The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Rankin did a good job tying the anti-democratic coup against our government and the people of the United States  to Putin's coup against Ukraine and the people of Ukraine 🇺🇸 🇺🇦

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

What you’re watching is a politician do politician things, nothing more, nothing less.   What you’re not watching is a law enforcement official explaining the law enforcement procedures undertaken to bring charges against Donald Trump. 

I have to give him credit for caring about the police for a second there, that was a nice touch.  I almost believed it. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What you’re watching is a politician do politician things, nothing more, nothing less.   What you’re not watching is a law enforcement official explaining the law enforcement procedures undertaken to bring charges against Donald Trump. 

I have to give him credit for caring about the police for a second there, that was a nice touch.  I almost believed it. 

You just don't care that TRump and his clown show attempted to overturn an election. You won't even admit he tried to overturn the election. 

You guys would install Trump with Putin like powers. 

You just don't care that TRump and his clown show attempted to overturn an election. You won't even admit he tried to overturn the election. 

Says the idiot who believes the russian hoax. Even when proven false, that’s some kind of stupid right there.

Hypocrite.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I know I can’t trust anything that comes out of a political committee, or the words out of Senator Teddy Raskin’s mouth.  

I do know that we’re 15 months post election and the sum and substance of your argument is “believe the senators!”.  That’s foolishness.  Like most sensible Americans, I know these people cannot be trusted.  

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I know I can’t trust anything that comes out of a political committee, or the words out of Senator Teddy Raskin’s mouth.  

I do know that we’re 15 months post election and the sum and substance of your argument is “believe the senators!”.  That’s foolishness.  Like most sensible Americans, I know these people cannot be trusted.  

You don’t believe your own eyes and ears? You don’t believe that Trump was saying the election was rigged, he really won, and that he took illegal measures to push that lie? 

I get you don’t care, but it would be nice to hear one of ya’all admit it. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

You don’t believe your own eyes and ears? You don’t believe that Trump was saying the election was rigged, he really won, and that he took illegal measures to push that lie? 

Now do Hillary, Chuck, Nancy, Adam, Comey, etc

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Who the hell needs the Senate to tell you what happened?  Man Lenny, your   ability to rationally discuss and concede the truthful points has deserted you!  Please tell me you are just yanking his chain here

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

How do you explain the fact that no actions have been taken by DOJ or any law enforcement organization to develop a legal case and pursue charges in the past 15 months?  Rather it's left to a partisan Congressional committee that has absolutely no legal authority to issue charges.  Nor for that matter any desire to determine the truth absent any political advantage.  All they can do is forward their recommendations to the DOJ which to this point has expressed no interest to pursue any charges.  I can only conclude the strategy is to keep this committee investigation on life support in the hope it can survive to impact the 2022 mid-term election cycle as the Democrats have few to no success stories or much else to run on.  The sad reality for them is there's not much enthusiasm for the "insurrection" narrative anymore beyond the core constituency.   

Sure Trump might have discussed options and weighed them against Federal and State law and the Constitution but you need to really understand the difference between what might be considered inappropriate discussions and illegal activities and actions.  Filing challenges to election results is not illegal and the courts appropriately ruled on whether or not to allow those challenges to proceed.  It's over.  

• Like (+1) 1

Trump most definitely suggested the election was stolen, pursued legal action to contest the stated results, and suggested he was the true winner of the race.  Where we disagree is the part about "illegal measures" and the belief that any measure of truth is coming out of a political committee self-nominated to be arbiter of truth and justice.  

33 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Who the hell needs the Senate to tell you what happened?  Man Lenny, your   ability to rationally discuss and concede the truthful points has deserted you!  Please tell me you are just yanking his chain here

Easy Carmen Electra, you shouldn't come storming into a conversation, making allegations about rational conversations and concessions without properly framing your argument.  It's poor form. 

What's got you all turnt up today?  Leh-nerd is here to listen.   

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Trump most definitely suggested the election was stolen, pursued legal action to contest the stated results, and suggested he was the true winner of the race.  Where we disagree is the part about "illegal measures" and the belief that any measure of truth is coming out of a political committee self-nominated to be arbiter of truth and justice.  

Easy Carmen Electra, you shouldn't come storming into a conversation, making allegations about rational conversations and concessions without properly framing your argument.  It's poor form. 

Yup, see no evil. A violent mob he stirred up. I know, you will say he had nothing to do with it, he is a Republican. Pressuring elected officials to "find votes," I know, you will say that's not illegal because the elected officials wouldn't go along with it, and his attempt to obstruct an official proceeding? Who cares, right? 

This is the attitude that allows people like Putin to take and hold power

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Thanks for being there, Len. 

Oh, I often read some irrational post and pen a quick reply.  Typically I come to my senses, ‘what is the point?’, and in the end I don’t send the reply.  There are so many here (on both sides, btw) that are just way too dug in to concede anything.  Textbook logic and argument will not get those entrenched to budge

On the other hand, you have typically been largely reasonable. When I read the quoted response a couple posts up, I was sort of surprised to see you adopting the half crazy logic of the entrenched.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yup, see no evil. A violent mob he stirred up. I know, you will say he had nothing to do with it, he is a Republican. Pressuring elected officials to "find votes," I know, you will say that's not illegal because the elected officials wouldn't go along with it, and his attempt to obstruct an official proceeding? Who cares, right? 

Putin? Oh come on!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

Thanks for being there, Len. 

Oh, I often read some irrational post and pen a quick reply.  Typically I come to my senses, ‘what is the point?’, and in the end I don’t send the reply.  There are so many here (on both sides, btw) that are just way too dug in to concede anything.  Textbook logic and argument will not get those entrenched to budge

On the other hand, you have typically been largely reasonable. When I read the quoted response a couple posts up, I was sort of surprised to see you adopting the half crazy logic of the entrenched.  

Thanks for the explantation.  To offer an analogy, it was like I was just driving along in my Tahoe, minding my own business and you drove by in your Smart Car, honking your horn, waving your arms just to tell me my turn signal had been on for a few miles.  I appreciate the attention, but the logistics of your delivery were off.  It's like expecting a nice visit from UPS and some wannabe Amazon driver rolls over your foot in the driveway.  Don't drive for Amazon, Bob.  Just don't. 

I'm still not sure what your concern is here.  Members of the ruling political class of every stripe typically see a public approval rating of less than 30%.  I saw a recent poll that suggested the dems had taken the dutch-oven approach to popularity and tanked to just over 20% with their take on leadership.  They've certainly earned that. 

The committee is pure theater.  Nothing they say or do should be taken seriously, they cannot be trusted and it was the same when the Rs ran the show.  I know this, Bob.  I think you know this, Bob.  I think Tibs knows this, Bob, but admittedly he's the wild card here.  

What is it in this case that makes me one of the Entrenched?  Here's what I think about 1/6:

• I didn't think the rally was a good idea.  It had nothing to do with Dem, Inc they can pound sand.  The way I saw it, the road to the mid-terms and retaking the White House started November 4.  I saw nothing but downside holding a rally on inauguration day when trying to woo independents to the party moving forward;
  • I supported, and support, the prosecution of wrong-doers who broke into the Capitol, fought with and/or assaulted the police.  I've become a bit disillusioned with the process thereafter--seems to me at times due process is being trampled on, that people are being over-charged or over-punished.  It seems to me that dem leadership, and liberal-minded folks who pay attention are perfectly comfortable with boots on necks when it comes to Washington, and exceedingly and perptetually anti-victim, anti-city and pro-perpetrator in every other city in the country.  That bothers me. 
  • While I get the argument that the Capitol is representative of our democracy, I think when people are assaulted, victimized and killed while cities burn, it's incumbent on those in the seat of democracy to stand up and act on their behalf.  That it came to their doorstep seems like a foregone conclusion given their inaction when it came to the doorstep of someone else.  
  • I don't understand how a ragtag bunch of malcontents and numbnuts were able to overrun the building in in less time than it will take me to get up, leave my desk, walk down the stairs and get coffee in my moderate yet luxurious downtown office in a small city in Upstate NY.  It was like a scene pulled from "Olympus has Fallen".  That needs to be addressed, the answers made public, and jobs lost over that debacle.  When's that &^%$ being addressed? 
  • Ashley Babbitt seems to be the only person shot by a police officer in the last few years where precious few questions were raised by the folks who normally suggest things like "Shoot 'em in the foot" and "Pivot to a mental health discussion", and an almost pathological silence from major media outlets that normally scream about such things.  That strikes me as odd, even though I feel like I understand why the officer shot her in the scenario.  
  • I can't, and won't, disregard the Russia investigation launched and prosecuted by the modern Dem party when considering the events of 1/6.  It seems to me that those on the other side of the coin were completely comfortable with talk of treason, election meddling, illegitimate presidencies, wide-scale investigations, doors being kicked in and the like when it suited their political objectives.  I think @Tiberius, and others, perhaps you included fall into that category.  

When all is said and done, I think Trump followed the model previously established during a long and dark 4 year period in our nation's history.   That, my friend, just seems to be the way the game is played.  Many who liked it when done for them, now seem all jimmy-jacked when done to them.  

So, bring me criminal charges against 45, bring me solid evidence of illegality and I'm happy to consider it.  Absent that, it's theater for the simple minded.   Oh, and somebody should tell Senator Teddy Raskin to stop combing his hair with a flip flop.  He wreaks of villainous stoogery.  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So the attitude problem you cite is why the guy that did all this illegal stuff 15 or more months ago is yet to be charged, indicted, or convicted? How incompetent can all of these bureaucrats, the army of investigators and numerous politicians be???