Since Watson wants out of Houston, could Watt be far behind?

Draconator

Did you know that Watt came back from injury way before anyone thought he could in 2019???

Ugh.  I would hate to have this guy on the Bills because there's nothing worse than watching a game when Watt is playing.  You hear his name about 5 times/minute all game long.

I hope someone else overpays him for those 5 sacks.

• Vomit 1

Pittsburgh makes the most sense for him. 
I don’t personally want him on buffalos team. Not with the salary he’ll get in free agency or his current final year of his deal. Odds have to be pretty high you won’t get 10 games out of him. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Most of our STARTERS arent even the answer.

That’s why we badly need help. The starters and backups aren’t getting it done and obviously another year of mileage on guys like Hughes and Addison isn’t good.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Pittsburgh makes the most sense for him. 
I don’t personally want him on buffalos team. Not with the salary he’ll get in free agency or his current final year of his deal. Odds have to be pretty high you won’t get 10 games out of him. 

Oh god, please no. One Watt (Derek doesn't really count) is enough slobbering for me. JJ and TJ on the same team? Damn, that would be insufferable.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Watt would be a horrible candidate for a trade IMHO.  The lose/lose situation is to trade picks AND have to pay a high salary for a guy who has played 2 full seasons in the last 4, and looked OK in the most recent.

I think he's likely to be a cap casualty for Houston.

Only way I would trade for him, is a late round pick and a renegotiation to lower that cap hit...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Lol it’s literally collinsworths sexiest dream come true 

You don't know how happy I am that, unlike the Bosas and Watts, there aren't the Donalds. I can not watch a Rams game with Collinsworth calling it.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Did you know that Watt came back from injury way before anyone thought he could in 2019???

Ugh.  I would hate to have this guy on the Bills because there's nothing worse than watching a game when Watt is playing.  You hear his name about 5 times/minute all game long.

I hope someone else overpays him for those 5 sacks.

I don't disagree, but 14 TFLs is a lot. He finished 6th in the league in that category. 

• Like (+1) 1

Oh I think he's a no-brainer if he gets released and wants to come here for rotational DE money.

Dude had 29 pressures last year, make no mistake that is what this defense does.

For reference; Mack had 31, L.Floyd 30, C Jordan 26 and F Clark 25. Not bad company. More than our leading guy Hughes. Sign me up for him as a rotational guy. He'll be better with less snaps on 2nd-3rd downs too.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

That’s why we badly need help. The starters and backups aren’t getting it done and obviously another year of mileage on guys like Hughes and Addison isn’t good.

It means nothing now, but that's why I was banging the drum so hard last March for Beane to:

1. Re-sign JPhillips and Lawson

2. Trade 2 2nds for Yannick Ngakoue

Lot of swagger and youth there. And between what we paid Addison, Butler, Jefferson, and Murphy, we could have found the cash to pay those guys. And looking at their production this year vs Ngakoue who had a down season and still had 8 sacks and 11 TFLs, it would have been worth it.

Oh well.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

ESPN has Addison at 8 TFLs (but just regular season, maybe postseason makes the difference?)

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It means nothing now, but that's why I was banging the drum so hard last March for Beane to:

1. Re-sign JPhillips and Lawson

2. Trade 2 2nds for Yannick Ngakoue

Lot of swagger and youth there. And between what we paid Addison, Butler, Jefferson, and Murphy, we could have found the cash to pay those guys. And looking at their production this year vs Ngakoue who had a down season and still had 8 sacks and 11 TFLs, it would have been worth it.

Oh well.

ESPN has Addison at 8 TFLs (but just regular season, maybe postseason makes the difference?)

Don't know. It's one of those "in the eye of the beholder" stats like pressures, but it shouldn't be -- it's pretty clear cut.