Biden Is The Green Energy President

Tiberius

13 hours ago, unbillievable said:

According to the movie "Day After Tomorrow", the weather will stay the same, then suddenly change overnight in a big storm, and then we'll wake up to the new Ice Age.

Ironically, showing that Movie to kids now will convince them that all of it was Bul******

It was hot way back when Dog Day Afternoon was filmed. 

On 5/4/2021 at 7:29 PM, Chef Jim said:

What’s my motivation, as the consumer, to change?  Because government said so doesn’t cut it.  The infrastructure required to make electric vehicles viable would be HUGE!  

And not to mention the global shortage of Lithium.  Electric cars will win a lot of market share for their simplicity if they are affordable and their range and the convenience of recharging (away from home) improves.   Really government needs to just stay out of the way and let the products, technology and market develop. 

On 5/27/2021 at 12:03 PM, TSOL said:

And either is the electricity used to charge them. 

They are mining the lithium in third world countries and contaminating the land greatly in the process, killing wildlife, contaminating and drying up lakes.

Musk is just the worlds greatest salesman. 

Now if the Biden administration can figure out what to do with the spent batteries when their lifespan is used up, then I'd be impressed 

Lithium is but one element that is needed to support this conversion.  But geology shows that resources are finite and there are just not enough accessible materials on the planet Earth to convert all applications that use hydrocarbons to electricity.  Which is the basic premise behind the Green New Deal, to electrify things like the motor fleet.  Just plug everything into the wall outlet and go our merry way into a future of continuous improvement and growth without missing a step.  The entire idea is a dangerous fantasy.   

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 months later...

US lab stands on threshold of key nuclear fusion goal

An experiment suggests the goal of "ignition", where the energy released by fusion exceeds that delivered by the laser, is now within touching distance.

Harnessing fusion, the process that powers the Sun, could provide a limitless, clean energy source.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-58252784

This and Hydrogen fuel cells have potential 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 2 years later...
On 6/14/2021 at 7:58 PM, BillStime said:

This Tweet aged well:

I live in California, and my electricity did not go out once this summer at least not yet

9 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

So I don’t believe that we can go completely to electric energy whenever it comes to cars but what Biden is trying to do here is make it so that you can actually on an electric car and feasibly be able to charge it they’re trying to get away from having one or two charging stations and having enough to be able to charge a lot of cars, which of course saves money

You can’t completely do away with gas powered engines the thought of having gas powered engines on vehicles that are say, delivering goods or emergency vehicles doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, but even if you were able to just cut a large percentage of gas engines out you’re still doing a world of good

Me personally, I am of the hybrid motivation. It would be great to have a car that you could charge electrically to save money and then have a reserve tank that you need in case of emergency that’s the type of vehicle I would like to go for.

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I live in California, and my electricity did not go out once this summer at least not yet

Lucky you. I know someone in Gold Country that had her  power out for 22 hours over the weekend.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

They asked people not to charge the vehicles and businesses to so it didn't happen.

They call them Flex Alerts.  and power still goes out all the time. 

90% of the vehicles on the road are fleet or commercial.  when will we see them go electric?  all the state vehicles?  Politicians still toted around in gas guzzling suburban fleets.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Were you aware coal usage was up so much.  media doesnt cover that often.

The only green solution to an electric infrastructure, is something along the lines of Nuke/fusion taking up most of that graph.

and a green way to recycle/produce the energy holding devices. IE, batteries.