Biden Is The Green Energy President

Tiberius

Let's all get on board for a sensible green energy transition.  If the lobbyists shut up long enough, we could use data as to what/when decisions we think we should make.  

Side note: saw a meme said electric vehicles batteries cost 200% of the original car price to replace?  How is that possible?  Something about electric car salvage yards in france

PUTIN again...........

Killing energy jobs in Oklahoma and creating them in St. Petersburg is so comically inept and villainous you could never even try it without the entire press in your back pocket.

• Like (+1) 1

Wow, really interesting. I know new things break down a lot, though. So will wait and see how this goes. 

Thanks to a groundbreaking innovation by one of America’s most iconic brands, “green energy” might finally escape the culture wars.

If, that is, politicians don’t get in the way.

Ford unveiled an electric version of its best-selling F-150 pickup truck Wednesday. Based on the specs released so far, it looks as good as or superior to its traditional combustion-engine cousin in almost every way.

Living up to its name, the F-150 Lightning can go from zero to 60 miles per hour in 4.4 seconds. It can tow up to 10,000 pounds. Its battery can be used as a backup power source, which could power a house for up to three days, according to Ford, or charge power tools on a work site. Its standard-range battery is expected to travel 230 miles per full charge, while the extended-range battery reaches 300 miles. Not as far as the range on a gas-powered truck, of course, but still pretty good.

Advertisement

Then there’s the price.

The base model starts at $39,974 — and that’s before factoring in tax incentives for electric vehicles. Including those incentives, such as a $7,500 federal tax credit, the Lightning is expected to be one of the least expensive full-size pickups on the market, gas or electric, when it hits the road next year. Possibly the least expensive, if you live in a state offering additional generous tax breaks.

This is no pokey, jelly-bean-shaped car designed for tree-huggers. Nor is it a spaceship-like ride for Bay Area tech bros. This is not a vehicle designed for virtue-signaling concerns about climate change, though it absolutely does broadcast the virtues of a bright, decarbonized, lower-pollution future.

The Lightning will be a better, faster, more functional and more affordable truck that can appeal to red-staters and blue-collar workers. If produced and purchased at scale, trucks such as this one could revolutionize car culture and eventually shrink the country’s carbon footprint. Tesla has already worked wonders in making electric vehicles (EVs) cool and more widely available. It produced about 500,000 vehicles in total last year; but as a share of the auto market, Ford’s F-series is in a league of its own, with about 800,000 trucks sold last year

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/05/20/why-fords-f-150-lightning-could-elevate-green-energy-culture-wars/

21 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Wow, really interesting. I know new things break down a lot, though. So will wait and see how this goes. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/05/20/why-fords-f-150-lightning-could-elevate-green-energy-culture-wars/

Tibs, I think you’re misunderstanding the debate. There are very few that have any real problem with electric vehicles. You can buy one if you’d like. I might myself. The debate is whether the government should be purposefully choking off the plentiful and cheap supply of alternative fossil fuels in order to force people to get one. Case in point...I’ve never heard anyone say that Tesla isn’t a pretty decent car. 

Your Sunday Clarice.

Democrat Projectionists

By Clarice Feldman

I’m not the first person to note that whatever Democrats accuse their opponents of doing, it is they, in fact, who are doing it. If you are puzzled why the Biden Administration scotched the Keystone Pipeline but gave a thumbs up on the Russian Nord Stream 2 pipeline to Germany, perhaps this explanation will help. Under the banner of “green energy” to control emissions. Germany began shutting down the cleanest emitting power stations: nuclear. In 2000, nuclear had a 29.5 percent share of its power generation mix. In 2020 that share dropped to 11.4 percent and next year every one of its nuclear plants is scheduled to be shut down.

Where will the lost energy generation come from? Russia. Do you think that this will place Germany increasingly at the mercy of Russia? I do, and it’s not just Germany.

Platts Analytics said Russian pipeline gas supply to northwest, central and eastern Europe, and Italy would rise from around 130 Bcm/year in 2020 to around 150 Bcm/year by 2040.

Does it look to you as it does to me, that the green energy/climate change movement is but a means to increase the political fortunes of China and Russia while weakening the West?

For years the U.S. has fought construction of this pipeline.

In December 2019, then-president Trump approved sanctions against any company assisting in the development of this pipeline into Western Europe. Congress included those sanctions in the defense bill, agreeing that this is a security risk. 

In January, President Biden pulled the permit for the Keystone XLPipeline from Canada to the U.S., killing 10,000 mostly unionized building trade jobs. 

The move certainly created bad relations with Canada but it made green proponents happy:

More at the link:https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/05/democrat_projectionists.html

On 5/23/2021 at 11:36 AM, B-Man said:

Your Sunday Clarice.

Democrat Projectionists

By Clarice Feldman

I’m not the first person to note that whatever Democrats accuse their opponents of doing, it is they, in fact, who are doing it. If you are puzzled why the Biden Administration scotched the Keystone Pipeline but gave a thumbs up on the Russian Nord Stream 2 pipeline to Germany, perhaps this explanation will help. Under the banner of “green energy” to control emissions. Germany began shutting down the cleanest emitting power stations: nuclear. In 2000, nuclear had a 29.5 percent share of its power generation mix. In 2020 that share dropped to 11.4 percent and next year every one of its nuclear plants is scheduled to be shut down.

Where will the lost energy generation come from? Russia. Do you think that this will place Germany increasingly at the mercy of Russia? I do, and it’s not just Germany.

Platts Analytics said Russian pipeline gas supply to northwest, central and eastern Europe, and Italy would rise from around 130 Bcm/year in 2020 to around 150 Bcm/year by 2040.

Does it look to you as it does to me, that the green energy/climate change movement is but a means to increase the political fortunes of China and Russia while weakening the West?

For years the U.S. has fought construction of this pipeline.

In December 2019, then-president Trump approved sanctions against any company assisting in the development of this pipeline into Western Europe. Congress included those sanctions in the defense bill, agreeing that this is a security risk. 

In January, President Biden pulled the permit for the Keystone XLPipeline from Canada to the U.S., killing 10,000 mostly unionized building trade jobs. 

The move certainly created bad relations with Canada but it made green proponents happy:

More at the link:https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/05/democrat_projectionists.html

Biden, seriously, stands a good chance to go down as one of the worst American presidents ever...and not because he is incapable- although I understand why some might argue this...

But, simply, his policies seek to benefit everyone else BUT Americans- from oil pipelines, to the boarder, to saying the greatest threat to the country is not China or Russia, but rather domestic white supremacy (oy vey)...it’s almost like he is doing and saying everything our foreign adversaries would sign up for...not very encouraging imho...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Biden, seriously, stands a good chance to go down as one of the worst American presidents ever...and not because he is incapable- although I understand why some might argue this...

But, simply, his policies seek to benefit everyone else BUT Americans- from oil pipelines, to the boarder, to saying the greatest threat to the country is not China or Russia, but rather domestic white supremacy (oy vey)...it’s almost like he is doing and saying everything our foreign adversaries would sign up for...not very encouraging imho...

Lol, ya ok. 

Anyway....

Yesterday was a huge day in climate change news. 

ExxonMobil shareholders voted Wednesday to install at least two new independent directors to the company’s board, a resounding defeat for chief executive Darren Woods and a ratification of shareholders’ unhappiness with the way the company had been addressing climate change and its lagging financial performance.

In Europe, a Dutch court ordered Royal Dutch Shell, considered one of the more forward-thinking companies in the industry, to make deeper-than-planned cuts in greenhouse gas emissions. And in the United States, Chevron lost a shareholder vote directing the company to take into account its customers’ emissions when planning reductions.

And...

Chevron investors also flexed their muscle Wednesday, casting 61 percent of shares in favor of a proposal asking the oil major to cut its total greenhouse gas emissions, including customers’ emissions, a category known as Scope 3, in addition to its own operations and supply chains, according to a preliminary count announced by Chevron at its annual general meeting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2021/05/26/exxonmobil-rebel-shareholders-win-board-seats/

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

HA HA HA, you idiots. Go look at how capitalism works. Look at Ford stock today after it announced its electric vehicle plans lol 🕺

Giant lithium ion batteries are not all that green. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Change is never a straight line 

And either is the electricity used to charge them. 

They are mining the lithium in third world countries and contaminating the land greatly in the process, killing wildlife, contaminating and drying up lakes.

Musk is just the worlds greatest salesman. 

Now if the Biden administration can figure out what to do with the spent batteries when their lifespan is used up, then I'd be impressed 

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am actually curious if anyone can show me one item that was correct from "An Inconvenient Truth"? I understand it was Gore and not Biden but the amount of carbon pumped into the atmosphere has gone up considerably in the past 15 years since that garbage was produced but our environment seems to be the same. In fact since 1990 when I first started hearing this garbage it has basically doubled but no major changes. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am actually curious if anyone can show me one item that was correct from "An Inconvenient Truth"? I understand it was Gore and not Biden but the amount of carbon pumped into the atmosphere has gone up considerably in the past 15 years since that garbage was produced but our environment seems to be the same. In fact since 1990 when I first started hearing this garbage it has basically doubled but no major changes. 

And yet every school kid in America was shown that movie...because it had Gore’s name attached to it. Pretty sad. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

According to the movie "Day After Tomorrow", the weather will stay the same, then suddenly change overnight in a big storm, and then we'll wake up to the new Ice Age.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

And yet every school kid in America was shown that movie...because it had Gore’s name attached to it. Pretty sad. 

Ironically, showing that Movie to kids now will convince them that all of it was Bul******

The West’s Suicide Note.

America has been the exception to the G7’s enthusiasm, having repeatedly refused to ratify any of the climate change treaties even when, as now, the U.S. administration was in the hands of climate “emergency” zealots who signed them. Partly as a result, the United States under the Trump administration was able both to reduce its carbon emissions and to re-emerge as an energy super-power by liberating “clean, green” natural gas from the land by fracking.

Oddly, even masochistically, President Biden was elected to reverse this policy and to embrace the Paris conference aim of achieving Net-Zero emissions by 2050. Seeing this as an opportunity to entrench Net-Zero as a legally-binding international obligation on all governments, the G7 and the IEA each issued a report at around the same time, respectively making the political and the technical case for the inevitability of Net-Zero.

It’s as if the people driving this don’t have our best interests at heart.

https://the-pipeline.org/net-zero-the-wests-suicide-note/?fbclid=IwAR2wUtcO7qihThSaLbVD-XBIQ1ioG4ySKJsokzZJfB5Tyuv24RXCCOmcLzs

(Yes, the site is called the Pipeline, so those of you who are shallow enough to care about such things, can skip it.)

Edited by B-Man