Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Houston

Process

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

I am one of the LAST people to defend the Texans brain trust but living down here I hear more about them than I care.  

They got Watson so sign  an otherwise Texans=-attractive deal and one of the freebies (or so the Texans thought) they threw in for him to sign is we will never ever want you to go away.  LOL.  Great example of be careful what you wish for.

I think that clause is something every franchise qb securing that monster second contract is going to get. 

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I am worried about the Pats, to be honest. They went 7-9 with a garbage roster, have 10 opt-outs coming back (including Dont'a Hightower, an awesome player), 10 draft picks, and over $60 million in cap space. In an interview mid-season, Matt Light said that Belichick felt all along that this was a joke of a season given Covid (I disagree about that), and that the solution was to load up to go all in in 2021. It is the case that he's the greatest coach ever.  As for QB, there are enough decent options floating around out there that I fear they'll end up with someone who is at least pretty good. 

The 10 opt-outs is so overblown.  Most of them are equivalent to us losing EJ Gaines.  

They re-signing Thuney?  Paying big $$$ to a QB?  Cool... now they can go sign one big name WR - which they better do since they can't draft them.  

They do that, sure, they're a solid team.  Still a team we should beat.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Let me introduce everyone to Jalen Ramsey. If he can force a trade, Watson surely can. 

Exactly ... there’s a million different ways to do it. Point is people who want to believe that a star playing out a huge deal disgruntled is the right answer just isn’t seeing the big picture. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

There will be a bidding war but the cost will be maybe 70% of what it would have cost without Watson letting the world he wants out.

If there are multiple teams bidding for him, that doesn't matter.  

What matters is if he starts leveraging his no-trade clause to rule teams out. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I am one of the LAST people to defend the Texans brain trust but living down here I hear more about them than I care.  

They got Watson so sign  an otherwise Texans=-attractive deal and one of the freebies (or so the Texans thought) they threw in for him to sign is we will never ever want you to go away.  LOL.  Great example of be careful what you wish for.

I thought the idiocy was relegated to BoB.  But with the Culley hire and now this, its obvious its a program wide thing.

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

The 10 opt-outs is so overblown.  Most of them are equivalent to us losing EJ Gaines.  

They re-signing Thuney?  Paying big $$$ to a QB?  Cool... now they can go sign one big name WR - which they better do since they can't draft them.  

I think the Pats had opt outs for older guys with $ that decided if they never play again so be it, they already had a ring and 2020 was going to be a down year without Brady.

Thuney they overpaid and wont tag him again.

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

There will be a bidding war but the cost will be maybe 70% of what it would have cost without Watson letting the world he wants out.

Depends how many bidders. The price might start lower.... but ultimately at the end the last two teams are bidding against each other not bidding against Houston's desire or ability to keep him. He is going to fetch 3 first round picks IMO. Jamal Adams fetched two. The difference between a top 5 safety and a top 5 Quarterback is huge. 

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Marcus Cannon is a great player, as is Hightower (obviously). And Patrick Chung is a vet who knows how to perform well in that scheme. They're big losses, personnel-wise. I'm not saying they would have made this year's team a playoff team, but they are good players. 

I do think the Bills are the team to beat in 2021 in the division, but I'm never going to underestimate Belichick. I'm just saying that they have a lot room to maneuver and have some good players coming back.   

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I thought the idiocy was relegated to BoB.  But with the Culley hire and now this, its obvious its a program wide thing.

I cant explain it nor will i defend it.

It all start with the Ownership of the McNairs.

I can tell you I meet old man MacNair, nice old guy, not at all remarkable not seem brilliant man but dedicated.   He had next to no money and got on to Cogen which he rode to the top and made a fortune.  Cal i have seen his act at little league, rather das tio see him getting pushed around by the obnoxious wife of his, he sits there and takes it.

Neither Bob or Cal can be accused of much above a room temperature IQ.  Both were very loyal and gracious, generous.  Problem with Bob McNair is encapsulated in David Carr story.  Carr, first pick in the draft, McNair loved him because he was a family man and Christian, he kept getting extensions because of McNairs influence. Carr, family man, great wonderful.  Problem was family came first.  Carr was usually the last person in the meeting and the first person out, he was the last person to be a team leader but hey a great guy and family man.

That also explains this bizarre psychological hold Jack Easterby has on McNair now...Easterby is like Rasputin and the Russian Czars family....hypnotic almost like control as there world crumbles around them.  

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

All right, take it easy. You'll be okay no matter what happens with the QB in Houston.

Correct because that QB is going to be Tua

Watson will take seasons of potential division titles from us because Houston is a disaster.  

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not sure Watson cares about that.

Cares about it? 

LOL, hell no at this point he wants whatever team he goes to  to pay the least hey have to .  The fewer draft picks the team has to give up the better for Watson and at this point, I dont think he minds at all if Mcnair & Easterby get screwed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I cant explain it nor will i defend it.

It all start with the Ownership of the McNairs.

I can tell you I meet old man MacNair, nice old guy, not at all remarkable not seem brilliant man but dedicated.   He had next to no money and got on to Cogen which he rode to the top and made a fortune.  Cal i have seen his act at little league, rather das tio see him getting pushed around by the obnoxious wife of his, he sits there and takes it.

Neither Bob or Cal can be accused of much above a room temperature IQ.  Both were very loyal and gracious, generous.  Problem with Bob McNair is encapsulated in David Carr story.  Carr, first pick in the draft, McNair loved him because he was a family man and Christian, he kept getting extensions because of McNairs influence. Carr, family man, great wonderful.  Problem was family came first.  Carr was usually the last person in the meeting and the first person out, he was the last person to be a team leader but hey a great guy and family man.

That also explains this bizarre psychological hold Jack Easterby has on McNair now...Easterby is like Rasputin and the Russian Czars family....hypnotic almost like control as there world crumbles around them.  

Nicely done here.  The Rasputin comparison is fantastic.   Hopefully they get it together.  Kind of praying they the Patriot ties will lead them to try and land Jimmy G in trading Watson to the 49ers.  I wont be able to suffer Watson in the AFC East.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ProcessYaDigg said:

Who cares.  The Jets and Dolphins have to deal with Josh Allen twice a year.  I like our chances better!

I care.

I was at the horrid Bills=-Texans game.  The Texans were close to dead, as was the home crowd.  IMO, there was on man that wasnt yet defeated nor gave up, that was Deshaun Watson.  

I would hate to to Wqtson with the Jets or Dolphins.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1