Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Houston

Process

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

There are a lot of people that love Joe Douglas. He helped build 3 super bowl champions during his scouting career.  He didn’t hire Gase.  While he wasted 2020 by keeping him, he made out like a bandit getting multiple 1st rd picks for a safety.  I like the saleh hire.  I think he’s a great fit for the culture they need to implement.

I feel the same way I do about Joe Douglas as I do Brian Flores.   To quote Buddy Nix "A lot of people want to tell you about the labor pains.  I say show me the baby."

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

I feel the same way I do about Joe Douglas as I do Brian Flores.   To quote Buddy Nix "A lot of people want to tell you about the labor pains.  I say show me the baby."

Brian Flores has at least shown you a big baby bump. Joe Douglas hasn't even shown you a positive test yet.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Brian Flores has at least shown you a big baby bump. Joe Douglas hasn't even shown you a positive test yet.

Not fair.  Douglas had an impressive career as a pro football scout and executive before becoming the Jests’ GM.  He knows what he’s doing.

15 minutes ago, mannc said:

Not fair.  Douglas had an impressive career as a pro football scout and executive before becoming the Jests’ GM.  He knows what he’s doing.

I like Joe Douglas. He is well respected, the people whose opinions I value tell me he is good. But in terms of turning around the Jets he has not shown anything yet. I love the Becton pick and liked a few of his other moves last offseason. I like the Saleh hire. But I was responding to a poster who said he has to show the baby and if your measuring stick is results then he hasn't even shown a positive pregnancy test in that regard. 

28 minutes ago, mannc said:

The same could be said for many GMs who failed...

The proof is in the results

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

I hear ya.  The guy only had one draft and one full offseason so far.  I thought he had a good draft last year and was saddled with Gase.  Idk if he was told to keep Gase or not, either way, his team had no chance being coached by that buffoon.  

we’ll see how he does this year, but his track record as a scout is stellar.  

Flores at season, he coached a team that many thought would win zero games....and he won 5.  He followed that by winning 11 games.  He may not have shown us the baby, but it’s clear he has Miami headed in the right direction.  

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya.  The guy only had one draft and one full offseason so far.  I thought he had a good draft last year and was saddled with Gase.  Idk if he was told to keep Gase or not, either way, his team had no chance being coached by that buffoon.  

we’ll see how he does this year, but his track record as a scout is stellar.  

Flores at season, he coached a team that many thought would win zero games....and he won 5.  He followed that by winning 11 games.  He may not have shown us the baby, but it’s clear he has Miami headed in the right direction.  

Douglas got two firsts and a third for a safety and he picked a franchise LT with the 11th overall pick, and the rest of his first draft was pretty good, too.  That's a hell of a start.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

You don’t think Flores looks like one of the best coaches in the NFL? What Miami has done in 2 years is kinda amazing. 

19 minutes ago, mannc said:

Douglas got two firsts and a third for a safety and he picked a franchise LT with the 11th overall pick, and the rest of his first draft was pretty good, too.  That's a hell of a start.

It’s wild but this garbage division might become really good again and the Pats might be the worst team in it. Wild times. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

They can't bring him back.  He'll make it almost impossible for Tua.

I agree that it might be tough for Tua, but they have to have a back-up, right?  And I doubt they want to go into the season with Tua and some late-round rookie or unproven vet as a backup...If I'm Flores, I try to keep Fitz around, just in case Tua flames out, assuming they don't use a first round pick on a QB this year.  

54 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You don’t think Flores looks like one of the best coaches in the NFL? What Miami has done in 2 years is kinda amazing. 

Ehh, year and a half, with a bad downturn the 2nd half of this year.

I'm less impressed with him now than I was when the 2020 season started. But he could still turn it around.

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

I agree that it might be tough for Tua, but they have to have a back-up, right?  And I doubt they want to go into the season with Tua and some late-round rookie or unproven vet as a backup...If I'm Flores, I try to keep Fitz around, just in case Tua flames out, assuming they don't use a first round pick on a QB this year.  

Sure they have to have a backup but it can't be Fitz.  

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ehh, year and a half, with a bad downturn the 2nd half of this year.

I'm less impressed with him now than I was when the 2020 season started. But he could still turn it around.

They started 1-3 and after that only lost to the two best teams in the AFC and Denver. He is a good coach IMO.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sure they have to have a backup but it can't be Fitz.  

I agree it shouldn't be Fitz. But I am not 100% sure it won't be.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree it shouldn't be Fitz. But I am not 100% sure it won't be.

I am and I'll bet good money on it.  For starters, I don't think Fitz would return anyway because they'll be trying to start Tua.  Second of all, if he goes back, the players will constantly be demanding Fitz play whenever Tua screws up.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They started 1-3 and after that only lost to the two best teams in the AFC and Denver. He is a good coach IMO.

He did a tremendous job in 2019, winning five games with a roster worthy of winning two.  I think he completely butchered the situation at QB in 2020, and his team appeared to quit against the Bills in the season finale with a playoff spot on the line.  He still has much to prove.

• Like (+1) 1