Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Houston

Process

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They started 1-3 and after that only lost to the two best teams in the AFC and Denver. He is a good coach IMO.

I agree it shouldn't be Fitz. But I am not 100% sure it won't be.

I never said he wasnt a "good" coach. Just that he made some mistakes this year that reduced the luster of his 2019 performance.

Plenty of decent coaches can coach up a bad roster to winning 5 games. But how do they do once they get the talent and young QB to try to push into the playoffs?

Pretty much what eball says:

6 minutes ago, eball said:

He did a tremendous job in 2019, winning five games with a roster worthy of winning two.  I think he completely butchered the situation at QB in 2020, and his team appeared to quit against the Bills in the season finale with a playoff spot on the line.  He still has much to prove.

7 minutes ago, eball said:

He did a tremendous job in 2019, winning five games with a roster worthy of winning two.  I think he completely butchered the situation at QB in 2020, and his team appeared to quit against the Bills in the season finale with a playoff spot on the line.  He still has much to prove.

I agree he made mistakes on the QB situation. But the job he has done the last two years is beyond dispute IMO.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I never said he wasnt a "good" coach. Just that he made some mistakes this year that reduced the luster of his 2019 performance.

Plenty of decent coaches can coach up a bad roster to winning 5 games. But how do they do once they get the talent and young QB to try to push into the playoffs?

Pretty much what eball says:

We when he got talent he doubled his win total. Yea 10 wins didn't make the postseason, doesn't make them worthless.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree he made mistakes on the QB situation. But the job he has done the last two years is beyond dispute IMO.

We when he got talent he doubled his win total. Yea 10 wins didn't make the postseason, doesn't make them worthless.

No one is saying that. Being "less impressed" with his 2020 performance than his 2019 performance is not a crazy take.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Tim Kelly doesn't have the reputation Joe Brady already has. He got interviews this year. I also don't believe Carolina would be 4-12. Put Watson on that team, even minus McCaffrey who missed a large chunk of this year when they went 5-11 and they are a .500 team at worst next season in an NFC with a Falcons team in transition and a Saints team with no Quarterback. 

Brady has one season as a coordinator at any level under his belt.  His best career year was timed with Joe Burrow's year at LSU.  The Panthers Offense, without much CM, scored fewer points than did the Texans last year. Their D is also bottom half.   Saints will have a QB soon enough.  Panthers still fighting Falcons to stay out of the bottom of the division.  

We shall see. 

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Brady has one season as a coordinator at any level under his belt.  His best career year was timed with Joe Burrow's year at LSU.  The Panthers Offense, without much CM, scored fewer points than did the Texans last year. Their D is also bottom half.   Saints will have a QB soon enough.  Panthers still fighting Falcons to stay out of the bottom of the division.  

We shall see. 

But he did get interviews this year. Despite all that. 

2 hours ago, mannc said:

I agree that it might be tough for Tua, but they have to have a back-up, right?  And I doubt they want to go into the season with Tua and some late-round rookie or unproven vet as a backup...If I'm Flores, I try to keep Fitz around, just in case Tua flames out, assuming they don't use a first round pick on a QB this year.  

The Backup is tua. They need a starter. 

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

David Culley got a HC job, so,  go figure. 

I saying Joe Brady deserves a job. Just that he would get one. EDIT: or not even that he would get one but that he would be the HOT guy who gets a load of looks.

Edited by GunnerBill

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I saying Joe Brady deserves a job. Just that he would get one. EDIT: or not even that he would get one but that he would be the HOT guy who gets a load of looks.

I will give him credit for parlaying a paper thin resume into NFL OC looks.

21 minutes ago, mannc said:

I feel very confident in saying that the Dolphins will never beat the Bills with Tua Tagavailoa as their QB. 

Eh. That’s a big claim. Like I wasn’t impressive with him at all last year but seems a little harsh after a rookie year, coming off of a major injury, for a pretty untalented offense.  

I hate the way qbs get developed now. They have a bad year snd it’s like their career is over. Allen had far worse stats as a rookie and look where he ended up. Obviously, Allen has the superior skills but I just thinks it’s early to just completely give up the guy.  But would I rather have them have Tua or Watson? Of course it’s Tua. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, mannc said:

I feel very confident in saying that the Dolphins will never beat the Bills with Tua Tagavailoa as their QB. 

The Dolphins with Tua Tagavailoa as their QB, managed to beat some arguably better teams, certainly teams with better QBs including the Rams, Arizona, and the Chargers, and put a good scare into the Chiefs.

They did it with defense, specifically turnovers on defense, and with special teams.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Dolphins with Tua Tagavailoa as their QB, managed to beat some arguably better teams, certainly teams with better QBs including the Rams, Arizona, and the Chargers, and put a good scare into the Chiefs.

They did it with defense, specifically turnovers on defense, and with special teams.

They beat teams with better QBs than the Bills?  I must have missed that.  Even against the Bills’ second team, they got annihilated.

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's not what I said.  Do I really need to do a grammatical break down of the sentence?  Sheesh.

It was unclear, to say the least, especially when read in response to my post...Anyway, I’m still confident that Tua ain’t beating the Bills anytime soon.  He’s exactly the sort of QB McDermott locks down tight as a drum...

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yep the 2020 Dolphins were the old Bears teams(Rex Grossman years) they had to play perfect on D and Special Teams in order to win- this is an unsustainable recipe... unless they get some major acquisitions on Offense I suspect they will be forever in the 6-11 to 8-9 range, much like Lovies Bears.