GameStop (GME) Insane Ride

Mark80

This site should have an investments forum, something that would benefit all of us rather than the political forum that is all fights

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I've been following the whole time. No one has made any killing yet, because they arent cashing out.

Yeah you are probably right on that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MarkyMannn said:

This site should have an investments forum, something that would benefit all of us rather than the political forum that is all fights

Yeah you are probably right on that. 

To clarify, my "awesome" like is to your idea of having an investment forum in place of PPP. Not just because you agreed with my other post, haha. :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

That is a great idea... but sites have to also have a political forum because of well, football. Maybe dump a little used place and just rename it.

Edited by T&C

I want to move everything into low risk for reasons I can't talk about here. My wife agrees with our advisor, who says give it a bit more time.

I had pretty nothing 25 yrs. ago entering my third marriage, neither did she. To lose what we have now would suck. 

I have no faith in.....

My advice that's served me well over the years is take your favorite company in each sector and buy some more stock every time the market dips if you have the available cash wish a good mixture of reliably high dividend value stocks (Johnson & Johnson) and growth stocks (Amazon).  Avoid all the speculative crap.  

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

My advice that's served me well over the years is take your favorite company in each sector and buy some more stock every time the market dips if you have the available cash wish a good mixture of reliably high dividend value stocks (Johnson & Johnson) and growth stocks (Amazon).  Avoid all the speculative crap.  

I think Amazon is still a buy at this price

Do you feel the same

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

I want to move everything into low risk for reasons I can't talk about here. My wife agrees with our advisor, who says give it a bit more time.

I had pretty nothing 25 yrs. ago entering my third marriage, neither did she. To lose what we have now would suck. 

I have no faith in.....

Waste Management - there will always be garbage to pick up.

Robinhood now not allowing you to buy GME and many others.  They are now restricting free individuals to do as they please to protect hedge fund managers under the disguise of protecting the people.  This is the kind of deck that is stacked against every normal person in this country.  Such a shame.  Hope it still doesn't work but gets people more determined and Robinhood goes by by after this.

What this means in layman's terms is that the only people who can buy stock now are major players ... aka ... the hedges that are shorted.  If people hold they are still in big big trouble.  LET ME EDIT THIS, THE BIG PLAYERS HAVE A MUCH EASIER WAY TO BUY THAN RETAIL BUYERS NOW SINCE ROBINHOOD HAD A TON OF THESE ACCOUNTS NOW THEY HAVE TO OPEN NEW ACCOUNTS ELSEWHERE AND GET FUNDS INTO WHICH IS TIME CONSUMING IN A TIME CRITICAL PLAY.

This is an epic event and I'm so happy to be part of it even if only for a minimal amount.  The movie is gonna be great.

9 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

I have no faith in.....

Best decision you can make for this is a market index mutual fund.  I like S&P personally but any are fine.  Your money goes with the market.  Expect 8-12% gains most years.  Don't even have to do anything to it, they maintain it for you.

Edited by Mark80

54 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Robinhood now not allowing you to buy GME and many others.  They are now restricting free individuals to do as they please to protect hedge fund managers under the disguise of protecting the people.  What this means in layman's terms is that the only people who can buy stock now are major players ... aka ... the hedges that are shorted.  If people hold they are still in big big trouble.

Did you really mean this?

You can buy GME or anything else anywhere else.

Robinhood restriction has infinitely little to do with the ability to buy this or other issues. 

5 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Robinhood restriction has infinitely little to do with the ability to buy this or other issues. 

Sorry, that language was a bit aggressive and misleading.  I added an edit.

18 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Uh, Ameritrade also blocked it. And Schwab.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/gamestop-amc-trading-is-now-being-restricted-at-td-ameritrade-11611769804

So no, you can’t.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

Well that was an interesting ride.  Looks like all these diamond handed warriors have cashed in their shares and are running for the exits.  Will there be another rally and attempt at a squeeze around $150 or is this thing coming all the way back down to $40 before a long slow grind to $20?

29 minutes ago, FireChans said:

When I posted what I did, you absolutely could.

Further, I just logged in to my tdameritrade account, the firm you mentioned, and put in a limit trade for GME, which was taken, no problem.

I cancelled the limit order, but it certainly did not restrict me from placing the order.

Edited by sherpa

....and I got out at 175.  bought @40, sold @175.  Missed the big $400+ but still not a bad couple weeks!  Be prepared for Robinhood to get destroyed over this.  I'm taking all my money out as soon as possible. Also be prepared for it to go to over $1k tomorrow since I sold my shares!

Edited by Mark80

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.