How can the bills afford Diggs and Allen

dbfla10

Has nobody read the rules that only B7uffalo can afford one $10M+ salary.

In all seriousness, it is possible. You have to stagger contracts and be smarter about things. Cant waste $40M on guys like Jefferson, Butler, Addison, Klein, etc. Or $4M on special teams guy. Other teams have done it for years. 

1 hour ago, dbfla10 said:

You all realize Mahomes only accounted for 5mil towards the cap this year. So using him as an example doesnt work

You do realize that much like White (and Mahomes) they will extend Allen meaning his 4th year (next year) and his 5th year deals will be significantly under 30 million a season.

Any Allen contract is not going to be a big hit until 2023.  It will allow him to get more upfront, but spread that hit out of 10+ years.

Relax and look at the Mahomes template.  

🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dbfla10 said:

not trolling show me a team with a 30mil QB and a 20mil WR that consistently contends?

Are you kidding -- how about the other three teams playing last weekend?

Buccaneers, Packers, Chiefs all fit the bill of highly paid quarterback and at least one highly paid receiver. Two of them are playing in the Super Bowl. The Saints, a stones throw from making it have consistently contended paying Brees and Thomas.

Just now, BuffaloBobs said:

Are you kidding -- how about the other three teams playing last weekend?

Buccaneers, Packers, Chiefs all fit the bill of highly paid quarterback and at least one highly paid receiver. Two of them are playing in the Super Bowl. The Saints, a stones throw from making it have consistently contended paying Brees and Thomas.

Yet none of them have a 30mil qb and a 20mil WR, so no im not kidding you. 

2 hours ago, dbfla10 said:

There is no doubt Diggs is going to ask for more money. Deandre Hopkins yearly salary is going to be nearly twice that of diggs. Diggs is going to ask for more money, and based on other contracts he deserves it. I know he has 3 full seasons left, but so did hopkins before his trade. Going to be very tough to afford these two unless the bills ride out Allens contract till his 5th year, which I think is best. 

Shocker, another anti bills thread from someone who wants to claim the sky is falling.. oh god, chicken little.  Nice try.  Won’t be back.  Have f7n with you’re anti bills fans so you can have fun with each other.

real bills fans.  Let them have their fun.  God knows anyone with a brain won’t listen..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, nucci said:

Surely you can't be serious

i am and don’t call me Shirley.

that type of money is plenty for generations. It’s fully guaranteed. There’s Opt outs after 4 years. From what I read Josh’s family had money growing up. He knows 160 is plenty. 

sacrifice the money you’ll never spend in your lifetime to compete for a championship every year.

be the one guy that is different in the NFL, put yourself in a position to get the ring(s) now so you aren’t chasing them at the end of your career like stafford and rivers.

This will get worked out, not the least bit worried. Good teams pay the stars and draft young talent as well as bring in vets as role players.

If they can't figure that part out this won't last long anyways. Everyone can't get paid, like Milano, he's good but something tells me we will live without him.

18 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

i am and don’t call me Shirley.

that type of money is plenty for generations. It’s fully guaranteed. There’s Opt outs after 4 years. From what I read Josh’s family had money growing up. He knows 160 is plenty. 

sacrifice the money you’ll never spend in your lifetime to compete for a championship every year.

be the one guy that is different in the NFL, put yourself in a position to get the ring(s) now so you aren’t chasing them at the end of your career like stafford and rivers.

So because his parents had money he should eat it? Nah, he puts his body on the line. Advice to him is get a market deal, make it somewhat team friendly and he can make concessions on a year to year basis if the team has cap issues.

No way I would take less and put the ball in their court. To bring up his parents monetary value is crazy to me.

23 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

Yet none of them have a 30mil qb and a 20mil WR, so no im not kidding you. 

Wrong.

Mahomes contract averages $45,000,000 a year while Hill averages $18,000,000 a year. So yes, the Chiefs meet and exceed your arbitrary threshold. The Saints and Packers both average above $45,000,000 a year between their quarterback and top receiver, the Buccaneers more than $40,000,000.

It's possible -- in fact I'd argue if there are two positions where you should spend on top talent this all suggests it's quarterback and receiver.

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Question: How can a team afford to pay their star players?

Answer:  Don't overpay a bunch of underperformers to hang around your locker room.

Next Question?

chiefs starting OL in the Super Bowl will have a total 2020 salary for all 5 guys of under 7 million dollars.

that’s the online we could t get pressure against

Dude youre not even close to right, Mahomes cap hit this year was 5mil. Bucs wrong Brady is at 27mil and evans around 18mil. Packers arents close with Rodgers cap at 21mil and Adams I believe at 16mil

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

Wrong.

Mahomes contract averages $45,000,000 a year while Hill averages $18,000,000 a year. So yes, the Chiefs meet and exceed your arbitrary threshold. The Saints and Packers both average above $45,000,000 a year between their quarterback and top receiver, the Buccaneers more than $40,000,000.

It's possible -- in fact I'd argue if there are two positions where you should spend on top talent this all suggests it's quarterback and receiver.