Former Bills DC Mike Pettine under fire

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I'm not going to defend taking Love in the first round.  Look at how good their WR group was.  All the uproar about not taking a WR was much ado about nothing.  They have a top 4 WR maybe the best WR in football.  Adding other pieces to the offense was fine.  

They made it to the NFC Championship. They lost their LT to a freak injury.  Tampa has a very good defense.  Move on to next year

I saw that game from the GB offense as Davante Adams got taken away and the other guys couldn't hold up against elite corner play.  🤷‍♂️

Sorta similar to how we had Diggs and not enough else to overcome the handsy, physical (I would NEVER say it's uncalled DPI) play of the KC DBs

54 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

If Frazier goes to the Texans bring him back!

This is the first time I have felt in favor of that puke emoji @SDS added.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

🤷‍♂️

This is the first time I have felt in favor of that puke emoji @SDS added.

Why? He was great as a DC here. He actually did some great things in GB. Sucks he had a terrible corner that didn't defend the end zone with 8 seconds left. 

8 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I feel like I remember Pettine sending a delayed blitz on a Hail Mary when he was with us, and it was brilliant. Super effective—QB couldn’t get the pass off. 

He did it twice as I remember. The first time the defense got a sack and everyone was lauding his genius. The second time, the QB escaped and threw the Hail Mary with only a couple of DBs in the end zone and I was crapping my pants. I don’t remember it happening again after that.

Edited by vincec
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Why? He was great as a DC here. He actually did some great things in GB. Sucks he had a terrible corner that didn't defend the end zone with 8 seconds left. 

His scheme couldn't be more different than McDermott's conceptually. We would almost need to draft 11 new defenders. 

• Agree 1

I would fire him now ;)

Its all his fault that Lafleur chose to kick a FG from the 8 yard line with 2:08 remaining in the game ;) 

I seen him yelling to Matt on the sidelines.....kick it kick it...I will get the ball back from Brady with 2minutes left ;) 

Edited by JMF2006

The thing I didn`t understand was the whole sequence of plays with around 3 minutes left.

Their RB runs out of bounds with 2mins and change to go when he should have stayed in and just ran the clock to 2 minutes.

I would have been trying to score with little or no time left.  

9 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Dillon was injured for some games. He posted 5.3 YPC and was effective when he was in the game.  He had a full 1 YPC more than Moss.

GB lost because their OL could not block the Tampa DL.  

100% agree I thought Rodgers should have run for the goal line on that 3rd down

Dillon had over 5 carries......in two games this season.  He was their 3rd string rb and Jamal Williams was their #2.  He didn’t contribute anything meaningful the entire season.  Love contributed nothing, he couldn’t beat out the great Tim Boyle for 2nd string.  Their 3rd rd pick had one catch and tore his acl. He would’ve been their 3rd TE at best. Kamal Martin had 23 tackles, mostly on ST. They literally got zilch from this entire draft class. Well done packers FO.  You ended your season in the same exact spot you did last year.....partly because you spent all of your draft picks on 3rd stringers that didn’t play the entire season.  Get out of there AR.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dillon had over 5 carries......in two games this season.  He was their 3rd string rb and Jamal Williams was their #2.  He didn’t contribute anything meaningful the entire season.  Love contributed nothing, he couldn’t beat out the great Tim Boyle for 2nd string.  Their 3rd rd pick had one catch and tore his acl. He would’ve been their 3rd TE at best. Kamal Martin had 23 tackles, mostly on ST. They literally got zilch from this entire draft class. Well done packers FO.  You ended your season in the same exact spot you did last year.....partly because you spent all of your draft picks on 3rd stringers that didn’t play the entire season.  Get out of there AR.  

And partly because they spent 1st and 2nd round picks on DBs over the past couple of drafts who got burned all day long. Which has been my point in the whole Love debate throughout - the Packers have wasted a lot of capital in recent years. Spending 1 pick on a guy they think can be their future franchise QB is far more defensible than almost any other move they have made (I know you recognise this @NewEra and have actually taken the time to read and understand my perspective on this which hasn't been the case with everyone). 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And partly because they spent 1st and 2nd round picks on DBs over the past couple of drafts who got burned all day long. Which has been my point in the whole Love debate throughout - the Packers have wasted a lot of capital in recent years. Spending 1 pick on a guy they think can be their future franchise QB is far more defensible than almost any other move they have made (I know you recognise this @NewEra and have actually taken the time to read and understand my perspective on this which hasn't been the case with everyone). 

I get your point GB.  Always have.

my point is winning a SB with the a goat like QB that has as many rings as Trent Dilfer.  Great job getting to back to back NFCCGs and losing again....while everyone in the media rips AR for losing another big game.  With the same exact team he had last season.  The FO didn’t focus on winning a SB this year......and they didn’t win a SB this year.  No one is surprised here.  maybe Jordan Love can win one for them.....and the. They can draft his replacement after a season in which they were one game short of a SB. 

again.....I get your point.  I disagree with the  philosophy in this situation.  In most situations, the FO is replacing a starting QB.  Not Aaron Rodgers.  Easily on of the best ever. 

5 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

No. He runs a 3-4 scheme, incompatible with the personnel we have here.

Yeah, and I think the Bills have a terrible D-Line and LB core so a switch from 4-3 would be welcomed. They would have to prioritize a NT

I'll just come out and say it: Tampa has gotten lucky 2 weeks in a row. They are not consistently driving the ball. Teams are gift-wrapping them TDs and giving them short fields. You saw what happened when they need to press: Brady threw a pick on 3 consecutive drives. 

Tampa has put a lot into getting up early then sticking around and waiting for the timely fumble or pass interference call. Washington just wasn't a playoff team, but the Saints and Packers gave them those games with turnovers and poor coaching. 

Without a whole lot of effort, I can come up with an 18 point swing for Green Bay

Here's 14 free points for Tampa: 

1. the play right before halftime

2. the fumble right after haftime by the Packers to set TB right up around the 10

Here's 4 fewer point than Green Bay should have had:

Rogers doesn't run in the easy 3rd down TD

Green Bay really should have won that game going away, but they just plain blew it.

LeFleur cost his team 3 times:

1. Doing nothing with one of Brady's picks. 3 and out

2. Doing nothing with another one of Brady's picks. 3 and out again.  

3. Not going for it down 8 at the end. Worst case scenario you miss and TB takes over on their own 8. 

Pettine's defense came up with 3 consecutive picks and you got 6 points, Lefleur. With the supposed MVP. At home.