How does Josh work on his nerves...?

Adamb412

Josh had a great season no doubt about it, but when the big game comes he choked.  I feel like Josh's mentality is more of Alex Zverev and not that of Djokovic (Tennis Fans).  When the "No tomorrow" situation comes, he DOESNT leave it all on the field. We squeaked by the colts, without johnson INT vs the ravens, we would of scored ten points total.  Unacceptable. This is my big concern.  How does someone work on nerves? I was joking with my dad during the game last night he needs to take a shot of whiskey to calm the nerves, but obviously the dude does not have ice water in his veins which is something a QB needs.  So what are the solutions? Sports Phych? Yoga? 

Edited by Adamb412
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Angry 2
  • Disagree 16
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

2 minutes ago, Adamb412 said:

Josh had a great season no doubt about it, but when the big game comes he choked.  I feel like Josh's mentality is more of Alex Zverev and not that of Djokovic (Tennis Fans).  This is my big concern.  How does someone work on nerves? I was joking with my dad during the game last night he needs to take a shot of whiskey to calm the nerves, but obviously the dude does not have ice water in his veins which is something a QB needs.  So what are the solutions? Sports Phych? Yoga? 

Is there anything to back up he doesn’t perform in big games?  He has done great in the 4th quarter when losing, won two playoff games this year, great in prime time, plenty of comebacks and game winning drives.

losing against the best team in the league in the afc championship means he doesn’t perform in big games?  

Edited by Crayola64
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:

Is there anything to back up he doesn’t perform in big games?  He has done great in the 4th quarter when losing, won two playoff games this year, great in prime time, plenty of comebacks and game winning drives.

losing against the best team in the league in the afc championship means he doesn’t perform in big games?  

He didnt trust his mechanics yesterday he didnt trust his reads.  The KC defense ISNT GOOD!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Maybe you should stick to tennis.

Choked? Go away with that. Not sure what he was supposed to do out there, he was constantly being pressured, his receivers were not getting open, and we can't run the ball.

I don't know what game you were watching but besides a handful of sacks there were times he had time to make a sandwich in the pocket and all his did was double pump and look confused

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Ah yes, the day after a big loss threads such as this are inevitable.

I think his "nerves" are fine.  He has made incredible progress, has obviously learned from his mistakes and wil work his arse off and come back and be a better player.  Experience is NOT wasted on J Allen.

Next playoff game I want to see him like Tom Brady throwing the ball in the dirt at the foot of a receiver instead of taking this comically bad and long snacks.  J Allen has gotten a lot of the "superman" complex out of his system but the competitor

in him still surfaces. 

• Like (+1) 2

Josh really didn't play very well, at least not to the standard he set his year, all of the post season. That said, and as one of the biggest former Allen haters in Bills fandom, give the kid a break. It's not his fault he's not Mahomes. Allen made a historic leap that no QB has ever come close to this year. If he only gets marginally better from here on out, it'll be good enough to get it done at some point. You're asking way too much from someone that already gave us more than we deserved.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh did everything he could. There wasn't much more available to him with multiple rushers in his face 90% of the time & WRs being covered well when they weren't being mugged. This loss is on the Defense, O-Line, & most of all Coaches- very little to do with Allen.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Have you watched him all season? He's great in the fourth quarter.

He had a bad game against KC.

In big moments all season he's been awesome. Third down, fourth down, you name it.

The "KC Defense isn't good" argument is insane, by the way. They are good and they showed it on Sunday.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, 947 said:

Josh did everything he could. There wasn't much more available to him with multiple rushers in his face 90% of the time & WRs being covered well when they weren't being mugged. This loss is on the Defense, O-Line, & most of all Coaches- very little to do with Allen.

Completely disagree.  Allen is the QB, any elite QB with the time he had on certain plays would make the defense pay.  Especially with the weapons we have

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Adamb412 said:

I don't know what game you were watching but besides a handful of sacks there were times he had time to make a sandwich in the pocket and all his did was double pump and look confused

Did you see the coverage the Chiefs had, they were on receivers like glue.

If Josh had one big fault just like in the first KC game he didnt take what they gave him...he needs to learn to check down...he has made incredible progress in this regard but still has a lot to learn.

This experience will, like the Texans game last year, only make him a better QB.  Experience at the position obvious;y means everything.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Allen has been very good during the pressure moments. He has had quite a few 4th quarter comebacks so far in his career. He helped the Bills win two playoff games and was a big reason they went 13-3, won the division, and got to the AFC championship game. KC is a better team than Buffalo. That is the reason they lost not Allen's nerves.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Did you see the coverage the Chiefs had, they were on receivers like glue.

If Josh had one big fault just like in the first KC game he didnt take what they gave him...he needs to learn to check down...he has made incredible progress in this regard but still has a lot to learn.

This experience will, like the Texans game last year, only make him a better QB.  Experience at the position obvious;y means everything.

So you want him to be trent edwards????  They werent on them like glues every snap.  KC defense is the BOTTOM THIRD of the league.  We had a stallar WR core and magically 1 game they cant get open???

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

Experience?

I thought Josh was fine, he did look a little nervy in the first half, but calmed down.  The Chiefs D wasn't giving him many options.  I thought the play calling should've been better and more of what we saw during the regular season, that's where the game was lost imo.

Next year when we make it back, Allen will have ice in his veins.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Adamb412 said:

Ohhhhh I see the confusion.  You didn’t watch the game

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4