Jump to content

Brian Daboll named Assistant Coach of the Year by PFWA


Recommended Posts

The Associated Press is generally considered the "official" Coach of the Year award isn't it? I don't think they've named one yet, but Stefanski is obviously a strong contender for it along with McD and LaFleur IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How many teams have "Assistant Coaches"?

 

Is it another way to say Coordinator, or is it Assistant Head Coach?

Assistant coach can be coordinator or position coach with this award. Same with the college award (Broyles Award)

Edited by YoloinOhio
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CircleTheWagonsNC said:

Really disappointed that McDermott wasn't honored as the COY.  Stefanski deserved to be in the discussion, but really?  The Browns were 11-5 and finished 3rd in their division!  Cleveland has had a ton of talent for a few years now...come on!?

I’m trying really hard this year to not get pissed off at things that are out of my control. My first few golf games in the spring time will be a good tester.

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I’m trying really hard this year to not get pissed off at things that are out of my control. My first few golf games in the spring time will be a good tester.

 

To avoid breaking your iron bring a bamboo club.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What does this mean in terms of the hotseat?

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DCOrange said:

The Associated Press is generally considered the "official" Coach of the Year award isn't it? I don't think they've named one yet, but Stefanski is obviously a strong contender for it along with McD and LaFleur IMO.

 

Yes. The AP is the official Coach of the Year.  Almost always the same as the PFWA Coach of the Year, but there have been years when they were not the same like 2008. But it is very rare.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CircleTheWagonsNC said:

Really disappointed that McDermott wasn't honored as the COY.  Stefanski deserved to be in the discussion, but really?  The Browns were 11-5 and finished 3rd in their division!  Cleveland has had a ton of talent for a few years now...come on!?

They always give that trophy to people who resurrect teams...  Sean took a  10-6 wild-card losing team to 13-3 and in the AFC championship.    I believe that is more impressive...but I am not the talking heads out there who seem to like more drama.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...