Fox News becomes even less recognizable as "News"

WideNine

1 minute ago, Andy1 said:

Fox News attorneys have argued in court that they in fact are not a news organization, but instead are broadcasting entertainment. Hopefully Dominion wins their $1.7 billion defamation case against them. 

Looking forward to the new Dominion Voting Machines, News, and Pillows Company. 

• Haha (+1) 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2022 at 10:49 AM, Andy1 said:

Fox News attorneys have argued in court that they in fact are not a news organization, but instead are broadcasting entertainment. Hopefully Dominion wins their $1.7 billion defamation case against them. 

And people still watch it.  Mock cnn for their bs, they deserve it often. Fox isn't even news.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thread is hilarious to me because all of this would easily fit in the "American media" thread but these idiots like to pretend that the others are better. I don't trust any of them on the surface, which is a shame because it should not be so much effort just to get a few facts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, BillStime said:

The Villani family doesn’t deserve this 

GQP trash 

The fact that Foxnews prioritizes speed over accuracy is not news to most people. What is funny is that you post more fake info then anyone else here by a large margin but seem offended that they don't have higher standards then you do. I will point out to you that the majority of people had it wrong because no one cares about accuracy.

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

The fact that Foxnews prioritizes speed over accuracy is not news to most people. What is funny is that you post more fake info then anyone else here by a large margin but seem offended that they don't have higher standards then you do. I will point out to you that the majority of people had it wrong because no one cares about accuracy.

You’re obviously not paying attn to some of the other posters around here that post things from Dan Bongino, which is not news and redstate.com

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Eyeroll 1

On 1/20/2021 at 2:55 PM, WideNine said:

Fox News has doubled-down on the dumb. Ratings are down and they are getting set for a 4-year run of sensationalizing conspiracy theories with more hate and disinformation to get their viewership back up. There is a MAGA herd of hurt folks out there ripe for the pickings too.

It was already tough for real journalists to practice objective journalism on their platform where for years the actual news-worthy segments lost more and more air-time to loud -mouth opinion purveyors whose opinions were delivered as if they were actually vetted news. There are quite a few conservative journalist that I respect that have jumped ship over the years for just this reason.

I see this trend on some left-leaning sites too and it is frustrating for those that appreciate good investigative journalism. My news feeds on my phone are chuck full of opinion pieces. Too many do not differentiate those from facts or news. Kind of wish I had a better way of filtering those out I would rather get the facts and come up with my own opinions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/fox-news-fires-a-dozen-staffers-including-political-ed-chris-stirewalt/ar-BB1cTZ8P

So they are like CNN, MSNBC & others sensationalizing or imbelshing stories to make people hate others & believe things about other folks that aren't completely true ?

SAY IT AIN'T SO !! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T master said:

So they are like CNN, MSNBC & others sensationalizing or imbelshing stories to make people hate others & believe things about other folks that aren't completely true ?

SAY IT AIN'T SO !! 

I would agree that the quality of journalism has tanked across the board in favor of anything that can generate click/ad revenue.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WideNine said:

I would agree that the quality of journalism has tanked across the board in favor of anything that can generate click/ad revenue.

For a news source to survive today this appears to be needed. CNN actually tried to become a true news source a few years ago and their ratings tanked horribly. They have returned to their old ways but have yet to recover.

• Agree 1