Fox News becomes even less recognizable as "News"

WideNine

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Sounds like a revival of the CNN Crossfire show the Tucker Carlson used to co-host.

Jon Steward skewered the show as a guest and it was canceled soon after...not sure Tucker ever got over that.

The audio on this copy was crap, but plenty others out there. It is a good listen about polarization and partisan divide.

yeah ive seen that and was a big fan of Stewart. i miss him. im a big supporter of his fight for 911 workers.

i didnt watch crossfire much. rising is different as its two moderate hosts together and they just present some stories from their takes. no major debates. no sensationalism and mostly agree on the foundation of the topic presented but at least you can hear some objections without the I'm absolutely right your wrong or demeaning attacks towards each other, besides towards the crazy op eds and media and corrupt government general rediculousness. 

here's just a random one.

lots of daily topics.

check it out and share if you think its ok. more views is the only thing that will change direction.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

yeah ive seen that and was a big fan of Stewart. i miss him. im a big supporter of his fight for 911 workers.

i didnt watch crossfire much. rising is different as its two moderate hosts together and they just present some stories from their takes. no major debates. no sensationalism and mostly agree on the foundation of the topic presented but at least you can hear some objections without the I'm absolutely right your wrong or demeaning attacks towards each other, besides towards the crazy op eds and media and corrupt government general rediculousness. 

here's just a random one.

lots of daily topics.

check it out and share if you think its ok. more views is the only thing that will change direction.

I will definitely check it out.

Just did...and they nailed it.

All that manufactured privilege churn from an old dude wearing a jacket and recycled mittens.

Edited by WideNine
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I will definitely check it out.

Just did...and they nailed it.

All that manufactured privilege churn from an old dude wearing a jacket and recycled mittens.

keep going alot more topics. those who are not zealots need voices to unplug from the mainstream narratives of hate. it wasnt to long ago where disagreement did not make you a enemy and simply saying i think this side represents me but i also agree with you that they are not doing the right thing here.

5 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Why only extremists who practice Islam?  Why not any other extremists?  . 

Who determines what is extreme?

Many people feel that if you don’t agree with their point of view, then YOU are an extremist...

When Copernicus said the Earth revolved around the sun, the people of his time said he was an extremist...

Trying to figure out what or who is extreme seems like a slippery slope to me...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Definition of a snowflake: 

Tucker probably has something bad he is hiding about himself which is why he is so angry about things like this. I would love to see what he would say if it was the democrats who were the terrorists..

Sadly it won't happen b.c only Republicans seem to get brainwashed.

20 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Who determines what is extreme?

Many people feel that if you don’t agree with their point of view, then YOU are an extremist...

When Copernicus said the Earth revolved around the sun, the people of his time said he was an extremist...

Trying to figure out what or who is extreme seems like a slippery slope to me...

Ya, ignorant religious people said that. Are you saying people that deny climate change are extremists now? 

Hey, let’s muddy the waters on what we call extremist so really, nothing is extreme. Everything is cool, unless you support Democrats. Woo hoo! Silly rhetoric to excuse how bad 5he Republican Party has become, oh ya! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ya, ignorant religious people said that. Are you saying people that deny climate change are extremists now? 

Hey, let’s muddy the waters on what we call extremist so really, nothing is extreme. Everything is cool, unless you support Democrats. Woo hoo! Silly rhetoric to excuse how bad 5he Republican Party has become, oh ya! 

They are fighting themselves on top of trying to fight democrats... Instead of trying to work with people they are alienating everyone.

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

First off, I hate the term “climate change”... everyone knows that climate changes because we see it everyday...so, saying that people deny climate change always sounded stupid imho...

Second, I think most people want to take care of the environment and find ways to come up with clean energy...However, I think the problem most people have is that the issue has become political, and people are concerned about how much big bureaucracies are controlling their lives- and who is making money off of it...

23 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

First off, I hate the term “climate change”... everyone knows that climate changes because we see it everyday...so, saying that people deny climate change always sounded stupid imho...

Second, I think most people want to take care of the environment and find ways to come up with clean energy...However, I think the problem most people have is that the issue has become political, and people are concerned about how much big bureaucracies are controlling their lives- and who is making money off of it...

But the people that just up and totally deny Man Made Global Warming? Are they extremists? 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

But the people that just up and totally deny Man Made Global Warming? Are they extremists? 

Not necessarily... I understand your concern, but I always try to put myself in the shoes of people on both sides...So let’s examine this particular situation that you describe.

I think that most of those who take issue with climate change policy can probably be put into 1 of 2 categories...

1. The first category is the most obvious- people that don’t understand the science, or simply don’t care, or are just skeptical of big government, so they just deny there is any connection between humans and the environment...

2. The second category Is probably more important than the first, but doesn’t get talked about because it is, likely, easier for people to lump everyone into category 1 for political purposes...this category includes people who believe that humans probably have some impact on climate, but that there is no definitive data that shows exactly how much is related to human activity and how much is natural causes...Therefore it is unknown how much government intervention is necessary...

Climate has always been changing, even long before humans were ever around...So, to say that “climate change” is man made isn’t really a logical statement...the key is figure how much human activity contributes to climate change...and I’m not sure that is possible...but I could be wrong...

Edited by JaCrispy

35 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Not necessarily... I understand your concern, but I always try to put myself in the shoes of people on both sides...So let’s examine this particular situation that you describe.

I think that most of those who take issue with climate change policy can probably be put into 1 of 2 categories...

1. The first category is the most obvious- people that don’t understand the science, or simply don’t care, or are just skeptical of big government, so they just deny there is any connection between humans and the environment...

2. The second category Is probably more important than the first, but doesn’t get talked about because it is, likely, easier for people to lump everyone into category 1 for political purposes...this category includes people who believe that humans probably have some impact on climate, but that there is no definitive data that shows exactly how much is related to human activity and how much is natural causes...Therefore it is unknown how much government intervention is necessary...

Climate has always been changing, even long before humans were ever around...So, to say that “climate change” is man made isn’t really a logical statement...the key is figure how much human activity contributes to climate change...and I’m not sure that is possible...but I could be wrong...

We are changing the climate. Yes, it changes on its own, also. 

There are people --Exxon-- that totally understand the issue but lie about it. Extremists? 

44 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

We are changing the climate. Yes, it changes on its own, also. 

There are people --Exxon-- that totally understand the issue but lie about it. Extremists? 

I would agree, that people are  probably changing the climate to some extent...I liken automobile emissions to smoking cigarettes...if smoking isn’t good for you, than auto emissions probably aren’t good for the environment either...

So, is it wrong for Exxon to lie about human culpability in influencing climate change, if the data shows some sort of correlation? Absolutely! But the term “extremist” is completely subjective, especially in this instance, since it can’t be proven just how much humans alter the climate, on their own imho...

Furthermore, if a lie is all it takes for someone to be an extremist, then the whole planet is full of 8 billion extremists...and if that’s the case, then what meaning does the word “extremist” really have?

Edited by JaCrispy

18 hours ago, RiotAct said:

they should be removed from air immediately.  There’s no place in this country for that kind of biased journalism.

all for removing biased journalism. This would be a fantastic positive step for mankind, and for this country in particular. Imagine if the news became just the news and not mouthpieces for their respective parties 

Who would remain though?

• 3 weeks later...