Bills need to practice more inside the stadium in Dec/Jan

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

Not talking about just the physical building of the dome. They also have to find location, pass referendums, infrastructure etc. It’s going to be a few years considering nothing has been yet. 

your right. It’s not that easy

what we need to do is develop a run game. Look at Rodgers yesterday, look at Mahomes today

Allen needs a run game 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Aaron Rodgers was using the wind in Green Bay last night. If I remember correctly, the commentators mentioned it. U have to know your surroundings, we have heard for years that the conditions in Bills Stadium are tough on QBs. We have the answer in Josh Allen. I agree with the OP get em in the stadium and let them experience every element.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I said build a dome. Are you now reading impaired in addition to math impaired? Wow 

Settle down with the personal insults just because you think they should build a new open air stadium and the rest of us don't.

Interesting comments here supporting a dome.  There was a time when the Bills  considered playing outside in the elements to their advantage during the winter, as other teams didn't practice in the conditions common for the Bills.   Since the field house....the advantage has evaporated.  The coaches like what they can get done inside, and the players union has limited the practice time of the players, outside practice is minimized.  Yes, the home team should know the winds better than the visitors.  Last night I sensed that Allen, Bass were as clueless as were the Ravens about how to handle the stadium winds....shouldn't be that way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For those that want a dome. 

how many of the 32 teams have a dome?

7. Only 7. 

who’s going to fund the 25 teams without a dome to become a domed stadium to make it an equal field of play?

it would also demand that all domes with retractable roofs remain closed.

Arizona, Atlanta, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, and New Orleans.

53 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

your right. It’s not that easy

what we need to do is develop a run game. Look at Rodgers yesterday, look at Mahomes today

Allen needs a run game 

I’m glad the days of Captain Checkdown are over, but we also need to be aware of the conditions. I don’t know if it’s more on Daboll or Allen, but the onslaught of low percentage deep throws in those elements wasted a bunch of downs. 

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Settle down with the personal insults just because you think they should build a new open air stadium and the rest of us don't.

oh I got it now, you love arguing with yourself. At least everyone else understood English and what I was writing. Maybe someday you will too. 

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

oh I got it now, you love arguing with yourself. At least everyone else understood English and what I was writing. Maybe someday you will too. 

Not sure why you insist on violating board policy. I'll stop this before you get yourself banned. 

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Not sure why you insist on violating board policy. I'll stop this before you get yourself banned. 

How do you survive in the real world? Wow. You didn’t understand one thing I wrote and then you’re the one who is offended? Please do go away 

Just now, Billznut said:

How do you survive in the real world? Wow. You didn’t understand one thing I wrote and then you’re the one who is offended? Please do go away 

You're the one who thinks building a dome takes years is some sort of revelation. Everyone else here knew that. I'm sorry that your stunning insight was basic knowledge. 

31 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You're the one who thinks building a dome takes years is some sort of revelation. Everyone else here knew that. I'm sorry that your stunning insight was basic knowledge. 

Phew. Glad we got that settled and we all agree on the dome situation and its potential pitfalls. You keep saying you’re going yet you’re just can’t quite move on. So I’ll do it for ya. See ya 

Go Bills! 

Dome or no dome, Beane has been effective at shoring up weak spots on the roster from season to season.  The goal for next year has to be finding pieces to improve the running game.  I'm not sure if it's a RB or better run blockers on the OL,  but something is missing.  Earlier in the season, it looked like they needed LB help and players to stop the run, and they still do, but they appear to have improved significantly in that area as the season has gone on.  At this point, their run D looks better than their run O.  And as to the OP, yes, they should practice in the stadium, at least from time to time.  Perhaps they already do (I don't know).  The next game will either be outdoors at KC in wintry conditions or in the Bills own stadium, so they need to be comfortable in those surroundings.  I trust the coaching staff to do what they need to be prepared.

4 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

One thing about the Superbowl teams of the 90‘s is that they were great at home in cold/snowy/windy weather. I think for the current Bills to be able to do better at Bills stadium is that they need more practice inside the stadium during the winter months. During the game last night, we saw Allen and Singletary slip on the ground a couple of times. Both QB’s struggled with deep passes due to the wind. I think if the Bills had more practice in those conditions, they could realize how far they could/couldn’t accurately throw the ball. Same goes with attempting FG’s. 

This isn’t a knock on the team. The weather impacted both teams offenses last night. I remember back in the 90’s when teams did not want to come to Buffalo for the playoffs because of the weather as it was an advantage for the Bills. It would be great to see the Bills use the weather to their advantage. Go Bills!

We were a running team in the 90's, much easier to deal with bad weather.

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

We were a running team in the 90's, much easier to deal with bad weather.

K-Gun offense being a running team? I’d have to disagree. While the K-Gun offense of the 90’s was a more balanced offense (passing/rushing) than the current Bills, the Bills threw more than they ran it. 

45 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

K-Gun offense being a running team? I’d have to disagree. While the K-Gun offense of the 90’s was a more balanced offense (passing/rushing) than the current Bills, the Bills threw more than they ran it. 

Actually, we ran more than we threw most seasons.

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

For those that want a dome. 

how many of the 32 teams have a dome?

7. Only 7. 

who’s going to fund the 25 teams without a dome to become a domed stadium to make it an equal field of play?

it would also demand that all domes with retractable roofs remain closed.

Arizona, Atlanta, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, and New Orleans.

wat

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

One thing about the Superbowl teams of the 90‘s is that they were great at home in cold/snowy/windy weather. I think for the current Bills to be able to do better at Bills stadium is that they need more practice inside the stadium during the winter months. During the game last night, we saw Allen and Singletary slip on the ground a couple of times. Both QB’s struggled with deep passes due to the wind. I think if the Bills had more practice in those conditions, they could realize how far they could/couldn’t accurately throw the ball. Same goes with attempting FG’s. 

This isn’t a knock on the team. The weather impacted both teams offenses last night. I remember back in the 90’s when teams did not want to come to Buffalo for the playoffs because of the weather as it was an advantage for the Bills. It would be great to see the Bills use the weather to their advantage. Go Bills!

I was thinking the same.

6 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Do we know that they don’t now? I know the field house is available but I suspect the stadium is as well. 

In the news last week they practiced inside it was on one bills live i think

Edited by Sharky7337