trump supporters

51 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Like eliminate the filibuster on lower court justices?

You're referring to Harry Reid and this ultimately happened because of Republican obstructionism... and I think it was also led by McConnell 

Like eliminate the filibuster completely to ram thru GOP Bills.

Yes... :blink:

Like use every shady way possible (Cornhusker Kickback, etc) to ram thru a health care bill that was sold as THE fix now its trash we need full universal care.

Democrats had a filibuster proof majority and the '08 election was almost primarily based on Healthcare.

They had a mandate. They couldn't get everything they wanted, but it was a helluva lot better than what was before or the nothingburger of a plan Trump has.

Outside of judges you don't like, in what ways did the GOP seek more power in DC? 

Please see Donald Trump 

More importantly, what exactly did they push that was as drastic and divisive a reform as the ACA?  They cut your taxes?  

Eliminating the ACA and preexisting conditions, making abortion illegal, giving the richest of our country by far the most significant tax breaks, trying to deport young people who might not be US citizens but know no other country and are upstanding non-citizens, making it easier rather than harder for civilians to get assault rifles and other automatic weapons, rhetoric exonerated white supremacists like in Charlottesville, etc.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

I hope you're proud. You own this.

So disgusting 

43 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You're referring to Harry Reid and this ultimately happened because of Republican obstructionism... and I think it was also led by McConnell 

Yes... :blink:

Democrats had a filibuster proof majority and the '08 election was almost primarily based on Healthcare.

They had a mandate. They couldn't get everything they wanted, but it was a helluva lot better than what was before or the nothingburger of a plan Trump has.

Please see Donald Trump 

Eliminating the ACA and preexisting conditions, making abortion illegal, giving the richest of our country by far the most significant tax breaks, trying to deport young people who might not be US citizens but know no other country and are upstanding non-citizens, making it easier rather than harder for civilians to get assault rifles and other automatic weapons, rhetoric exonerated white supremacists like in Charlottesville, etc.

So disgusting 

Hope it was worth destroying the Republic bc the GOP wants to secure the border with a 3rd world hole (how many have we deported under Trump?  I was told it would be endless busses), they want to stop killing babies, and they think there are alternatives to big government health care to get you coverage. 

These are absolutely the policy positions that warrant *2016 will never ever happen again* level resistance.  Oh and Trump is an **s hole.  Yep totally worth it.  

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Um...because it is?  Have you seen what's happened in the past 48 hours?  Opposition is being silenced.  There have been two bills in Congress to expel Republicans from Congress en masse.  A third bill is being introduced that will declare the Republican Party a domestic terror organization.

I know most of you here agree with that.  But a one-party state that considers opposition True Evil that must be silenced is an extraordinarily bad idea.  This is what most of you claimed was Trump's goal in the past four years.  Now you're supporting it - driving your opposition to the fringes, then silencing it. 

This board is a microcosm of that - you harassed and abused everyone who disagreed with you, to the point where they felt they had to escape you.  And now you're going to report the site they escaped to as a terrorist organization and have it shut down.  This is what you want.  It's what your party wants.  Restriction of the freedom to oppose you.  

So you got your wish.  Good luck with that.  Remember, the Committee for Public Safety ate its own, and ultimately came for Robespierre.  

Followed?  Are you functionally ######ed?  I left months before you drove everyone else out of here.

What are you actually afraid of though? How is your life being affected? What specifically makes you afraid and makes you feel like you have to fight? Give me an example? It seems to be all this fear is imaginary. All these bad things are going to happen in the future if you don't fight. The "Left" might raise your taxes a few dollars. That's about it. 

As an adult I've been through 3 President's. My life hasn't changed much, for better or worse. I go to work at the same job I had when Bush was President. The only difference today is there are a group of people that seem to be afraid. They fear for their lives and freedom. That's mostly middle aged white people. What happened? Why are they afraid? You speak of being silenced. Silenced how? What is your message? Who is hurting you? 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What are you actually afraid of though? How is your life being affected? What specifically makes you afraid and makes you feel like you have to fight? Give me an example? It seems to be all this fear is imaginary. All these bad things are going to happen in the future if you don't fight. The "Left" might raise your taxes a few dollars. That's about it. 

As an adult I've been through 3 President's. My life hasn't changed much, for better or worse. I go to work at the same job I had when Bush was President. The only difference today is there are a group of people that seem to be afraid. They fear for their lives and freedom. That's mostly middle aged white people. What happened? Why are they afraid? You speak of being silenced. Silenced how? What is your message? Who is hurting you? 

Watch Fox news between 8-11 for a few days.  You'll understand

4 hours ago, daz28 said:

This is real easy  Democrats are afraid of Donald Trump.  He's one shady ass dude who will do anything to get what he wants, including lie, cheat, and steal.  He turned the Republican party into mini versions of himself, but still terrified of him.  

Republicans are spurred on by the real fake news media that tells them Democrats are basically sub-humans who will destroy all the good that our forefathers have done. 

See now I don't believe that. I think he's an entertainer. He thought he was putting on a show. He fed into all the conspiracies out there. Trump was the biggest test to Democracy we've seen in our lifetime simply by his message. It wasn't really anything he did though, it was his deviciveness. What did he really do policy wise to threaten democracy? Nothing. Our system is strong. Not even someone as divisive as Trump could break it. 

10 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Watch Fox news between 8-11 for a few days.  You'll understand

Easy answer is stop watching opinion news. Turn it off. Both sides should really follow that advice. If you're listening or watching so-called political pundits daily just turn it off. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

See now I don't believe that. I think he's an entertainer. He thought he was putting on a show. He fed into all the conspiracies out there. Trump was the biggest test to Democracy we've seen in our lifetime simply by his message. It wasn't really anything he did though, it was his deviciveness. What did he really do policy wise to threaten democracy? Nothing. Our system is strong. Not even someone as divisive as Trump could break it. 

Easy answer is stop watching opinion news. Turn it off. 

No, it's the Republicans that think the Democrats will make us communists, not Trump.  

As for Fox news, you asked me a question of what they're afraid of.  I told you how to find out by watching it.  I rarely watch Fox, and only do to see what they're saying

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Hope it was worth destroying the Republic bc the GOP wants to secure the border with a 3rd world hole (how many have we deported under Trump?  I was told it would be endless busses), they want to stop killing babies, and they think there are alternatives to big government health care to get you coverage. 

These are absolutely the policy positions that warrant *2016 will never ever happen again* level resistance.  Oh and Trump is an **s hole.  Yep totally worth it.  

You do an amazing job of twisting words and cherry picking.

You should become what you seem to hate: a politician.

and...

is this a bizarro world where @DC Tom is honestly trying to play the victim????

giphy.gif

Edited by transplantbillsfan

1 hour ago, daz28 said:

No, it's the Republicans that think the Democrats will make us communists, not Trump.  

As for Fox news, you asked me a question of what they're afraid of.  I told you how to find out by watching it.  I rarely watch Fox, and only do to see what they're saying

Politics is all about stoking fear. With social media the ability to stoke fear became easier and more widespread. Our system is strong and will withstand any domestic attempt to destroy it either by Democrats or Republicans. 

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

You do know by your logic you are posting on a fascist site.

Waiting for you to acknowledge your Idiocy.

Edited by TBBills

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

They aren't interested in unity.

Find one....one so called liberal here to first of all, define that, and second challenge them to say the following:

"I 100% want Biden to reach across the aisle and work with the GOP and if he refuses and shows zero good faith (eliminates the filibuster, no clear compromise shown) I'll call it out."

You won't get one person on the left to say that out loud.  

Not.  One.  

If Biden eliminates the legislative filibuster I'll call him out.  It would be far more damaging than anything Trump ever did.  They'll have to get most of their legislative agenda's done through reconciliation because there's little incentive to work across the aisle out of fear of being primaried.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If Biden eliminates the legislative filibuster I'll call him out.  It would be far more damaging than anything Trump ever did.  They'll have to get most of their legislative agenda's done through reconciliation because there's little incentive to work across the aisle out of fear of being primaried.

Exactly the left does not care if you are a democrat, if you are doing something wrong we will call you out.

The Right on the other hand will blindly keep going with something even if they don't agree b.c they only care about the side they are on.

The Trump supporters are gonna be in for a rude awakening once Trump leaves office. He used them for their votes and their support, now that they aren’t in his tax bracket and he’s no longer a politician what use does he have for them?

No more rallies, no more Twitter and no more Facebook .......Trump will go back to business as usual making money while his supporters will be left with their MAGA hats and Trump 2020 flags