Bit of Buffalove from Chris Simms Unbuttoned

59 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

15:14 if this link doesn't take you to that point, though the stuff he says about the Browns is interesting.

OK, Simms says early on the Bills were trying to determine whether it was man or zone coverage and run a "Man killer" play, and what the Phins were doing successfully was showing Man then shifting to Zone and the play would fail (or vice versa).  The Bills adjusted by calling plays that would work OK against either Zone or Man and we were off.

13 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

He sees the Colts having no chance to slow down the Bills' offense, as they don't trust their man cover corners so won't be able to blitz as much (giving Josh more time sounds like a great strategy too;)

The one thing I will say is that I believe Frank Reich is a creative, inventive football mind and I believe they will come out with something that will fluster us initially and will require adjustment.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Watching Chris Simms talk about football is a pleasure. He knows the game as well as anyone and knows the teams he talks about as well as the fans.

He's very good at what he does and better than 90% of the pundits out there because he does his damn homework.  He uses the analytics, and he watches the film, and combines it with his own experiences.  If he doesn't know something, he won't have a take on it.  That being said, he usually knows because again, he does his damn homework.

• Like (+1) 4

Best point they made was about not needing to be in the perfect play.

That had been Daboll's biggest weakness in his first two seasons in Buffalo...........he LOVES the gotcha' plays..........and sometimes really what they've needed is to get in a rhythm with tempo or simpler play calls that don't necessarily leave the opposing defense with their pants around their ankles if everything goes right.

Two former QB's get it.

That drove me nuts in 2018-2019 when they didn't have the personnel to overcome all of the give-away downs and yardage.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The one thing I will say is that I believe Frank Reich is a creative, inventive football mind and I believe they will come out with something that will fluster us initially and will require adjustment.

He was there for Hoodie's HOF defensive gameplan in SB XXV, which largely grounded our high flying offense, but in no small part was helped by keeping them off the field to begin with. Our rush D needs to come to play, that's all we can say. 

I love the way he says "....even an MVP-caliber quarterback, like Josh Allen...." in mid sentence so naturally and casually, like he didn't even need to think about it. 

The Bills have that guy under center. Just your regular MVP-caliber guy. He's one of those names now. Hopefully forever.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Simms really understands football, but he talks about it like he's your buddy having a couple of beers at the local watering hole.  It's always fun to listen to.

meh....call me when he says this about Josh:

"Josh Allen is providing some juice. What a stud. Great legs & ass too"