Brown activated from Covid list

BillsMafi$

10 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Beasley is 5-8 174, now hurt and runs a 4.49.

That makes Nelson taller and much skinnier.  And he hasn't been productive in 3 years.

That being said, hopefully he's a find for them.

1 minute ago, BearNorth said:

Brown is 6 yards faster than Diggs on a fifty yard throw, 10 yards faster than Davis.  Just saying, have seen a bunch [know I'm old] Lamonica type bombs from Josh that Brown would probably at least got his hands on...

For sure, getting Brown back will be big.

• Thank you (+1) 1

You can throw the fastest stone across a pond but will it skip water?  In short you can be the fastest player on the field but if your rout running is not there and your not great at adjusting speed to stay under the ball what's the point?

Cough... Parish the thought.

1 hour ago, balln said:

i think th nelson signing is a one game tryout. essentially just gonna play this week 17 game and then will get cut

I don't believe Nelson will be activated for Sunday's game. I believe he is here to fill an important role on the scout team. The Colts and Chiefs each have some of the league's fastest players. Our defense needs to practice against some burners. Nyheim Hines and Jonathan Taylor are quite likely coming to town next week. Tyreek Hill is hopefully on the menu in a couple of weeks.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BearNorth said:

And with McBeane - don't rule out the special teams aspect, nice to have people ready to hit as the ball is being caught.  Best special teams for Bills teams in I can't remember and I go back to day 1.

Have you forgotten the great special teams of the early 90s?

They won games by blocking field goals and punts. That group caused fumbles as well.

If you are talking about coverage and returns only then you might be correct.

• Like (+1) 1

If you would’ve told me before the season started that Smoke (our de facto 2019 #1 receiver) would’ve missed 5 games and been banged up for a few others where he clearly wasn’t himself, and we still win 12 (possibly 13) games, I wouldn’t have believed it likely. Josh loves Smoke and has a great bond/relationship/chemistry with him. Yes, I know Diggs has been a huge part of filling that void, but in a shortened off season with limited reps, it really goes to show you how incredible Josh Allen has been this year. Also a testament to the other receivers like Beasley and Davis stepping up.

6 hours ago, BearNorth said:

4.28 would make him the fastest player on the roster [Taiwan "stone hands" Jones] is a 4.33.  Josh being able to force the defense to be honest with the long ball is a scary prospect. Diggs 4.46 got over the top last week and went to the house.  Gabe Davis 4.54 did a couple of times, but was a step slow.  If he can play teams, would make our punt and KO coverage teams that much better.

Don’t forget Smoke!!