BARKLEY BOMB: 6,700 Fans Allowed for Playoffs!! Link to live conference at 3pm.

Process

3 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Was there a reason given as to why fans may attend on the 9th or 10th but not on the 3rd?

they need time to do the testing and probably set up a s***load of plexiglass, signs, sanitizing stations, traffic cones, and crime scene tape.

1 hour ago, fridge said:

We are trying to figure this out. My dad can't go to the game (health reasons), but the tickets are in his name. Seems ridiculous that our family wouldn't be allowed to go in this scenario. To be safe we'll use my name as the purchaser, but if they try to say he has to go... I'm just at a loss.

*Edit - I should mention our ticket window is at 430 EST today.

In case anyone else is dealing with the same question - confirmed from the ticketing office - the account holder does not need to attend, BUT, the people on the list who ARE attending need to have access to their account login at the gate for mobile ticketing. That's it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What was the nature of the warning when you spoke to the occupants of the other vehicle?  

Ticket?  Ejected from the parking lot/game?   And just for kicks, how close were the cars parked together?  I went to Miami last year for the game but rode the shuttle from the hotel.  I really have no idea how that’s all set up.  My assumption is they would encourage adequate spacing between vehicles so as folks exited they weren’t in close proximity.  

It was a stadium employee,  and maybe it was more of a direct instruction than a warning  "You need to roll up your windows if your going to sit in the car" given to both my car and the people in the other car we were talking with.   And I didn't push the issue, just followed instructions.   When we arrived I did ask a security guard what the rules were, and he said any tailgating was cause for ejection.     

The cars were parked side by side, like normal.    Arrived around 11:15  and parked super close to the stadium (it was empty compared to normal) way closer than ever parked that close at any stadium before.  I did pay extra b/c one of guys I was with had an injury and long walk was an issue for him.    Inside the stadium were very spaced out.    We were a block of 4 on the aisle, only 2 other people in a row of 24 seats, at least 10 seats between us.   And no one 2 rows in front or 2 rows behind.  

2 hours ago, junior12thman92 said:

Just ordered my tickets. Details:

• I signed in via the hyperlink that was emailed to me this morning. It took me right into a stadium overhead view
  • Go to the upper-left corner to indicate how many seats you want (2 or 4). If you hit the "+" sign and end up on 1 or 3, it will show that no tickets are available. So make sure you choose 2 or 4
  • All sections still had seats when I ordered, so all sections were blue (not sure what it'll look like if a section is all picked over)
  • Zoom in and pick the pod of seats you want. In my case, I chose 4, so it illuminated available pods of 4
  • Click the desired pod and add it to your cart (it's possible that the pod you're looking at will be added to someone else's cart while you're looking at them, so decide quickly!)
  • Purchase them in the given 10 minute window

Good luck!

Thanks for sharing the details.  Have fun,  and cheer like crazy  for all of us who want to be there, but can't.   I am curious about how they are enforcing the non-transferrable and id requirement.   If you were not able to go personally, would you be able to give your tix to a family member or friend?  Or do you personally need to attend with the group?  Will you be able to text or email the tix to the other 3 in your group or do you need to present all 4 tix at the gate?

4 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Additional info, after speaking with a ticket rep just now...this is more geared toward those out of state:

1. Covid testing: confirmed it must be performed at stadium lot 4. the team did try to get flexibility to use other labs/testing locations, but that was not approved by NYSH dept.  

2. Testing dates: 2-3 days in advance, with game day /time unknown the expectation is for Wed-Thur likely, possibly thur-fri.  Saturday is a definite no, as expected

3. Testing time /scheduling : biotechnology lab will email the account holder after tickets are purchased to schedule at lot 4.  The team is working with biotechnology on a "13 hour testing window" each day, to accommodate travelers or working schedules.  9pm-10pm shut down time was mentioned as possibiltity, which may be helpful

Hope this helps any fellow out of state sth 

Thanks for this. I don’t think I’m going to get a crack this round, but obviously hoping I get a chance for the divisional round and was trying to plan the logistics in my head 

Many thanks from me, too, on the COVID test info.  I live in the NYC area and can’t get there next week for the test (even assuming I got tickets—my window is 11:30 tomorrow), but am hopeful that I could make it to the divisional round game (knocking wood we make it).....

1 hour ago, Reks Ryan said:

It was a stadium employee,  and maybe it was more of a direct instruction than a warning  "You need to roll up your windows if your going to sit in the car" given to both my car and the people in the other car we were talking with.   And I didn't push the issue, just followed instructions.   When we arrived I did ask a security guard what the rules were, and he said any tailgating was cause for ejection.     

The cars were parked side by side, like normal.    Arrived around 11:15  and parked super close to the stadium (it was empty compared to normal) way closer than ever parked that close at any stadium before.  I did pay extra b/c one of guys I was with had an injury and long walk was an issue for him.    Inside the stadium were very spaced out.    We were a block of 4 on the aisle, only 2 other people in a row of 24 seats, at least 10 seats between us.   And no one 2 rows in front or 2 rows behind.  

Thanks—sounds reasonable for the situation.  We had miAmi In Miami circled this year to attend again. It was awesome last year.  

They sent an email to me on Saturday asking for names and some personal info for those that will be attending in my party.  I didn't see the email until late last night.  It said they would be sending emails today from the bio reference lab that give you times to sign up for your covid test at thr stadium

Called the ticket office today and was told that email should be coming at some point today and that the tests will be administered on Wednesday and Thursday.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Estro said:

They sent an email to me on Saturday asking for names and some personal info for those that will be attending in my party.  I didn't see the email until late last night.  It said they would be sending emails today from the bio reference lab that give you times to sign up for your covid test at thr stadium

Called the ticket office today and was told that email should be coming at some point today and that the tests will be administered on Wednesday and Thursday.

I appreciate the response, thank you!

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not sure about her math here but... sounds like won’t be the full amount of fans due to testing

Shame no one thought to allow 7700 people to sign up with 1000 being contingent based on this obvious scenario. 

42 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not sure about her math here but... sounds like won’t be the full amount of fans due to testing

Ugh.  What a nightmare.   Hopefully they are still allowed to try for Divisional Round tickets.

44 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Based on her math, let's say there are 3-4 people making these calls. That's 300-400.  Then I'll assume that there are 2 tickets for each call, 600-800 people. 

There could be single seats and groups of 4 as well but I'd guess that number is probably high but close.