WR Kenny Stills said to be visiting Buffalo (no confirmation he signed)

Rubes

1 hour ago, Buddo said:

We could just view this as another aspect of the 'continuous improvement' mantra.

Does Stills make our roster better?

Very probably.

Make the move.

Beat me to it.

Half of the problem is that we are so used to second guessing moves, we might not see the bit that is right in front of us.

While much of what has been discussed has validity, I would still say that when the decision gets made, 'does he make our roster better' will be very high on the list.

I've been thinking about this aspect a lot in a macro sense. As someone who (usually), to a detriment, questions everything, I've found myself responding to others in conversation about Bills decisions with something along the lines of, "who am I to question them at this point?"...which I get is kind of lame in this Hot Take world, but I've settled into the trust tree nicely. I am enjoying the ride, however long this lasts. 

Now, that doesn't mean we can't get into the weeds, I think that's why we're here (and I need reminding)... but I just wanted to state how weird and how foreign a feeling it is. 

For the longest time, I wanted a coach or team that did the little things. Things like finding a left footed punter because maybe it's 0.35% harder to catch the ball as a return man with it spinning the other way. And I think it is clear we have a GM/Coach tandem dedicated to that philosophy and... I don't know what to do with my hands.

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep that 4th round Rookie that some decided to trash today was leading the Receivers in TDs until Monday. Now he is 2nd place with 6. I think that is great production value from a 4th round Rookie (with very limited offseason). 

Well said. Some of these guys, especially rookies actually read these posts. Let's support these players that produce. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Why find reasons to pick apart a big physical red zone target who happens to be a rookie. He wasn't expected to be a big contributor, or #2 receiver in his 1st year. Instead of knocking this 4th rd. gem, try crediting him for being the starting wide receiver for the most prolific offense in football. Don't denigrate him by saying any success he's had is due to Dabol's play calling. That's silly. He still has to get open and catch the ball. 

He's [Edit: I'm responding to someone talking about DAVIS] also won praise for being a smart football guy who can substitute for all 3 WR roles.  He blocks well on almost every play that doesn't go to him and is heads-up - he laid the lumber on one block and held another long enough to spring Allen's long TD run up the middle against Denver which is good, alert play since that apparently wasn't a designed run.  That Denver safety is still trying to figure out what just hit him.  He fills his role of clearing guys out well when he's not the read instead of half-assing his route like I've seen Singletary do a couple of times.

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's also won praise for being a smart football guy who can substitute for all 3 WR roles.  He blocks well on almost every play that doesn't go to him and is heads-up - he laid the lumber on one block and held another long enough to spring Allen's long TD run up the middle against Denver which is good, alert play since that apparently wasn't a designed run.  That Denver safety is still trying to figure out what just hit him.  He fills his role of clearing guys out well when he's not the read instead of half-assing his route like I've seen Singletary do a couple of times.

How is this guy not on a roster yet?

Edited by Warcodered
Wrong guy didn't know it was Davis

20 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Little bit of column A, little bit of Column B.  Depth is always good in the post season but with the uncertainty of Beasley at this point, it's just a good signing to have someone else that can go just in case.

Also we signed Gary Jennings to the PS so that fills Kumerow's spot (unless they have another spot available).

I just think it's unrealistic to expect someone we just signed to be able to 1) master our said-to-be complex offense  2) fill Beasley's role which requires intense and careful mind-meld between WR and QB to avoid interceptions

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Fast guy, 4.38.  Plays about 1/3 of his snaps in the slot.

Started the season playing about 30-40% of the snaps on offense, but seems to have had some bad games with drops and saw his playing time drop

He was traded in early 19 and had 72.7% catch%.  Not outstanding but pretty good.  In 2020 I think trading away Hopkins had a big part in his lack of production. 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

LOL voodoo. Stills is home on his couch this am.

So, 😁

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I just think it's unrealistic to expect someone we just signed to be able to 1) master our said-to-be complex offense  2) fill Beasley's role which requires intense and careful mind-meld between WR and QB to avoid interceptions

I don't expect him to do either.  I expect other players (any combo of Diggs, Brown, Davis) to fill in the slot position and give Stills some easy options on the outside so he can learn what we do.  Basically just use his speed to clear up the under stuff and if he gets open then we can try to hit him.

Edited by The Wiz

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

??? if you read my post, the guy I'm responding to is talking about DAVIS, our 4th round ROOKIE

Okay that makes more sense I forgot that for some reason we're debating Gabriel Davis level of play as WR 4 in his rookie season.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's [Edit: I'm responding to someone talking about DAVIS] also won praise for being a smart football guy who can substitute for all 3 WR roles.  He blocks well on almost every play that doesn't go to him and is heads-up - he laid the lumber on one block and held another long enough to spring Allen's long TD run up the middle against Denver which is good, alert play since that apparently wasn't a designed run.  That Denver safety is still trying to figure out what just hit him.  He fills his role of clearing guys out well when he's not the read instead of half-assing his route like I've seen Singletary do a couple of times.

Great post. The guy is going to be a mainstay on this team for years.