Week 17 power rankings

Michael1962

FWIW, Pft has us as #1

1 minute ago, DrCoras said:

I know at the end of the day these rankings don't mean much, but how did we drop on ESPN after going on the road and laying a smackdown?

Was it because our opponent was a non playoff team and the Packers beat the Titans?

as some have noted here, the Bills could win a super bowl and still have nay-sayers.  That being said you are probably correct.

8 minutes ago, DrCoras said:

I know at the end of the day these rankings don't mean much, but how did we drop on ESPN after going on the road and laying a smackdown?

Was it because our opponent was a non playoff team and the Packers beat the Titans?

The Packers blew out the Titans.  The Titans blew out the Bills.  If you have to rank one ahead of the other aren't you going to put the Packers ahead of the Bills?

Not sure power rankings matter once you get past a few weeks anyway.  They are fun but once you are in the playoffs who cares about Power rankings. You either win or you go home.

Edited by BITE ME
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrCoras said:

To be fair they did put a really good smack down on Tennessee the other night 

7 minutes ago, DrCoras said:

Yeah, I was thinking that exactly.  NE is trash this year, true, but seriously... good play is good play.  It's not like we beat them 13-6 or something.

I don't put much stock into these rankings, as they really don't mean anything.  That said, these are all fair.  Given that the rankings are subjective, the Bills should be anywhere from #1-#3, and the Packers and KC should be the other two in the top 3.  That is the case with each of these.  The Packers make a case for being ahead of the Bills by their thrashing of a good Tennessee team who manhandled the Bills earlier in the season.  The Bills might get an opportunity to avenge that loss very soon and I believe they will.  This Bills team, particularly on defense, is playing much better than the one that faced the Titans last time, plus the game was on the road with a bunch of COVID-related scheduling oddities.  The next time should be a "regularly-scheduled" playoff game in the Bills stadium.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

Bills are top three in each. It’s fair. Particularly since the Packers beat the snot out of the Titans and held Henry under 100 yards while also running for over 200. Considering that the big knock on GB was “can they stop the run?” it makes sense to bump them up to #3 after they proved they could solve their biggest weakness against a playoff opponent. 

4 hours ago, DrCoras said:

Yes lol its hard to argue with 3...depending on how you define power rankings i would probably go gb at 1 buf at 2 and kc 3 in my own personal rankings.  Kc has kind of been sleepwalking recently