Week 17: Dolphins at Bills - Squish the Fish playoff hopes and dreams

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

If you agree the Milano penalty was questionable, then you are saying premeditation is a factor.  Because he hit the QB low.

No, I am not saying that at all. I say it was questionable because of the level of the hit. All I can do is repeat myself by saying intentionality is a non-factor. Again, a referee cannot read a players mind and that is the only way you can assess premeditation. Or have the player stand trial and cross examine him. All the referee can do is base his judgment on what he sees happening in front of him and not what he may or may not believe what is the mindset of the player at the time. Honestly, this seems very simple to me. Otherwise, we’re getting into a “pre-crime” scenario like in Minority Report 

1 minute ago, balln said:

i bet they just dont want to take ANY chance from his contact w yeldon. whom i dont believe came back from the covid list?

Didn't realize he was part of the contact tracing from that.  I still dont think he will be around next year.  The spot is pretty deep now and Beane is adding more.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

MVP.

15 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I'm guessing The Duke wont be here much longer.

That'd surprise me he knows the system and Covid can knock players off the 53 pretty damn quick.

Edited by Warcodered

Tua has never played in the cold. He's "seen" snow once. In Alabama. He clearly embellished when talking about one game while in high school in which he claimed it was 19 degrees and raining. In Seattle. He may have thought it felt like what he imagines 19 feels like, but the records show it wasn't even below freezing. He may not get a deep freeze Sunday, but he may find he's in the wrong division if cold turns out to be disagreeable with him.

21 minutes ago, Saudi Arabia Rob said:

Was there any word on Stihls (sp?) at all?  I know they seemed positive Tues/Weds, but didn't hear anything.

Long, time-consuming protocols since he was not currently in the league. He'd be able to join the team Tuesday or Wednesday. Zero reason to announce anytime before they have to. Don't give the next opponent any more time to prepare than we must.

26 minutes ago, scribo said:

Tua has never played in the cold. He's "seen" snow once. In Alabama. He clearly embellished when talking about one game while in high school in which he claimed it was 19 degrees and raining. In Seattle. He may have thought it felt like what he imagines 19 feels like, but the records show it wasn't even below freezing. He may not get a deep freeze Sunday, but he may find he's in the wrong division if cold turns out to be disagreeable with him.

I really don't know if this matters at the NFL level. If it affects Tua that much, he won't be a starter for long.

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I really don't know if this matters at the NFL level. If it affects Tua that much, he won't be a starter for long.

I agree but it kind of depends ... some really good QBs struggled in weather, liked Peyton manning. I’m not saying Tua will definitely struggle In the cold/rain/snow/wind, but it’s just something he’s never played in and can’t be replicated in practice. Buffalo weather, especially in that stadium’s wind tunnels, can mess with the best of QBs. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Tua is on the lower end of the league when it comes to throwing velocity and also a smaller QB so I would expect a drop off in his play in bad weather conditions IMO. How much is yet to be seen. Reliant heavily on pin point accuracy, windy, snowy conditions would not be very suitable for the rookie.

Edited by Figster

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree but it kind of depends ... some really good QBs struggled in weather, liked Peyton manning. I’m not saying Tua will definitely struggle In the cold/rain/snow/wind, but it’s just something he’s never played in and can’t be replicated in practice. Buffalo weather, especially in that stadium’s wind tunnels, can mess with the best of QBs. 

Would you rather play the Dolphins or Browns round 1?  It’s looking like the Browns because I don’t think Miami is beating our back ups.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah, cold combined with precip/wind elements is tricky. I hope it snows. Last zip checked, it's not supposed to be that windy.

Peter King wrote in his column this week about Tua:

17. I can’t pick out one throw that Tua Tagovailoa made in Las Vegas that was a big-time, winning throw, and he played all but the last 10 minutes of a must-win game.

37 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, cold combined with precip/wind elements is tricky. I hope it snows. Last zip checked, it's not supposed to be that windy.

70 percent precipitation and temps in the 30s so either snow or that lovely freezing rain. Says 1-3 inches expected. Regardless of what it says about wind in OP in general, the stadium is always more windy it seems