Jim Kelly feeling like a kid watching Josh Allen play QB(JW AP Article)

Big Turk

Great read - good that Jimbo has backed off but still remains a presence and admits that like us he is a kid again watching JA!!!  At least us "OLD" guys watching.....

Go BILLS!!!

Edited by Kwai San
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Well written? I agree it was for the most part, however, this part threw me off:

"For someone who wasn't a year old when Kelly attempted his final NFL pass, the strong-armed and fleet-footed Allen, with the boyhood looks and “awe shucks” charm is making everyone feel young again."

Wasn't a year old? His math is clearly off. Im assuming he is confusing '96 with '86. An amateurish mistake imo.

Not really.  It’s just that Josh wasn’t born until the 139th trimester.  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Well written? I agree it was for the most part, however, this part threw me off:

"For someone who wasn't a year old when Kelly attempted his final NFL pass, the strong-armed and fleet-footed Allen, with the boyhood looks and “awe shucks” charm is making everyone feel young again."

Wasn't a year old? His math is clearly off. Im assuming he is confusing '96 with '86. An amateurish mistake imo.

What?  Sure about that.

Josh was born in May 1996.  Kelly last year playing was 1996.  So it was correct, Allen wasnt a year old when Kelly attempted his last pass.  No amateurish mistake.

9 minutes ago, StHustle said:

What are you talking about?  Josh Allen was born 5/21/96 & Jim Kelly attempted his final pass on 12/30/96.  The math says Allen was a little over 7 months old, clearly that equals "wasn't a year old" 

What does 1986 have to do with anything? 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Kelly's final NFL pass came in the playoff loss to the Jags at Rich Stadium in 1996. I was there...he was knocked out with a concussion...could have heard a pin drop because we all looked at each other and wondered if we just watched the last pass he ever threw...

Turns out we were correct.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Great article by JW talking about hoe Kelly loves watching Allen play and thinks he will be breaking his own records after a few years. Also says he has mostly left him alone because he doesn't want to be a distraction to him.

https://news.yahoo.com/jim-kelly-feels-kid-watching-073209618.html

Didnt realize you thought Jim Kelly was a “hoe” 🤣

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Great article by JW talking about hoe Kelly loves watching Allen play and thinks he will be breaking his own records after a few years. Also says he has mostly left him alone because he doesn't want to be a distraction to him.

Great article by Wawrow, two thumbs up!

I love to see it because I admire Wawrow as a writer and sometime contributor to this board but wow, Wawrow on those Zoom press conferences has been a painful listen this year - he rambles and rambles and finally asks the player or coach a leading question to confirm what he's just said.  And that's AFTER he upgraded from dialing in dressed in what looked like a bathrobe over an undershirt.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

JK to JA. Gotta love it!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

What are you talking about?  Josh Allen was born 5/21/96 & Jim Kelly attempted his final pass on 12/30/96.  The math says Allen was a little over 7 months old, clearly that equals "wasn't a year old" 

What does 1986 have to do with anything? 

I was born in 86. I'd be pretty disappointed if Josh was my age and finally becoming a good QB.......

54 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Haha...oh from the stories I heard he definitely was...potentially even after he married Jill for a while.

Reminds me of this personal interaction, living in Chattanooga. I made fast friends with the bartender near my place (go figure🤷‍♂️). He related his tale of woe with an old gf who was so excited to see Jim Kelly in a rare appearance there. She was gone all night. He asked her point blank, ‘did you do it with him?’ Her reply “Hey! It’s Jim Kelly!” 🤣

They broke up but he was understanding of the moment.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Reminds me of this personal interaction, living in Chattanooga. I made fast friends with the bartender near my place (go figure🤷‍♂️). He related his tale of woe with an old gf who was so excited to see Jim Kelly in a rare appearance there. She was gone all night. He asked her point blank, ‘did you do it with him?’ Her reply “Hey! It’s Jim Kelly!” 🤣

They broke up but he was understanding of the moment.

Have heard a few others like this as well