Kansas City Chiefs @ Miami Dolphins 1PM GAME THREAD

HOUSE

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

Gailey and Fitz are made for each other. Based on what we are seeing on game day, I don’t think he could have been showing so much in practice that he haaaad to play. 

The only thing I can come up with is they wanted to see what the rookie had before next year. Tua hasn’t been terrible, he just hasn’t been good enough or shown enough with how good this defense is. Feels a lot like our TT situation. Both offenses just need more because right now they aren’t getting enough. 

What they are learning is they  should have taken Herbert.  Put Herbert on this Miami team and, as a Bills fan, I would be very concerned. 

I’m no draft expert either but Herbert looks special.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

Arm strength and reads so far favor Herbert and it’s not close. If we revisit in 3 years we will see the same thing. It will go down as a huge miss for Dolphins over time. 

I hope you're right but weapon wise it's not even close between the Fins and Chargers.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

Bill under Gailey were actually very good second half offenses. Sort of the opposite of now where Josh and Daboll come out hot and get cold. Gailey and Fitz would come out cold and leave the tunnel in the 3rd pretty hot. 

I seem to remember for the first 4 or 5 games every year we would go crazy on offense and score a bunch of points. Then in the games after that we would do OK for the first few drives and jump out to a lead, do nothing through the 2nd and 3rd quarters and the lead would evaporate into a deficit and then Fitz would try and come back in the 4th and was usually not really successful.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Absolutely.  I just feel like we're one of the few teams with a specific weapon to do so.

I’m not sure anyone can really match up defensively with Kelce. I really think you need to have the offense to outscore them and the ability to pressure mahomes consistently up the middle. 

Dolphins have had a really nice run. Darn good D and ST. O is bottom quarter of NFL. OL seems young and decent. TE very good. They need two more quality receivers and a RB1. Ton of draft capital. Future is bright. Solid coach. Those areas can be addressed.
Do they have the right QB? Big question. I say no. I will admit if Tua improves. But don’t see it. 

6 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Wonder what PFF grade on Mahomes will be today?

Was just thinking what his QBR is going to be interesting.  3INTs. 

Edited by wjag