Josh Norman investment in Buffalo

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He seems like a guy that could transfer to FS as his skills diminish.

Funny you mention this because there was a 49ers analyst on Locked on bills yesterday and he said that Richard Sherman played a little FS last week vs Rams. He’s expecting him to make they transition at some point, a la Charles Woodson. Will be interesting to see if he’s there at all this week. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I haven’t been very thrilled with his play (when he’s been able to play) except for the forced fumble in Vegas, but I have been impressed with him as a person.

I agree wholeheartedly.  

He didn't do much in DC and with his limited playing I'm not fully into this signing.  

outside of football. a whole different story. 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Maybe this, maybe something else.  I think he's too talented to stay on the sidelines.   I'd guess that McD and Frazier and their staff are looking for ways to get him on the field.  

For example, we already know that the Bills are creative on defense.  White's had two INTs this season where he's dropped his man and fallen into underneath coverage.   That's not an accident, and it isn't White freelancing.  It's by design - players are taught to recognize routes and to adjust, and it isn't just White.  When he recognizes the opportunity, his teammates also have to recognize the opportunity, because they need to adjust to cover the gap that White is leaving.  

That on-field awareness is what makes Hyde and Poyer so valuable.  It's awareness that, I think, Klein had to develop before he could do the things he's been doing. 

Norman has that kind of on-field thinking ability.  He learned it playing for McD in Carolina.   And I think before his injury he played better than most people give him credit.   I could see the intelligence in his play.  

So certainly if the Bills are in dime coverage, and maybe even nickel, they're looking for ways to get him on the field.   He's not a natural nickel back, but in the nickel, White could move to the slot man and Norman play the wideout.  Certainly in the dime.  

And yes, maybe he's a safety. 

I don't think we've seen the last of Josh Norman. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That might be, but Micah Hyde isn't planning to move over and let him drive any time soon.  And I think the general consensus is that "Dr Poyer and Mr Hyde" are a whole greater than the sum of the parts.  Bills ain't messing with that if they don't have to.

TBH I thought Dane Jackson played well enough to earn playing time over Norman if Wallace or White (avert!) are injured

I think it's possible the Bills could use him in a nickle or dime coverage package, provided that pwning by Henry is just a fluke.  We've had some struggles there.

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That might be, but Micah Hyde isn't planning to move over and let him drive any time soon.  And I think the general consensus is that "Dr Poyer and Mr Hyde" are a whole greater than the sum of the parts.  Bills ain't messing with that if they don't have to.

TBH I thought Dane Jackson played well enough to earn playing time over Norman if Wallace or White (avert!) are injured

I think it's possible the Bills could use him in a nickle or dime coverage package, provided that pwning by Henry is just a fluke.  We've had some struggles there.

I am surprised another team has nor signed Dane Jackson off practice squad.

10 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I agree wholeheartedly.  

He didn't do much in DC and with his limited playing I'm not fully into this signing.  

outside of football. a whole different story. 

Micah Hyde, when asked about it in a post practice presser, laughed and led off saying something about they laugh at Norman because he always wants to be in charge or the center of things.  Something about when they were talking about having a dinner for the room (I assume this was preseason) with catered food brought in, Norman thought he should run it (the implication was clear that's not what Hyde and the others thought).   "That's just his personality"

Hyde was quick to move on to say positive things about Norman and his efforts, of course, but at the end of the day, Norman only pledged $2,500 [edit: Yolo corrected this, $2.5k per business up to $25k] of his own money and I'm sure many other players give more in terms of resources and time and don't hold a press conference about it.  I just got the impression that Hyde thought it was a bit show-boat-y and while he praised it, he was also rolling his eyes a bit.

It's still positive so it's all good.  It wasn't like Hyde disparaged him or acted bent out of shape,  I just came away with the impression that he thought Norman was a bit LAMP-y.

9 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I am surprised another team has nor signed Dane Jackson off practice squad.

I'm sure the Bills have a plan to immediately sign him to the active roster should another team sniff around.  The contract is probably drafted and awaiting his signature and the date.

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm not surprised that his play on the field has left something to be desired.  He's played so little that when he does get on the field, he's rusty.  The question is, how do you get him playing time without jeopardizing your team's chances of winning unless it's a blowout?  We all know how often Buffalo's been involved in a blowout this season.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Micah Hyde, when asked about it in a post practice presser, laughed and led off saying something about they laugh at Norman because he always wants to be in charge or the center of things.  Something about when they were talking about having a dinner for the room (I assume this was preseason) with catered food brought in, Norman thought he should run it (the implication was clear that's not what Hyde and the others thought).   "That's just his personality"

Hyde was quick to move on to say positive things about Norman and his efforts, of course, but at the end of the day, Norman only pledged $2,500 of his own money and I'm sure many other players give more in terms of resources and time and don't hold a press conference about it.  I just got the impression that Hyde thought it was a bit show-boat-y and while he praised it, he was also rolling his eyes a bit.

It's still positive so it's all good.  It wasn't like Hyde disparaged him or acted bent out of shape,  I just came away with the impression that he thought Norman was a bit LAMP-y.

I'm sure the Bills have a plan to immediately sign him to the active roster should another team sniff around.  The contract is probably drafted and awaiting his signature and the date.

It is actually $25,000 of his own money. It’s 2,500 per business up to 25000 total that he’s doing to launch this as a seed. 

https://www.bardown.com/josh-norman-is-handing-out-money-to-small-business-owners-in-buffalo-1.1559482

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Awesome! (+1) 1