Shouldn’t Diggs be in the MVP race?

C.Biscuit97

1 hour ago, LewPort71 said:

No WR has won the Associated Press  NFL  MVP award.

Not Jerry Rice nor Randy Moss.

There have been 2 defensive players to win

and one special team player to win the MVP award.

Every other year it is a QB  or RB.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure Rice won it in 1990.

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'll join this campaign, if you join my "Fitz for Hall of Fame" campaign. Both should happen, but probably wont.

He is the greatest journeyman QB of all time.

no one ever played so poorly and at the same time so well, they started for and at some point were  benched by 8 Different teams. 

legendary! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

no one ever played so poorly and at the same time so well, they started for and at some point were  benched by 8 Different teams. 

legendary! 

I mean he is in 32nd place all-time in passing yards and currently under 1000 yards from passing Jim Kelly who is 27th (and will likely be 28th soon since Alex Smith only needs about 480 yards to pass him).  That is astonishing...

If he can play one more full season somewhere he will likely also pass Hasselback, McNabb and Esiason as well...and potentially Dave Krieg.

Also, I am sitting here stunned that Kerry Collins has over 40K yards, sits 20th and is 1 spot above Joe Montana...

Somewhat equally stunned that Collins was just passed by Flacco, who sits right above hmi at 19th all time.

Also, with a 300 yard day on Sunday, Allen will move from 223rd all time to 216, passing the likes of:

Arnie Herber

Jimmy G

Tommy Maddox

James Harris

Pete Beathard

Shaun Hill

Randy Johnson

Edited by matter2003

10 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I mean he is in 32nd place all-time in passing yards and currently under 1000 yards from passing Jim Kelly who is 27th (and will likely be 28th soon since Alex Smith only needs about 480 yards to pass him).  That is astonishing...

If he can play one more full season somewhere he will likely also pass Hasselback, McNabb and Esiason as well...and potentially Dave Krieg.

Also, I am sitting here stunned that Kerry Collins has over 40K yards, sits 20th and is 1 spot above Joe Montana...

Somewhat equally stunned that Collins was just passed by Flacco, who sits right above hmi at 19th all time.

Also, with a 300 yard day on Sunday, Allen will move from 223rd all time to 216, passing the likes of:

Arnie Herber

Jimmy G

Tommy Maddox

James Harris

Pete Beathard

Shaun Hill

Randy Johnson

It takes him on average 2 seasons to start a seasons worth of games. Maybe he plays in New England next year to complete afc east bingo. 

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Speaking of MVP.

Why is Brady all over the episode he shouldn't even be in the top 5 right now. He should be on the couch with Mayfield . I think Watson and maybe even Carr are having better seasons then Brady. Tom has played 1 more game then everyone else and is what,  5th in passing yards

..... for a second I thought they were going to total black ball Allen from the episode 

Edited by Bronxbomber21

12 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

legendary! 

I'm hoping Buffalo signs Fitz in free agency for a year or 2 till he retires a buffalo bill.

Diggs is on pace for 117 catches 1,450 yards ... would both of these be Bills franchise records?

3 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I'm hoping Buffalo signs Fitz in free agency for a year or 2 till he retires a buffalo bill.

Diggs is on pace for 117 catches 1,450 yards ... would both of these be Bills franchise records?

Yes. Moulds holds both. Receptions record is 100 set in 2002 and yardage record is 1368 set in 1998. Impressively the yardage record was set with only 67 receptions that year, an astonishing 20.4 YPC.

51 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Yes. Moulds holds both. Receptions record is 100 set in 2002 and yardage record is 1368 set in 1998. Impressively the yardage record was set with only 67 receptions that year, an astonishing 20.4 YPC.

Wow only 1 buffalo bill in history has had a 100 catch season I would've thought Reed would've had done it couple of times that's crazy ....

And 20.4 yards a catch is insane 

Edited by Bronxbomber21

13 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Wow only 1 buffalo bill in history has had a 100 catch season I would've thought Reed would've had done it couple of times that's crazy ....

And 20.4 yards a catch is insane 

Reed had 90 catches in 1994 and 88 in 1989. His only other 80+ catch season was 81 in 1991. 

He had 4 1000 yard seasons, 1,312 yards in 1989, 1,306 in 1994, 1,113 in 1991 and 1,036 in 1996.  

More than anything, Reed was incredibly consistent year to year over a long period of time.  He had 13 seasons of 50+ catches, and without being injured in 1995 season where he only played 6 games but had 24 catches, which would have put him on pace for 64 that season, would have been 14 consecutive. The only season other than the injury shortened once where he had under 739 yards was his last one in Buffalo in 1999 where he had 536 yards and his rookie year with 637.

Edited by matter2003

9 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Why is Brady all over the episode he shouldn't even be in the top 5 right now. He should be on the couch with Mayfield . I think Watson and maybe even Carr are having better seasons then Brady. Tom has played 1 more game then everyone else and is what,  5th in passing yards

..... for a second I thought they were going to total black ball Allen from the episode 

Eh, if they just keep Brady around to mock him I don't really mind.

Not even close... as good as he has been for us this year... There have been amazing WR seasons before (that Diggs will never touch) and didn't get any recognition for MVP.  Megatron, Moss, Rice, Harrison... hell even Michael Thomas a year ago... was he an MVP?