It’s official. The New York Jets legendarily suck!

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  There are 3 other jobs with franchise QBs (if you think Matt Stafford is one, that is).  The saliva has jammed-up Cowher's brain.

They have a lot of draft capital along with possibly getting the #1 pick. They have a chance to rebuild quickly like Miami if JD does well in the draft and they hire the right coach.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Look at those teams and tell me what their cap space is like. I dont want Cowher, but with the draft picks and cap space any coach would be able to form the team to their liking. 

I wouldnt leave his job for any coaching job, unless he still has the fire to coach.

I feel like any decision an in-demand potential coach makes comes down to a couple things. They are, in order:

1) The QB situation

2) How much power they have been promised

3) Ownership and GM competence

Having a lot of cap space just means you have no talent. It's a selling point, but kind of a lame one. The minute you take the job the clock starts. If you don't start winning significant games, you'll be fired within 2 to 3 seasons. So building a team from the ground up seems great, but it is also a huge risk.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

I feel like any decision an in-demand potential coach makes comes down to a couple things. They are, in order:

1) The QB situation

Having a lot of cap space just means you have no talent. It's a selling point, but kind of a lame one. The minute you take the job the clock starts. If you don't start winning significant games, you'll be fired within 2 to 3 seasons. So building a team from the ground up seems great, but it is also a huge risk.

There is a reason JD gave out a bunch of 1 year deals this past off-season, prove it deals. 

1 minute ago, Bleedingreennc said:

There is a reason JD gave out a bunch of 1 year deals this past off-season, prove it deals. 

And it also isn't a selling point to come to this division. You have the Bills and Dolphins on the upswing, and you have the GOAT coaching in NE. This division is suddenly one of the hardest to win in.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

And it also isn't a selling point to come to this division. You have the Bills and Dolphins on the upswing, and you have the GOAT coaching in NE. This division is suddenly one of the hardest to win in.

All of a sudden its not a selling point to come to the division?? Hello??!!! We just went 20 years with the Patriots dominating it, and now its one of the hardest to win in? Smh

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

It doesnt look good at all for us. As far as a coach goes, i want a new up and coming person that has a different coaching style. 

No thank you, he hasnt been in the league in years and is old school. This would be a very Jetsy thing to do, hiring someone based on past coaching. For instance, look what happened when we got Bell, i knew he wasnt going to be the back he was with Pitt, we didnt have the o-line they had.

Believe he would be more interested in an off-season consulting role with them.

He could probably not do it until regular season was over but not see any conflict with him helping with picking new staff.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

All of a sudden its not a selling point to come to the division?? Hello??!!! We just went 20 years with the Patriots dominating it, and now its one of the hardest to win in? Smh

Yes. Bill Belichick is still there.

19 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I like Lawrence, but he plays on a stacked team, how will he fair when put in a position that takes him out of his comfort zone. I do know that we have to hit on this draft and coaching hire.

Trevor Lawrence reminds me a lot of Justin Herbert.. I think that’s what kind of player you’re getting there.. I don’t think he’s the once in a generation talent that people are making him out to be but he should be really good.. He’s probably your best bet at finding a good coach.. Regardless, who wants to coach in the AFCE? Arguably one of the toughest divisions in the NFL..

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

Nope.  One WR and one CB.  That is not a Hail Mary.  Just a simple stop-and-go pattern and a deep ball.  Not every long pass is a Hail Mary.  

A Hail Mary typically has multiple WRs going into one spot forcing multiple DBs to play there as well.  It is a chaos play and a prayer.  

The Jets played man coverage with no safety help.  The QB read the blitz, stepped up in the pocket, and hit a deep bomb, for an easy and uncontested catch in the end zone.    Greggo gambled on a sack and gave up the easy long pass. 

So wait, you're saying our Hail Mary loss in AZ...wasn't?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

1) The QB situation

I think order is backwards,

Ownership and GM competence are very hard for a new OC to help on.

If GM and HC are in sync like in Buffalo it helps but I do not see their GM as competent.

Power does not do much other than 53 man roster for a coach.

If he is a veteran coach who wants GM / HC role he will be absorbing work for 2 and not good in this situation.

The QB picked, if they do not go that route and decide to trade picks for players/picks, should be someone in sync with HC and the HC needs to be involved in all steps of that pick including interviews with players they may not pick.  If they have #1 pick they do not need to worry about hiding interest unless they are open to trading #1 pick.

[Do you feel bad for Gregg Williams?]

A coaching career that started out with promise ends with him as a National laughing stock. 

The ESPN taking heads are making fun of him this morning. I kind of feel bad for the guy. 

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
so post makes sense post merge

[Do you feel bad for Gregg Williams?]

It would feel bad if he had learned from his mistakes in the past. Unfortunately, he seems to have doubled down on all of them. 

Bountygate looms large and yet the Jets have an absurd amount of PF penalties on defense. You’d think he’d clean that up?

He’s been seen as an egomaniac and does stuff that just makes it worse, he never tries to fix it. 

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
so post makes sense post merge
  • Like (+1) 1