Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bkep32

Chris Simms Top 10 Qbs

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Aaron Rodgers and his 65 rushing yards might disagree

 

sack rateūüėāūüėā

? - What I meant is that older qbs who have been elite for a while and can quickly diagnose every defense thrown at them don't have to rely on mobility like virtually every other qb in the league. Lack of mobility is a key reason why Josh Rosen is a failure.  I'm sorry I didn't mention Rodgers, but I certainly include him in that group along with Roethlisberger and to a lesser extent Rivers (whose extreme lack of mobility will kill him in the end, as it always does). 

 

As for sack rate, please explain your mocking laughs. It's a really important stat that tells you a lot about a QBs ability to quickly diagnose plays and avoid drive killing sacks. Carson Wentz's slow recognition this season and his constant inability to get rid of it quickly has led to a 9.3 percent sack rate. It is killing the Eagles this season. Also, I didn't think this needed to be relitigated because it's so obvious, but the reason that Flutie was so much more effective than Rob Johnson is that both played behind the same line, but while Flutie had a low sack rate, Johnson accumulated the highest sack rate in NFL history. Sacks kill drives--plain and simple.   

Edited by dave mcbride

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

100% disagree with the Jackson comparison when it comes to murray. Murray is a much better thrower of the football. He'll have a career in the pocket by the time his legs give out.

 

 

I agree. He can throw it. He's damn good. And a year younger than Josh. He's got a lot of developing to do.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

? - What I meant is that older qbs who have been elite for a while and can quickly diagnose every defense thrown at them don't have to rely on mobility like virtually every other qb in the league. Lack of mobility is a key reason why Josh Rosen is a failure.  I'm sorry I didn't mention Rodgers, but I certainly include him in that group along with Roethlisberger and to a lesser extent Rivers (whose extreme lack of mobility will kill him in the end, as it always does). 

 

As for sack rate, please explain your mocking laughs. It's a really important stat that tells you a lot about a QBs ability to quickly diagnose plays and avoid drive killing sacks. Carson Wentz's slow recognition this season and his constant inability to get rid of it quickly has led to a 9.3 percent sack rate. It is killing the Eagles this season. Also, I didn't think this needed to be relitigated because it's so obvious, but the reason that Flutie was so much more effective than Rob Johnson is that both played behind the same line, but while Flutie had a low sack rate, Johnson accumulated the highest sack rate in NFL history. Sacks kill drives--plain and simple.   

 

 

Agree about the re-litigation but it isn't clear that Flutie was significantly more effective than RJ. If we'd had him before he lost his arm strength he might really have been something. But we didn't. Teams could strangle Flutie-led teams as they didn't have to defend the whole field against him.

 

Neither guy was very good.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

 

 

I agree. He can throw it. He's damn good. And a year younger than Josh. He's got a lot of developing to do.

Like I said, I think he's a fine QB that is getting a lot of hype. That's the Jackson comparison I agree with, not necessarily their skillset. I think it's clear Murray is a more competent passer of the football at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Like I said, I think he's a fine QB that is getting a lot of hype. That's the Jackson comparison I agree with, not necessarily their skillset. I think it's clear Murray is a more competent passer of the football at this point.

 

 

Ah, I see. Fair enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Like I said, I think he's a fine QB that is getting a lot of hype. That's the Jackson comparison I agree with, not necessarily their skillset. I think it's clear Murray is a more competent passer of the football at this point.

Yeah, he's a much better natural passer than Jackson. People forget he was drafted #10 overall by the A's to play center field. You have to have a great arm AND be highly mobile to play CF in MLB. The best athletes in MLB are SS, 2B, and CF.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Fair, but as I've stated also, we see less long balls and completions there.

 

Just a minor quibble, that I'm watching.

 

My understanding is the opposing secondaries are taking away the deep and intermediate/deep throws, knowing that he's a guy that wants to push the ball downfield. I think he's taking a bit longer because he wants the yards, and then settles for a short pass.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

#5! Simms loves his ‚Äú Boy¬†Blue‚ÄĚ.¬†
 

Starts at the 11:40 mark and he once again absolutely SLAYS the people still pushing the inaccuracy narrative. He also, without mentioning names, killed Aikman for his slanted take on Allen earlier in the year. Loved it. 

He did mention Bradshaw by name.  Specifically how bad he was for multiple years when he entered the NFL and then improved which is what he claimed couldn't be done 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

#5! Simms loves his ‚Äú Boy¬†Blue‚ÄĚ.¬†
 

Starts at the 11:40 mark and he once again absolutely SLAYS the people still pushing the inaccuracy narrative. He also, without mentioning names, killed Aikman for his slanted take on Allen earlier in the year. Loved it. 


Aikman came around and admitted he was wrong in his belief that inaccuracy was not fixable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are underestimating how much having no threat at RB or TE is hurting our offense. There were a lot of cases where the Cardinals were able to blanket our WRs and we have no one else to attack them with. 

 

Bills desperately need a playmaker at RB or TE or both and then I think we'll see Josh take another big step forward. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:


Aikman came around and admitted he was wrong in his belief that inaccuracy was not fixable. 

before the game? because during it he wasnt very reasonable about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Process said:

People are underestimating how much having no threat at RB or TE is hurting our offense. The Cardinals for the most part blanketed our WRs and we have no one else to attack them with. 

 

Bills desperately need a playmaker at RB or TE or both and then I think we'll see Josh take another big step forward. 

right. the biggest issue is the fact that defenses dont even have to dedicate anymore than their front 4 to stop our run. they can literally play for coverage all game and still render the run game obsolete.

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:


don’t remember when. 

well before that game he admitted he was coming around and then the game happened and all bets were off..... then bradshaw came in with haymakers the whole halftime show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Process said:

People are underestimating how much having no threat at RB or TE is hurting our offense. The Cardinals for the most part blanketed our WRs and we have no one else to attack them with. 

 

Bills desperately need a playmaker at RB or TE or both and then I think we'll see Josh take another big step forward. 

Those are all obvious points but we have another weapon that (IMO) should be even more involved in this offense is Beasley , 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right. the biggest issue is the fact that defenses dont even have to dedicate anymore than their front 4 to stop our run. they can literally play for coverage all game and still render the run game obsolete.

well before that game he admitted he was coming around and then the game happened and all bets were off..... then bradshaw came in with haymakers the whole halftime show. 


here is what I found from an article of the coverage of kc game. Yeah Bradshaw still isn’t sold. Ironic given bradshaws play. 

 

 

Proving Him Wrong: Noting Allen’s improving stats this season after completing 56% in college, Aikman said the quarterback was proving his theory wrong that you can’t improve accuracy. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Putin said:

Those are all obvious points but we have another weapon that (IMO) should be even more involved in this offense is Beasley , 

He is on pace for more than 1,000 yards and the best year of his career. You can't really expect to get much more than that out of a slot, #3 WR.. 

 

It actually shows how dependent we are our on our wide outs and how vulnerable we are if teams are able to take them away. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right. the biggest issue is the fact that defenses dont even have to dedicate anymore than their front 4 to stop our run. they can literally play for coverage all game and still render the run game obsolete.

Yup and not just coverage- they can just shade everything to WRs because we have no tight end threats either. What makes Allen's season so remarkable is that it's literally the only threat we have and every team we play knows it. That's why when Brown goes down it falls apart- the entire Bills offense is Allen to wideouts and basically nothing else.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few thoughts on thing said here: 

 

1)  I recall Aikman saying that Allen had proven him wrong about improving accuracy.  I don't remember when he said it, but I didn't watch the pregame, so it had to have been during the game;

 

2) I think that most of the narrative about Allen these days is positive and many of his critics are admitting they were wrong (and they were);

 

3)  I think Allen is better than Murray, but Murray (who I'm not a fan of) is pretty good.  He's a great athlete and a very smart player who runs extremely effectively without taking hits.  His team believes in him and he makes a lot of plays.  I do think that teams will adjust and slow him down when they get more film on him, as has happened to Lamar a bit and as happened (as well as injury) to RG3 a few years back.  I'm not a fan of Oklahoma QBs in general and I think that Murray has a cockiness and arrogance to him that I find unlikeable, whereas Allen is confident, but seems like a great dude.  I also thought Murray and Kingsbury would be a major flop, but am coming around to admitting I was wrong and may have to begrudgingly admit they're pretty good.

 

4)  The Cardinals have a decent running game and had a good one vs. the Bills last week.  It made things much easier on Murray than they were on Allen.  Imagine how great Allen would be if he had ANY semblance of a running game....Right now, it's not even a credible threat and he's still doing pretty damn well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yup and not just coverage- they can just shade everything to WRs because we have no tight end threats either. What makes Allen's season so remarkable is that it's literally the only threat we have and every team we play knows it. That's why when Brown goes down it falls apart- the entire Bills offense is Allen to wideouts and basically nothing else.

People who talk about all the amazing weapons Allen now has at his disposal are delusional.  Yes, the WR group is far better than it has been, but it still lacks a consistent downfield threat, especially when Brown is hobbled.  Combine this with the fact that we have no running game and no TE to speak of, and it makes Allen's performance even more remarkable.  The Bills need to continue to add offensive weapons at every opportunity, just like the Chiefs do for Mahomes.   

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...