Go get DeAndre Baker!!

BillsMafi$

2 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

He was ranked 115th out of 116 eligible CBs by PFF.  Just because a guy was drafted in the 1st round doesn't mean he isn't immune to being terrible.

He's a rookie. You don't want a free first round pick rookie because he had a bad start to his first season?

Yikes. If you said something about his personality issues (and there are several) then I would have said sure... makes sense... but saying he is "terrible" is just ridiculous.

Edited by Rigotz
  • Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

He was ranked 115th out of 116 eligible CBs by PFF.  Just because a guy was drafted in the 1st round doesn't mean he isn't immune to being terrible.

He struggled mightily in the beginning of his rookie season,  but since you reference PFF you  might have missed this then ....

PFF NY Giants             @PFF_Giants             Dec 18, 2019

Since the Giants bye week, DeAndre Baker has the 6th best coverage grade among all qualified CB’s over the last 4 games. In this same time period, QB’s targeting Baker are completing just 26.3% of their passes, the lowest percentage targeting any CB

So he was starting to turn it around

Edited by BillsFanThru-N-Thru
  • Like (+1) 7

He was benched in his rookie season for playing with a lack of effort, the final straw play was him casually jogging after a WR en route to a 47 yard TD. Even though he was cleared of the armed robbery charges, he clearly was surrounding himself with the type of people who get caught up in that sort of thing, and that's another huge red flag.

I haven't seen him play, but based on his 40-time (4.57) & still being drafted in the first round, I have to assume he's a zone CB, I wouldn't mind Beane & Co taking a look & seeing if he's matured & has anything.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just name Dane Jackson the starter.  

5 minutes ago, ogham26 said:

id rather just see more of dane jackson.  although not sure how bad that injury was.  easily may have been a torn ACL

He came back in the game, so not a torn ACL, was also on the Bike after the injury

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Just name Dane Jackson the starter.  

He came back in the game, so not a torn ACL, was also on the Bike after the injury

ah okay great i didnt notice him come back in.  i saw him on the bike you can do that after tearing an acl so i still wasnt sure at that point the extent of the damage. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ogham26 said:

ah okay great i didnt notice him come back in.  i saw him on the bike you can do that after tearing an acl so i still wasnt sure at that point the extent of the damage. 

Well they are not putting him on the Bike with a positive torn ACL test, they are going to the locker room.  He is fine