2020 Masters

Halloween Land

Definitely will watch, just gotta etch out some time to sit in front of the TV to do that (golfing Thu, hiking Fri...so weekend is best bet). Definitely not a Phil fan, but I'm hoping DJ or Xander wins. I think someone like Tyrrell Hatton will win though. It looks like the weather is going to be ugly, so I think a Euro that's used to playing in the rain will take the Green Jacket. 

Will definitely be watching. Thankfully the Bills have the late afternoon game Sunday, unless there's a playoff the Masters will be over before kickoff. My pool picks are DeChambeau, DJ, Oosthuizen, Rahm, and Wolff. Best 4 scores win the pool, if 2 of your picks miss cut you're out. Pool is for fun, Bragging rights only.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Will definitely be watching. Thankfully the Bills have the late afternoon game Sunday, unless there's a playoff the Masters will be over before kickoff. My pool picks are DeChambeau, DJ, Oosthuizen, Rahm, and Wolff. Best 4 scores win the pool, if 2 of your picks miss cut you're out. Pool is for fun, Bragging rights only.

What website is the pool on? Or is it with friends? 

3 hours ago, Halloween Land said:

Will anyone be watching this years Masters Tournament? Any predictions? 

I would love to see Phil win but I would be shocked if he did. My top picks are Bryson Deshambeau, Patrick Cantley, Justin Thomas and Xander Schauffele.

Phil fan too, fellow lefty. Who knows, maybe he can pull one out of his ass. Or a really long shot, Fred.

The course won't look like we are used to at all, way different time of the year. It'll probably look kind of bland. I'll catch what I can before the Bills game, have to show up at work the next 3 days.

3 hours ago, LewPort71 said:

The Masters will look so different without the patrons.  

Xander and  DJ are my picks.

Different for sure, and maybe in some ways better. We were lucky enough to go on a Thursday a few years ago. I found myself wishing we’d hit a practice round instead if it meant fewer people. Every year friends in Hilton Head, SC would make the trip before the tournament started. I’m sure they got a better look at the course than when it’s more crowded. (I also suspect there was less of a draw back then.) The golf is great, but the grounds are just unbelievable. Television does NOT do it justice. 

I’ll miss the azaleas blooming. The Masters is a rite of spring, so this will be..........weird. 

Edited by Augie

3 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

I backed Patrick Reed @ 28/1.

My logic? 2020 is a giant cesspool of horror so it seems apt that the guy to win the Masters is someone that most people can't stand. 

Strangely, your logic makes sense! Eff 2020, hate to wish my life away but it can't end soon enough.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Augie said:

Different for sure, and maybe in some ways better. We were lucky enough to go on a Thursday a few years ago. I found myself wishing we’d hit a practice round instead if it meant fewer people. Every year friends in Hilton Head, SC would make the trip before the tournament started. I’m sure they got a better look at the course than when it’s more crowded. (I also suspect there was less of a draw back then.) The golf is great, but the grounds are just unbelievable. Television does NOT do it justice. 

I’ll miss the azaleas blooming. The Masters is a rite of spring, so this will be..........weird. 

In the late 1970s and early 1980s my mom and step father attended the par three tournament and they said the same thing about television.  TV does not do the grounds justice with all the beauty and all the terrain.

• Like (+1) 1

I watched a little yesterday and will continue to throughout the weekend.  Course looks incredible as always.  The fall colors don't bother me as much as the lack of "patrons."

I know the rain made it a little hard to manage but I don't like when courses, especially majors, play easy.  I am sure the course will get tougher as it dries out but I don't want the winning score to be -20.  (This was discussed in a different thread somewhere.  On a side note, I know the equipment and players are better, but I think the PGA likes it when scoring is better.  Going the way of the MLB, NFL, and NHL.)

I threw some money on Webb Simpson, Kevin Kisner, and Lanto Griffin to win.  Webb doing good so far.  

On 11/13/2020 at 2:11 PM, Seasons1992 said:

I need some wind. This is way too easy right now. Soft course, no gallery to put pressure on.

Having a half dozen guys at 10 under or better takes all the spice out of this tournament, imo.

34 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I kind of like that guys are playing well. 

I got no problem with that, but it's like there's no real element of danger out there to create tension.

I just think it makes it sort of boring; it's a lot more fun when the leaders could put up double on multiple holes, especially down that back stretch.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/12/2020 at 9:11 AM, LewPort71 said:

In the late 1970s and early 1980s my mom and step father attended the par three tournament and they said the same thing about television.  TV does not do the grounds justice with all the beauty and all the terrain.

I forget what hole it was, but the green was 90 feet above the golfer’s feet on an approach shot. That’s like hitting the ball onto the roof of a 9 story building. Television just can’t portray that adequately. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.