What happened to the running game & establishing it????

Yes tongue is firmly in cheek as this is exactly what I have been talking about & expecting from the Bills.😜

They did what I have been posting & talking about for 2+ years.  

I am a Bills fan (as per my screen name) and have gone on & on about the need for passing & offense.  I have explained I knew nothing about Allen when drafted, outside #7 & that he needed to be a Franchise QB.  I wanted trial by fire & see them not baby him.  

Maybe the best thing that happened in retrospect was that McD just couldn't let go of his Peterman love and named him the starter in 2018, because if it was a capable veteran, maybe Allen would have been held back longer.

The Bills played the 32nd ranked pass defense, who had already allowed 2-400 yard passing games against them (and only one < 300).  This was exactly what the Bills needed to do & they did it.

I said in those threads 350 & 3 TD's minimum & had the bills scoring 38+ (and Seattle in the 30's).

This is exactly what they will need to do vs. Arizona too.  

Sure more running vs. Arizona, and some better protection for Allen too, won't hurt.

Today I do give game balls to Dabol & McD, as they coached exactly like I've been wanting them to.

And before you you get all prissy, I was the one in the thread asking what you predicted the Bills would go vs. NYJ, NE, Seattle & Arizona, I said 4-0.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Why?   The Seattle backfield was ripe for the picking. 

You go for the easy fruit.  

I'm having fun with those who talk about the running game.  The Bills are fine, but their strength right now is their passing game & the 18 passes vs. NE, was playing it too close to the vest.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I'm having fun with those who talk about the running game.  The Bills are fine, but their strength right now is their passing game & the 18 passes vs. NE, was playing it too close to the vest.

Agree that you can make that argument but it worked. Seems clear to me that Daboll is designing game plans specifically against the opponents weaknesses...the ‘take what they give you’ approach. I don’t have an issue with that. 

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, TroutDog said:

Agree that you can make that argument but it worked. Seems clear to me that Daboll is designing game plans specifically against the opponents weaknesses...the ‘take what they give you’ approach. I don’t have an issue with that. 

Yes, but vs. NE it very nearly backfired as NE was driving & inside the 20 when they fumbled on the last drive.  A much closer win then should have been.

Now it is about not being over confident vs. Arizona. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No it was the game plan.

The Cheaters wanted the Bills to unleash Josh and got a good dose of the run.

The Seahags thought the Bills would run it and tried to keep Josh in the pocket and beat them with his arm....they obviously hadn't seen the tape from this year ;)

I love the fact that the coaching staff can use such diverse game plans to achieve the desired result :)

• Like (+1) 4

33 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes tongue is firmly in cheek as this is exactly what I have been talking about & expecting from the Bills.😜

I am a Bills fan (as per my screen name) and have gone on & on about the need for passing & offense.  I have explained I knew nothing about Allen when drafted, outside #7 & that he needed to be a Franchise QB.  I wanted trial by fire & see them not baby him.  

Maybe the best thing that happened in retrospect was that McD just couldn't let go of his Peterman love and named him the starter in 2018, because if it was a capable veteran, maybe Allen would have been held back longer.

The Bills played the 32nd ranked pass defense, who had already allowed 2-400 yard passing games against them (and only one < 300).  This was exactly what the Bills needed to do & they did it.

I said in those threads 350 & 3 TD's minimum & had the bills scoring 38+ (and Seattle in the 30's).

Sure more running vs. Arizona, and some better protection for Allen too, won't hurt.

Today I do give game balls to Dabol & McD, as they coached exactly like I've been wanting them to.

And before you you get all prissy, I was the one in the thread asking what you predicted the Bills would go vs. NYJ, NE, Seattle & Arizona, I said 4-0.

Please tell us more about what you think, want, or believe. It's endlessly fascinating.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Please tell us more about what you think, want, or believe. It's endlessly fascinating.  

Damn right.  Because those who jump on me & my posts, miss that I am a huge Bills fan & am pointing out issues I see, mostly on coaching, and then a game like this where they do what I have said they should.  Oh and a decisive win to boot!!!!

Yep I deserve a good pat on the back.....😜

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

No it was the game plan.

The Cheaters wanted the Bills to unleash Josh and got a good dose of the run.

The Seahags thought the Bills would run it and tried to keep Josh in the pocket and beat them with his arm....they obviously hadn't seen the tape from this year ;)

I love the fact that the coaching staff can use such diverse game plans to achieve the desired result :)

one of Pete's flaws 

• Haha (+1) 1

Agree with the OP - good job by the coaching staff planning and playing to the opponents weakness. That's evident on offense - not so clear how they are doing it on defense. More blitzing against RW, OK,  but too many times Metcalf was with only one CB and it wasn't Tre' - just don't get it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

one of Pete's flaws 

Thats my gameplan and we are sticking to it ;) 

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

It’s a good thing Seattle couldn’t stop it, hate to have a game like Tampa last night with 5 rushing attempts in a blowout loss. 

BA is as bullheaded as PC is ;) 

Brady isn't good in bad weather anymore just look at last years tape he looked finished.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

We know this is you coach!

Every time someone wants to chant about “team identity” and/or “establish the run,” I have flashbacks of all those games against the Pats where BB started the game with 15 passes and 2 runs. Then when they had a nice comfortable lead, it was suddenly run heavy just when we had compensated. It’s so awesome to have signal callers that can actually put the opponent on their heels for once. 

No one knew what the Pats identity was. They just knew they had weapons and they could unleash them at any time. Why have an identity at all? It only assists the other team’s game plan. “Be water.” - Bruce Lee

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Every time someone wants to chant about “team identity” and/or “establish the run,” I have flashbacks of all those games against the Pats where BB started the game with 15 passes and 2 runs. Then when they had a nice comfortable lead, it was suddenly run heavy just when we had compensated. It’s so awesome to have signal callers that can actually put the opponent on their heels for once. 

No one knew what the Pats identity was. They just knew they had weapons and they could unleash them at any time. Why have an identity at all? It only assists the other team’s game plan. “Be water.” - Bruce Lee

Great post.  

Now my concern is they try to get cute or overthink vs. Arizona.

• Like (+1) 1

I have to admit when i saw Seattle on the schedule i thought this is a loss especially the way the Bills & the Seahawks have been playing but they both definitely surprised me which i am very happy about .

If they (the Bills) continue to play close to what they did yesterday they will be a team very hard to stop i don't care who they play !! 

GO BILLS !! 

5 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

1. Seattle’s pass defense is worst in the league. Ripe for the picking

2. I kinda think they let Josh go out there and have a game to dedicate to his grandmother 

I was blown away to hear about Pete Carrol admitting they expected us to just run on them, when they have the worst pass D in the league?  Seems like disrespecting Allen and thinking the first 4 games were a grand fluke.  If that's the case they deserve the fat L.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1