Week 10: Bills at Cardinals

YoloinOhio

59 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Is this maybe a little extra juice for the sidelines? It is a big game. 8-2 go into the bye on a high note. Sit back, heal up, hope for a couple key losses. Come back for the stretch to try and compete for home field advantage in the playoffs. 

Yeah, I agree. I still feel like we’ll be in a good position even if we lose tomorrow but 8-2 would be awfully nice.

Go, Go Buffalo!

2 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Bills need to put up 40+ Pts to have a chance.... 

I’m thinking more like 30 points but I see what you’re getting at.

18 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Yeah, I agree. I still feel like we’ll be in a good position even if we lose tomorrow but 8-2 would be awfully nice.

Go, Go Buffalo!

I’m thinking more like 30 points but I see what you’re getting at.

Buffalo has to run the ball... effectively. Eat up the clock, but then also pass the ball. Gotta confuse there defense. But we can’t get in a shoot out with them.... this is not a good matchup right now.

If the bills can kill the clock and score TDs, great. But also contain Murray, keep him in the pocket. On the RPOs he loves to keep it, I say just always lean on him. Then rally to the RB up the middle.....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Is this maybe a little extra juice for the sidelines? It is a big game. 8-2 go into the bye on a high note. Sit back, heal up, hope for a couple key losses. Come back for the stretch to try and compete for home field advantage in the playoffs. 

I don't know.  I was wondering if it's a new part of the covid-19 protocol when game-day testing was implemented.  If a player tests positive on gameday and that player and his contacts are out of it, does the team get to elevate more PS guys?  Which, obviously, would only work if the PS guys are in town.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Buffalo has to run the ball... effectively. Eat up the clock, but then also pass the ball. Gotta confuse there defense. But we can’t get in a shoot out with them.... this is not a good matchup right now.

If the bills can kill the clock and score TDs, great. But also contain Murray, keep him in the pocket. On the RPOs he loves to keep it, I say just always lean on him. Then rally to the RB up the middle.....

What’s the reason you don’t think we could win in a shoot-out? We’ve already done it a few times this year.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

so we have to run, pass and score TDs?

3rd of 4 Out of Conference games against their best Division. We’re currently 2-0. Cards are an up & comer but they lost to Miami last week, making it more important to win today. We’re depleted (Covid-19 & injuries) and I fear a ‘run for the ‘Bye Bus’ performance McDermott alluded to in his post game locker room speech. Arizona allows fans and their real field on a transporting trolley is something to behold.

I hope so. Kyler presents uniques challenges which require spying and their WRs are excellent.

This is one of those games that will continue to enforce this is a new era for the Bills. Buffalo should win this game. Murray is the X factor for sure. He is one of a handful of players in the league who can take over a game. Unfortunately for the Cards, we got one of those too! 

Go Bills!!

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Holy hell. Bills may give up 50 points tomorrow.  Only hope is Bills offense wins TOP by 10+ minutes 

Ok honestly, had any team in the entire NFL given up 50 yet this year, despite how massively scoring is up across the league?

I think you’re overstating what not having Levi Wallace and Dean Marlowe means by a significant margin.

8 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I see what you’re doing here 🤣

On a serious note: same plan as last week—just score every time you touch the ball and you’re very unlikely to lose.

13 hours ago, njbuff said:

You think Neal can play outside, or no shot?

I think it’s Jackson and Worley on the boundary today. I’m betting Neal takes the Dean Marlowe role. If Hyde can’t go I think you’ll see Jaquan there primarily.

Looking like a lot of Cloud when they go to Cover 3 as opposed to the Sky that they like to mix in...hopefully they can be as effective in their coverage disguises as typical.

• Like (+1) 1

I was impressed that the Bills offense went from a very-run heavy game against the Pats directly to a very pass-heavy game against the Seahawk. Daboll is innovative and flexible, a dangerous combination when you're on the other side. I can see him keeping the Cardinals off balance with some new twists today, maybe bringing Dawson into the game in deep outs (and making him earn his pay finally; I bet he's desperate to prove himself). I'd say look for a lot of Singletary, Moss and designed QB runs today. I'd love to see some sweeps and screens, too, especially some more "Smoke screens." On defense, losing Wallace may be more of a plus than a minus, sorry to say. He has value as a nickel back, maybe in Tauron's role, but that's about it. Marlowe and Wallace are the real losses. Bad timing. I wonder if Jaquon Johnson will finally get his chance. He's very small but very talented. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, finn said:

I was impressed that the Bills offense went from a very-run heavy game against the Pats directly to a very pass-heavy game against the Seahawk. Daboll is innovative and flexible, a dangerous combination when you're on the other side. I can see him keeping the Cardinals off balance with some new twists today, maybe bringing Dawson into the game in deep outs (and making him earn his pay finally; I bet he's desperate to prove himself). I'd say look for a lot of Singletary, Moss and designed QB runs today. I'd love to see some sweeps and screens, too, especially some more "Smoke screens." On defense, losing Wallace may be more of a plus than a minus, sorry to say. He has value as a nickel back, maybe in Tauron's role, but that's about it. Marlowe and Wallace are the real losses. Bad timing. I wonder if Jaquon Johnson will finally get his chance. He's very small but very talented. 

Nice!

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I have a feeling Kyler is going to look very average today.

I hope you’re right. I fear a flat performance by us ahead of the Bye..

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Nice!

I hope you’re right. I fear a flat performance by us ahead of the Bye..

I just can't handle a week of "See this is why we never trust the Bills" all over the TV.

I stop watching and listening to sports for 4 days after a Bills loss... Long week at work this week, really need a win.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, TBBills said:

I just can't handle a week of "See this is why we never trust the Bills" all over the TV.

I stop watching and listening to sports for 4 days after a Bills loss... Long week at work this week, really need a win.

well, we have a history.. 🤦‍♂️

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

So what you are saying is the Bills can win if they score more points than the Cardinals.