An ugly win is better then a beautiful loss

52 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You are right. But we have a lot to fix. The nickel corner and linebacker play is brutal at the moment and the dline little better. 

An ugly borderline embarrassing W can give you a pretty good glimpse into the future. Are we probably winning 10 games and making the playoffs...Yes. Are we going deep.....No way.  Not with this team. I just don't want to see us turn into the Andy Dalton Bengels during their playoff run.

39 minutes ago, MJS said:

I didn't even think it was ugly. It was a good game. Both teams came to play. The Pats were desperate to save their season and we shut them down.

I gotta say thank you for this post.  This is the most upset I've ever been after a win in my entire life as a Bills fan.  But your post put things in perspective...I forgot that as bad as the Patriots have been this year, the mere fact that they'd lost three straight made them both a dangerous and desperate team, PLUS a division rival. They fought tooth and nail til Cam's fumble. We won, and in the end that's the most important thing...

Thanks again...I feel better now.

32 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Enjoy it now because the Dolphins will be in the division lead (for good) within the next 3 or 4 games.

They are the team that everybody though the Bills would be this year and pretty scary that they can dispatch a team like the Rams today with a rookie QB starting and not doing much. What's even scarier is they are going to get a top 5 draft pick from the Texans this year despite likely finishing with 11/12 wins.

Are you as confident in this prediction as in the one below?

"I just can't see the McClap/Allen combination winning against a Belichik team even in a down year for the Patriots. And ironically this is the Pats SB/season on the line with all the pressure being on the Bills, not vice versa.

Hoodie is always  lurking....watching....analyzing game film and breaking down every singular play of his opponents. And considering he loves to take away a team's strength it will not be good for Allen since he'll bait him into throwing at Diggs being triple covered over and over which almost resulted in multiple INT's against the Jets last week.

I think the Pats jump off to a 10+ lead early and things will go south in a hurry as the Bills abandon their gameplan....

Pats 38

Bills 16"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

This times a million.

I would have loved to destroy the Pats but honestly, this is better.  Remember alllllll the Bills/Pats games that ended in "almost" wins for us...this kind of loss for the Pats hurts more.  We are 6-2 and to have things to work on is better than being 5-3 and have things to work on.

GOOOOO BILLLLLLSSSSS!!!!!!

They were chasing us all game, they NEEDED this win and we still got it. 
We beat the Pats...... FINALLY.... for effs sake,  enjoy it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

Playoffs start early for us, Dolphins at Bills January 3rd for the Division title.  

Yup, win the AFCE and we make the post season, and really, isn’t that the goal? 
Its a whole new season after that. 

Go Bills!!!

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

They were chasing us all game, they NEEDED this win and we still got it. 
We beat the Pats...... FINALLY.... for effs sake,  enjoy it.

Exactly.  I know they were 2-4 (now 2-5 hahahaha) but they were clearly determined and locked in for this game (surprise onside kick anyone).  It feels amazing to (hopefully) drive the stake through their hearts (this being the day after Halloween and all!) and slaying the beast.  We've beat them here and there in the past but this one matters more than most.  Burying them in the standings, slaying some mental demons perhaps for McD and Allen.  You would think some jokers on here would be happier if we had lost.  It boggles the mind.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

Playoffs start early for us, Dolphins at Bills January 3rd for the Division title.  

Anything can happen. 

The Dolphins had 145 yds of offense.  25% 3rd down conversion. 8 first downs.

I don't think every team they play is going to gift-wrap them a defensive score, a ST TD, 2 fumbles and 2 INTs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Yup, win the AFCE and we make the post season, and really, isn’t that the goal? 

So, would you rather play the Titans or the Ravens in that playoff game?  

Right now, that's the most likely scenario.  And one that doesn't bode well, based on the way the defense is playing.    But yeah, we won the AFCE...

55 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Enjoy it now because the Dolphins will be in the division lead (for good) within the next 3 or 4 games.

They are the team that everybody though the Bills would be this year and pretty scary that they can dispatch a team like the Rams today with a rookie QB starting and not doing much. What's even scarier is they are going to get a top 5 draft pick from the Texans this year despite likely finishing with 11/12 wins.

And yet, we beat them already. 

I wish you'd get banned already, you're obviously a troll. 

58 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Maybe the problem is... the Bills NEVER play a beautiful game.  Win or lose.

Either the Bills play a pathetic team that we should beat by double-digits (Jets, Pats), and somehow turn it into a 4th quarter, edge of your seat, last-second pulled out of our backsides victory... OR we get our teeth smashed-in by one of the legitimate Super Bowl contenders (Titans, Chiefs).  Can you name even one game in the past 3 years, where the Bills have been impressive across the board?  Every game we look absolutely terrible in some area.

I've been on the same side of the argument as you, saying "a win is a win" and fans shouldn't be complaining.  But the bar has been raised on my expectations.  I'm not going to just be happy with wins against bad teams.  I said before the season, the Bills absolutely MUST win a playoff game this year, or this season will ultimately be a failure in my eyes.  And right now, I would consider our chances 50-50 against even the lowest Wild Card contenders in the AFC like the Browns, Colts or Raiders.  

Dude, your doing the self inflicted wounds mentality, the post season is the primary goal, if that doesn’t happen there is no use worrying about beating anyone in the playoffs is there ? 

in all reality, we need to win 6 games to make the playoffs annually, now that’s not my cups tea, but we are riddled with injured players this year, and have a markedly harder schedule, so how ever we make the playoffs this year I’ll be happy, hell we might even get some guys healthy in the mean time and make a run, so cheer TFU 😁👍 and take the wins however they happen.

Go Bills!!!

22 minutes ago, Lurker said:

So, would you rather play the Titans or the Ravens in that playoff game?  

Right now, that's the most likely scenario.  And one that doesn't bode well, based on the way the defense is playing.    But yeah, we won the AFCE...

Ravens or Titans we can beat them both, if the gods are smiling, 

2 hours ago, MJS said:

The dolphins had a super fluky game today. Multiple defensive scores and a punt return for a TD. Can't count on that every week.

Tua's stat line line was amazing...HOF bound after his first game ;) 

12-22 for 93yds 1TD       2 rushes for zero yds

I guess we wait until next week for his first 100yd passing game ;) 

4 hours ago, Lfod said:

When the entire team decides to click at the same time, they will destroy any team they play. Very streaky on again off again type feel to this team right now. 

They always seem to play to the level of competition, and I feel like they settle instead of going beyond. I don't know why it can't all seem to come together but man if it did...

The team has some very sloppy moments and the record is still sweet. 

Good call. Halfway through the 4th Q I remember thinking what a heck of a team this would be all-time for our franchise, if our D played like last year with this year’s O. That said, I still think we can kick it into a higher gear with this D, so it doesn’t always need to feel like it’s all on our O’s shoulder...

Who in their right mind expected anything to be pretty in those conditions today against a team in our division that has owned us for 20 years and who's season is on the line?

Who?  What planet are you from?  Was this my predicted post game narrative on WGR?  That it wouldn't be "impressive" enough?  

Ridiculous.  Sit back and enjoy the ride we're on our way to a division title let's freaking go....