Gameday Thread Week 7 PreGame Bills @ Jets

Chandler#81

9 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

As fans, is there even anything to get excited about this game?

I almost feel that any mistake, blunder, or poor throw the team makes will be magnified because it’s against the crappy Jets...On the flip side, any positive thing the Bills do will be downplayed because it’s against the crappy Jets...

God, help us all...lol

well that’s depressing.

• Haha (+1) 1

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/buffalo/sports/2020/10/23/bills-jets-week-7-preview

Not an insightful article per se, but a good summation of various sound bites from player interviews throughout the week.

He's not hopeful about Milano:

"Milano has looked the same at practice this week as I have seen the past few when he was ultimately inactive. It is truly a wait and see with him."

That said, especially on a short week with at least one fieldhouse practice, the Bills don't allow much media access to practice.

Injury Report

BILLS

OUT: WR John Brown (knee), G Cody Ford (knee), CB Josh Norman (hamstring), LB Tyrel Dodson (hamstring), TE Dawson Knox (calf/COVID)

QUESTIONABLE: CB Tre'Davious White (back), LB Matt Milano (pec), CB Cam Lewis (wrist)

JETS

DOUBTFUL: WR Jamison Crowder (groin), K Sam Ficken (groin), OL Alex Lewis (shoulder)

QUESTIONABLE: T Mekhi Becton (shoulder), QB Sam Darnold (shoulder), OL Chuma Edoga (calf), OL George Fant (knee)

Bills and Jets set to kick things off from MetLife Stadium Sunday at 1pm.

9 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I almost feel that any mistake, blunder, or poor throw the team makes will be magnified because it’s against the crappy Jets...On the flip side, any positive thing the Bills do will be downplayed because it’s against the crappy Jets...

God, help us all...lol

Tbh, all our injuries, combined with the Jets getting healthier (minus Crowder) has made this game more interesting for me.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Inactives  out yet?

for future reference, teams declare inactives 1:30 before kickoff

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And then he said, “Throw it away!!”

And I was all, like, “Nah, hold my beer!”

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

25 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

God, help us all...lol

Well...as a fan, it doesn't escape me that our coaches have almost used the last 2 games as preseason games on DL.  They brought in 2 new players last week.  They were trying out different combinations at different positions, almost like a systematic experiment.  And, if you read the all-22 reviews put out by Joe B, they had some results to their experiments:

https://theathletic.com/2142664/2020/10/16/jerry-hughes-easily-the-bills-best-pass-rusher-and-more-all-22-film-takeaways/?redirected=1

https://theathletic.com/2154752/2020/10/22/bills-chiefs-tremaine-edmunds/

It sounds as though the Bills should try out a DL of Hughes-Oliver(3T)-Zimmer(1T)-Addison?

But there may be subtleties the coaches get.

We'll get some read when we see the inactives list.

Our coaches and players have certainly been working overtime to give the Jets 0 bulletin board material and much respect

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

11:30

“Don’t worry Sam, you can come back me up in Buffalo“

”wow, that’d be great. I’d hate for my career as an nfl QB to end so soon.”

”oh.... yeah.... this is awkward. I meant, actually back me up. Like, I need someone to stand at my parking spot and help make sure I back my car in straight...”

Edited by whatdrought
  • Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

“Don’t worry Sam, you can come back me up in Buffalo“

”wow, that’d be great. I’d hate for my career as an nfl QB to end so soon.”

”oh.... yeah.... this is awkward. I meant, actually back me up. Like, I need someone to stand at my parking spot and help make sure I back my car in straight...”

100% guarantee "nah"

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The absence of John Brown makes for tougher sledding in the passing game for Diggs—maybe our backs will be featured more today in pass-catching? 

Let's hope when Singletary signals he's gonna run a wheel, he actually does so and doesn't go into the flat

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Hmmmm...... Interesting photo as always thought teams  "dressed up" when traveling for road games??  Seems like you'd see players arriving in suit and tie.

They haven’t done that this year ... they wear whatever they want 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The absence of John Brown makes for tougher sledding in the passing game for Diggs—maybe our backs will be featured more today in pass-catching? 

Of all the positions on this team WR depth seems to be the best.  While Brown is certainly a very good player, if we can't overcome the loss of Brown, we're in even more trouble than we realize.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Hmmmm...... Interesting photo as always thought teams  "dressed up" when traveling for road games??  Seems like you'd see players arriving in suit and tie.

Think of it like most people wearing dress shirts and pj bottoms for zoom these days, except the players averaged out the formality.