Week 7: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

I actually think the Jets are going to play well on Sunday. 

Reasons being:

1) Getting healthier-Mims and Darnold are practicing 

2) They typically play much better at home than on the road 

3) They haven’t hit a big play all year. I think maybe if they can connect on a long pass or break a long run that could get the offense going. 

The Jets are not a good team, but I don’t think they are 0-16 bad. I definitely see them winning 2-4 games. 

16 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Reasons being:

3) They haven’t hit a big play all year. I think maybe if they can connect on a long pass or break a long run that could get the offense going. 

The Jets are not a good team, but I don’t think they are 0-16 bad. I definitely see them winning 2-4 games. 

If you think this Jets team has the talent to stay within 10 points of any of their opponents, then I don't know what to tell you.

They couldn't beat a 90th string QB at home. What does that tell you?

Also, why would you want the Jets to spoil their opportunity to get Lawrence.

Unlike Manning, I think Lawrence will take on the challenge of trying to bring a downtrodden franchise from the depths of hell that is the Jets.

28 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Reasons being:

The Jets are simply bad - and thankfully I have not had to suffer through watching very much of the "football" that the team has subjected the world to this season. However, it is not true that the Jets have not hit a big play all year - I remember seeing Jamison Crowder take one to the house against the Bills on opening day: that was a big play. The Jets though, are so bad, that even if they hit another big play on Sunday (or even two of them) - those plays will likely be overwhelmed by the rest of their bungling play. The Jets are just so bad - they might squeak out a win somewhere (0-16 is hard to do) - but it will likely be because their opponent that week gave the game away. Let's hope the Bills are not that "generous" opponent this week.

3 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

The Jets are simply bad - and thankfully I have not had to suffer through watching very much of the "football" that the team has subjected the world to this season. However, it is not true that the Jets have not hit a big play all year - I remember seeing Jamison Crowder take one to the house against the Bills on opening day: that was a big play. The Jets though, are so bad, that even if they hit another big play on Sunday (or even two of them) - those plays will likely be overwhelmed by the rest of their bungling play. The Jets are just so bad - they might squeak out a win somewhere (0-16 is hard to do) - but it will likely be because their opponent that week gave the game away. Let's hope the Bills are not that "generous" opponent this week.

Coming off two losses in a row I doubt the Bills overlook anyone.

2 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Yes, the Bills were awfully bad back in the mid 80s but still managed to go 2-14 both in ‘84 and ‘85.

42 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Reasons being:

Crowder?

I hope folks are not using this game as any kind of gauge on the direction this team is going after having their asses pretty much handed to them the last two weeks?

one would expect them to manhandle a weak dysfunctional jets team, yet you never know week to week in this league?

if they win, for myself, it doesn't really do anything for my outlook when they have yet to hang with the real contenders. until I see them handle a real contender, like say a seattle team or the steelers or even a pats team of which they have failed to beat in forever, I'm not convinced they're heading in the right direction yet?

if I see that they are able to hang in the upcoming games, I may start to believe they're truly on the rise.

if they find a way to lose sunday, oh my how that would be the dagger in what has been just under a half of a season?

Edited by A Firm Tree Does Not Fear
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

I hope folks are not using this game as any kind of gauge on the direction this team is going after having their asses pretty much handed to them the last two weeks?

one would expect them to manhandle a weak dysfunctional jets team, yet you never know week to week in this league?

if they win, for myself, it doesn't really do anything for my outlook when they have yet to hang with the real contenders. until I see them handle a real contender, like say a seattle team or the steelers or even a pats team of which they have failed to beat in forever, I'm not convinced they're heading in the right direction yet?

if I see that they are able to hang in the upcoming games, I may start to believe they're truly on the rise.

if they find a way to lose sunday, oh my how that would be the dagger in what has been just under a half of a season?

Well they did beat LA and they are a solid contender in the NFC but your point is well taken. This team needs to show up against the AFC's top contenders (Chiefs, Titans, Steelers, Ravens) and so far they are 0 for 2. We will see what happens when they play Pitt later in the season.

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

What is more likely? Bills crush a weak opponent or Bills let an inferior opponent hang around all game and it’s still close in the 4th quarter? 

Have they played a weak opponent yet this year?

If so, what happened?

15 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Well they did beat LA and they are a solid contender in the NFC but your point is well taken. This team needs to show up against the AFC's top contenders (Chiefs, Titans, Steelers, Ravens) and so far they are 0 for 2. We will see what happens when they play Pitt later in the season.

indeed they are yet I'm looking to the future where they will meet several solid contenders. the rams win was nice to add to the win column but it will be the pats, steelers and the dolphins (not solid but a afce team they need to beat for division implications? as well as needing the conference wins against steelers, chargers and broncos) as well as the 3 remaining nfc west teams who all look to be pretty decent. chargers and broncos I'm not real concerned about, yet the broncos seem to have a pretty stout defense.

with the offense looking totally out of sink last week and a defense that can't stop a nose bleed, my concerns seem pretty legit at this juncture?

Edited by A Firm Tree Does Not Fear

28 minutes ago, Greg S said:

speaking of a team thats played basically nobody all year.... Its funny how there are certain teams that the SOS argument never pops up for. I'd bet a LARGE sum of money the Steelers wouldnt be undefeated with our schedule. I'd also be confident in saying we could be 5-0 with theirs. Although the browns run game would give us absolute fits..... I will admit the Pitt looks like arguably the most complete team in the league right now though. 

22 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Have they played a weak opponent yet this year?

If so, what happened?

i cant think of a harder schedule than what buffalo has dealt with up to this point. We get a brief one week break here and then it ramps right back up again. Just a freaking gauntlet 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

speaking of a team thats played basically nobody all year.... Its funny how there are certain teams that the SOS argument never pops up for. I'd bet a LARGE sum of money the Steelers wouldnt be undefeated with our schedule. I'd also be confident in saying we could be 5-0 with theirs..... I will admit the Pitt looks like arguably the most complete team in the league right now. 

i cant think of a harder schedule than what buffalo has dealt with up to this point. We get a brief one week break here and then it ramps right back up again. Just a freaking gauntlet 

We will find out about the Steelers this week. If the Bills game becomes a blowout I will probably switch over to the Steelers-Titans game.  5-0 vs 5-0 is a must see game. I wish this was a 4:25 start instead of 1:00.

1 hour ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

I forgot the Raiders arent any good. The Rams are basically close to having a top 3 draft pick, and that we were down 6 points with 6 minutes to play last week against the Super Bowl champs. Yea. We haven't been able to play with any good teams this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PaattMaann said:

I forgot the Raiders arent any good. The Rams are basically close to having a top 3 draft pick, and that we were down 6 points with 6 minutes to play last week against the Super Bowl champs. Yea. We haven't been able to play with any good teams this season. 

yeah, we're obviously not watching the same games. that's pretty clear.

1 minute ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

that's on you. I can see good, with or without glasses.

We have won or had a chance to win every game we have played this season except the Titans (lots going on that week/every team lays an egg/I think it could just be an outlier). There is literally no disputing that fact. You may not look how we looked in any, some or all of those games, but that is a fact. Thats what I want from my team. I dont know how you can expect anything different. The NFL is a difficult, week to week league. 

Is there reason to be concerned about how we have looked at times in certain areas of our team? Absolutely. Can you say that about literally every NFL team? Absolutely. 

4 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

We have won or had a chance to win every game we have played this season except the Titans (lots going on that week/every team lays an egg/I think it could just be an outlier). There is literally no disputing that fact. You may not look how we looked in any, some or all of those games, but that is a fact. Thats what I want from my team. I dont know how you can expect anything different. The NFL is a difficult, week to week league. 

Is there reason to be concerned about how we have looked at times in certain areas of our team? Absolutely. Can you say that about literally every NFL team? Absolutely. 

The Bills are probably somewhere in the middle from the first four games and the last two. Fans (myself included) tend to get overly excited when things are going really well (4-0 start) and then gloom and doom when they aren't (last 2 games). The Bills are a good team but they are not on the level of the Chiefs, Titans, Steelers, and Ravens yet.