Week 7: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We did see a lack of composure by Josh during the Rams game and he acknowledged it and has got it together since.

Have there been more tweets from Spain other than the deleted "if you knew the reason" thing?

...nothing I've seen other than the Beane explanation.....plenty of posts here looking forward to Spain's return..what did he do in your assessment to be demoted from his starting position?........

Beane explanation

‘“It’s hard when you’re not a starter, in fairness to him,” Bills general manager Brandon Beane said. “There’s no blame to go around. Quinton Spain’s a good guy, a good person. He didn’t see this. You never know how things are going to work out when you put a roster together. Every team’s a new team. Nothing happened. There’s no one thing like, this happened and the dam broke and all the water went out. It’s just, we decided at the end of the day, being today, that he would be happier having a chance to start. And so we just gave him that freedom and wish him nothing but the best.”’

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just a feeling I get watching them play and little stuff like the tweets from Spain, this one from Ford, really uncharacteristic lack of discipline and composure with the late hits out of bounds by Tre and Poyer. These are supposed to be the leaders. They look like a totally different team than we saw in Vegas. A 2 week hangover is a bit much even from Vegas. Something just feels real off to me. 

could it be the 21st century version of the "bickering bills"?

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

YIKES.  I hope he means something else than the guards/center "picking sides". 

That would be hella dirty laundry to throw out of the locker room. 

Bad look by Cody Ford if so.

The Ford quote is a lyric from a Meek Mill song.

I can obviously see why Ford posting THAT line would raise some eyebrows -- particularly with Spain "liking" the Tweet.

It seems crazy to me that an o-line with Dion Dawkins and Mitch Morse would be bickering/dysfunctional. Both are good guys and, by all appearances, good leaders. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

It may not be Gase but rather the GM who wants him out there. He still needs to evaluate him, if he’s healthy he should play. I think their offense could look decent with all 3 top WRs, Becton back at LT maybe Perine can add something. Bills fans will hate it but this is probably going to be a game that won’t erase all the negativity. We have a ton of injuries. 

This.  

Funny that the undefeated titans didn’t worry too many bills fans...wait til tre, Milano and smoke sit vs the jets.  Oh man.  Josh, Diggs and Beasley better be dam good on Sunday.  They’re gonna earn their money this week if we win. 

our lack of a running game allows any and every opposing DC to win the game vs us.  And when JBrown isn’t out there, our offense hasn’t shown to be effective.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I can obviously see why Ford posting THAT line would raise some eyebrows -- particularly with Spain "liking" the Tweet.

It seems crazy to me that an o-line with Dion Dawkins and Mitch Morse would be bickering/dysfunctional. Both are good guys and, by all appearances, good leaders. 

Hopefully just a song lyric. 

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

YIKES.  I hope he means something else than the guards/center "picking sides". 

That would be hella dirty laundry to throw out of the locker room. 

Bad look by Cody Ford if so.

I have zero patience for marginal players becoming distractions.  

If Ford wants to tweet out ambiguously sketch tweets, he needs to start playing better.  

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Logic said:

Tony Story 2, yeah.

And two of the tweets Spain made were Beanie Sigel lyrics

One can't help thinking that the lyrics are telling a story to them

I would be surprised if there isn't a lot of tension on the Bills OL at present, especially at the guard position.

Dawkins Morse and Williams seem set.

But Spain lost his starting job, Ford lost his guard gig and moved into Spain's job, and all 5 of them are under intense scrutiny because we can't run the ball against 7.

There has to be a lot of pressure from McDermott onto Daboll and from Daboll onto the OL coaches and from the OL coaches onto the guys in the trenches

Ford and Winters playing hurt and Spain getting cut regardless can't help

I'm sure guys have opinions about that and their opinions may differ.

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hopefully just a song lyric. 

It's not exactly the song lyric.

20 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I have zero patience for marginal players becoming distractions. 

If Ford wants to tweet out ambiguously sketch tweets, he needs to start playing better.  

He needs to heal up in order to get that chance.

All this talk about Jets having their WRs for the first time this season... Crowder popped up on the injury report yesterday with a new groin injury was limited yesterday and OUT of practice today. I don’t think he’s a lock to play at all, and he’s the most dangerous WR they’ve got...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just a feeling I get watching them play and little stuff like the tweets from Spain, this one from Ford, really uncharacteristic lack of discipline and composure with the late hits out of bounds by Tre and Poyer. These are supposed to be the leaders. They look like a totally different team than we saw in Vegas. A 2 week hangover is a bit much even from Vegas. Something just feels real off to me. 

The Tre and Poyer hits are surely frustration and the whole D has to feel embarrassed.  

If the O can get back on track I would think the Spain stuff will blow over.

Wins cure a lot of things and losses bring them out.  I really believe the team has high expectations for this year and those 2 Ls hurt them bad.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The Tre and Poyer hits are surely frustration and the whole D has to feel embarrassed.  

If the O can get back on track I would think the Spain stuff will blow over.

Wins cure a lot of things and losses bring them out.  I really believe the team has high expectations for this year and those 2 Ls hurt them bad.

Vitamin W is a helluva drug for sure

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

What’s the deal with Milano? We need this guy back. Jets or not, we are not the same without him. He makes a huge difference 

Overly cautious I'd guess. Pec tears can quickly go from a minor rip to a tear in the fabric of the universe if they aren't careful. 

Definitely a lack of discipline the last two weeks.  I am looking at the high number of pre-snap penalties in Nashville and the roughing penalties last week.  

Gabriel #13 misses many blocks and the Dline is playing like they are in three feet of water.  Besides getting blown up the DLine does not chase run plays down the line or from behind.  97 Old Addison just stands there and watches guys run by a few yards away.  

Not sure what is wrong with the OL and won't guess, but they are not playing well.  

I think the Jets game is going to be a struggle.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...nothing I've seen other than the Beane explanation.....plenty of posts here looking forward to Spain's return..what did he do in your assessment to be demoted from his starting position?........

My understanding was poor play in pass protection vs. Miami

21 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

What’s the deal with Milano? We need this guy back. Jets or not, we are not the same without him. He makes a huge difference 

I think 2-3 weeks for a pec strain (partly torn muscle) is pretty standard

If they thought he was gonna be out 3 games they probably would have IR'd him

5 minutes ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

could it be the 21st century version of the "bickering bills"?

With two average at best guards?

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Vitamin W is a helluva drug for sure

This board has been brutal until we get that W on Sunday (fingers crossed).

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Haven’t done my weekly “We’re due for a defensive td” post yet......

So.... we’re due for a big defensive td this week. Been since December of 17

approaching 40 games  Telling stat for the lack of aggression from this defense scheme wise