Jets have presumptive positive test, have sent players and coaches home (update - False positive)

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please narrowly restrict discussion in this thread to the NFL, NFL policies etc.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

I feel like we are going to see more of this type of thing, and soon.

I wonder if the season is going to get shut down for a week or 2, restructured, and then re-started in "bubbles" like they did with the NHL or something similar.  

Presumably there would be a ton of player opt-outs, but it still might be the path they take.

15 minutes ago, spartacus said:

at some point, the NFL will realize the need to just treat the sick and play on

That is the best way I can think of to spread covid through the entire league, and quickly.

49 minutes ago, spartacus said:

at some point, the NFL will realize the need to just treat the sick and play on

This will obviously come off as insensitive, but the fact is that most of these players seem to not even know they have it, and the ones that do, seem to have cold symptoms and that’s it.  

Of course there’s a Von Miller, but that seems to be an outlier.  

NFL has to be vigilant and responsible, so we’ll continue this charade throughout the season, but if COVID wasn’t a “thing”, none of these players would have missed any games. 

Just a strange, strange time...

Edited by SCBills

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep

Everything is going smoothly with two exceptions: 

1- the Titans- ***** them. 

2- there seems to be some inconsistencies on what the reaction is to isolated tests. We saw Atlanta play quickly after a +, but NE has had two games postponed due to isolated +‘s and I’m not entirely sure what the distinction is? Maybe I’m missing it.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

2- there seems to be some inconsistencies on what the reaction is to isolated tests. We saw Atlanta play quickly after a +, but NE has had two games postponed due to isolated +‘s and I’m not entirely sure what the distinction is? Maybe I’m missing it.

The distinction was Atlanta was playing at home and NE had to travel. They had to run another round of tests before putting team on a plane, thus the day delay. They put close contacts of cam on a separate plane. 

this week, I think the delay was due to practice time for Pats 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think the # of +'s is the key. One? You shove him in a closet for a week and move on. Two or more? That's possible proof of spreading.