I'm so excited for the Chiefs & Bills on TNF

Scorp83

I'm 38yrs old, I've been a Bills fans since 1988... I've been tarnished by this team so much, I'm almost lost for words on this message board these past few weeks. I'm excited but don't want to get too excited 😄.

But being born & raised in Philly, I remember when Derm was brought in as an intern with the Eagles. No NFL experience whatsoever. This is the sort of thing Philly sports radio talks about 😄.  For those that don't know, Derm was taken the wing of the great Jim Johnson, who had decades of experience. 

When Jim passed away, Derm was promoted to DC, he's the reason that secondary B-Hawk, Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor, was the best in the league. Go figure...look at our Secondary. He was inexperienced, ended up getting fired after 2 yrs & I remember Andy being emotional when he announced it. He had this kid since in his early 20's, grooming him. But, in Philly Jim Johnson is Legendary & those were big shoes to fill.

Til' this day, there's literally NOBODY that's running Jim Johnson's defense except McDermott!!!  I have people stopping me everyday when they see my Bills gear & say "Man Jeff Laurie hired McDermott over Doug Peterson just because of Jim Johnson's legacy"

There was a post game comment, after we've hired Derm, with Andy saying "He got emotional watching one of his best friend's legacy, still live on in this league through McDermott".  

This Bills vs Chiefs is going to have alot of emotions running high for both these men! Jim Johnson's D vs Andy Reid's Offense, just like back in the day, during they're practices with the Eagles. 

These 2 are closes friends still... I can't wait to see this one.

I just wanted to share my excitement for that game 😎😁... not trying to overlook the Titans...but we might not play them giving the fact they allegedly broke protocol. 

Go Bills people! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Titans shot themselves in the foot.  Gilmore mighta shot Mahomes in the foot......who knows about any games going forward??

How can these guys be soooooooo stoopid????  Makes me wanna SCREAM!

Go BILLS!!!

PS.  As Marv said - don't be dumb - don't be dirty.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

This is like an early super bowl for me anyways. Offense is firing at will, defense been suspect. Now to take on the golden boy and the new NFL powerhouse. We always joke about statement games but beating that chief team at full strength mostly is a huge statement. I don’t have high hopes to beat them, but I generally never get too confident in beating anyone. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

I'm 38yrs old, I've been a Bills fans since 1988... I've been tarnished by this team so much, I'm almost lost for words on this message board these past few weeks. I'm excited but don't want to get too excited 😄.

But being born & raised in Philly, I remember when Derm was brought in as an intern with the Eagles. No NFL experience whatsoever. This is the sort of thing Philly sports radio talks about 😄.  For those that don't know, Derm was taken the wing of the great Jim Johnson, who had decades of experience. 

When Jim passed away, Derm was promoted to DC, he's the reason that secondary B-Hawk, Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor, was the best in the league. Go figure...look at our Secondary. He was inexperienced, ended up getting fired after 2 yrs & I remember Andy being emotional when he announced it. He had this kid since in his early 20's, grooming him. But, in Philly Jim Johnson is Legendary & those were big shoes to fill.

Til' this day, there's literally NOBODY that's running Jim Johnson's defense except McDermott!!!  I have people stopping me everyday when they see my Bills gear & say "Man Jeff Laurie hired McDermott over Doug Peterson just because of Jim Johnson's legacy"

There was a post game comment, after we've hired Derm, with Andy saying "He got emotional watching one of his best friend's legacy, still live on in this league through McDermott".  

This Bills vs Chiefs is going to have alot of emotions running high for both these men! Jim Johnson's D vs Andy Reid's Offense, just like back in the day, during they're practices with the Eagles. 

These 2 are closes friends still... I can't wait to see this one.

I just wanted to share my excitement for that game 😎😁... not trying to overlook the Titans...but we might not play them giving the fact they allegedly broke protocol. 

Go Bills people! 

Ron Rivera and Leslie Frazier are both Jim Johnson disciples and run variations of his defense

We have Frazier and McDermott together which is terrific

31 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I remember once during the good Super Bowl years Bills era they had a big prime time showdown vs the chiefs. I feel like they got their teeth kicked in. 

Look forward to this going the other way 

4pm, perhaps?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199311280kan.htm

My season ticket rep called me this morning. I got real excited when I saw the number pop up. I thought for sure she was going to ask me if I wanted tickets to the Chiefs game. She didn’t. She just wanted to know if I had any questions, which she didn’t really have any answers for me for the questions I had. I’m over this *****

• Haha (+1) 1

I’d be MUCH more excited for the Thursday night game if it was a normal year and there would be 73k screaming fans in the stadium. Huge difference in electricity this season with no fans, definitely is taking away a lot of the excitement of the Bills accomplishments on the field this year.