Reasons why I should vote for Biden.....

55 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

Well, in the last two decades the Democrats held sway in numerous cities, states and nationally over long periods of time and what happened, other than strengthening their own baliwicks, ....crickets....

gdp-by-president---6.22.16-homefeaturedl

4 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Job_Growth_and_Presidential_Party_160516

Edited by Backintheday544

Reasons you should vote for Biden:

1) You’re an idiot

2) You prefer Biden to be in a known location with cameras on him in order to protect young girls

3) You were one of the 2% of Democrats that liked Harris

4) You believe more young black men should be in jail

5) You strongly support China 

6) You are a terrible person that likes to watch the elderly slip into dementia 

7) You aren’t black

8 ) You don’t know what your positions are on  important subjects either

9) You don’t prefer peace in the Middle East

10) Trump kicked your puppy

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, TBBills said:

It stopped b.c no one gave a ***** about it

It's either that or an exact copy who has shown to do nothing for the past 4 years....

Like I said the next 4 years are going to be the worst for this country. Doesn't matter who is president

You are just an ignorant clown who wants an argument if you believe this, and if you truly believe this, it shows you know nothing about what has gone on the last 4 years and if that's true why are you even hear commenting? Ahhh it just goes back to the argument point of orange man bad! Troll!

22 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

See Doc's post.  Then, please post the employment figures for minorities per Adminnistrations.

You can see those figures here: https://www.npr.org/2018/01/08/576552028/fact-check-trump-touts-low-unemployment-rates-for-african-americans-hispanics

They hold pretty constant that as the economy is better unemployment for minority groups decrease. Since unemployment has generally been less during Democratic adminstrations, it's been better under Democratic Presidents.

1 hour ago, Big Gun said:

You are just an ignorant clown who wants an argument if you believe this, and if you truly believe this, it shows you know nothing about what has gone on the last 4 years and if that's true why are you even hear commenting? Ahhh it just goes back to the argument point of orange man bad! Troll!

...here's a pretty quick litmus test......Trump has been in office for 47 months......so if you pose these two questions

1. What has Trump done RIGHT in 47 months?

2. What has Trump done WRONG in 47 months?

...and the answers are....

1. NOTHING

2. EVERYTHING

...those respondents are easily invalidated IMO as pundits who have ZERO interest in constructive dialogue or debate......hatred, foment and vitriol have replaced any type of sanity, respect or dignity....there ONCE WAS A DAY.....but now, this society is sinking fast.........

11 hours ago, snafu said:

None of what I said was about Trump’s achievements or lack thereof, or intended to be so.  None of it. 

And you actually add to my point.  At least Trump, and every other candidate for President I’ve ever seen, has said what they would do in office. Whether they got their platform accomplished is not the issue.  I’m talking about going into office with a clear picture of what a President wants to do. I’m talking about voters agreeing with those policies and voting because of those policies.

Without that — and coupled with “he’s not that guy”, I’m asking whether Biden actually has a mandate to govern?  I say he wouldn’t. I also recognize that voters like you don’t seem to be bothered by this. 

So now you're trying to imply Biden doesn't have a platform?  Maybe you're upset you didn't get to hear him say anything about policy or platform in the debate.  Blame your President who couldn't shut up.  But yes, Biden does have a plan you could find very easily:

Plenty of details right here:

https://joebiden.com/joes-vision/#

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

It was in  private messages, not on the open board.

You sure?  I'm not seeing it.

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So now you're trying to imply Biden doesn't have a platform?  Maybe you're upset you didn't get to hear him say anything about policy or platform in the debate.  Blame your President who couldn't shut up.  But yes, Biden does have a plan you could find very easily:

Plenty of details right here:

https://joebiden.com/joes-vision/#

Honest question: why do you support Biden?  I'm looking for an answer that is something other than "He's against Trump".  And if you have answered this question previously somewhere, you can point me there, because I'm not trying to troll you or anything.  I just happened to see your post and am curious.  I'm what you what I might call a radical independent, and have zero truck in any of this shakespearian theatre.

10 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

That is only partially true. Obama also benefited tremendously by the vast number of people who left the labor force, artificially dropping his unemployment numbers. See this chart, and see how it actually started going back up again under Trump until the pandemic.

image.thumb.png.2b27be290709e3b04a400c9c6c057f2a.png

• Thank you (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Cinga said:

That is only partially true. Obama also benefited tremendously by the vast number of people who left the labor force, artificially dropping his unemployment numbers. See this chart, and see how it actually started going back up again under Trump until the pandemic.

image.thumb.png.2b27be290709e3b04a400c9c6c057f2a.png

The CBO says that roughly half of the three-percentage-point decline in labor-force participation since the end of 2007 is due to the aging of the workforce. (For the record, it’s not just the CBO. A range of other papers—here, here, and here for example—have come up with similar results. Of course, not everybody agrees.)

https://qz.com/286213/the-chart-obama-haters-love-most-and-the-truth-behind-it/

That's just one snippet from the article, but it's a great read about labor force participation under Obama. It goes into other reasons for the drop.

Dont forget under Obama you had people able to exit the labor force because they now had access to affordable health insurance outside of employment with the ACA 

1 hour ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

Honest question: why do you support Biden?  I'm looking for an answer that is something other than "He's against Trump".  And if you have answered this question previously somewhere, you can point me there, because I'm not trying to troll you or anything.  I just happened to see your post and am curious.  I'm what you what I might call a radical independent, and have zero truck in any of this shakespearian theatre.

As I said before, "he's not Trump" is pretty much all the reason many, MANY Americans need at this point.

He's an awful, AWFUL President.  Joe Biden was Vice President to probably the best President in a generation.  Biden's already emphasized much of what he'll be doing is restoring the portions of the Obama legacy that Trump has been seeking to tear down because of his Inferiority Complex.

Trump has done more damage to our country in one term than I admit even I thought after he was elected in 2016.  That's really the only reason I need.

And if your question is why I think Trump is an awful, AWFUL President, I'm still hunting down the detailed post I had in my interaction with @Buffalo_Gal

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

As I said before, "he's not Trump" is pretty much all the reason many, MANY Americans need at this point.

He's an awful, AWFUL President.  Joe Biden was Vice President to probably the best President in a generation.  Biden's already emphasized much of what he'll be doing is restoring the portions of the Obama legacy that Trump has been seeking to tear down because of his Inferiority Complex.

Trump has done more damage to our country in one term than I admit even I thought after he was elected in 2016.  That's really the only reason I need.

And if your question is why I think Trump is an awful, AWFUL President, I'm still hunting down the detailed post I had in my interaction with @Buffalo_Gal

😂😂😂😂😂😂😉

56 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sure, "he's not Trump."  The problem is, he is Joe Biden.

The 60's movement disdained career politicians.

.....now those thinking they're replicating that era want them.

Edited by I am the egg man

On 10/6/2020 at 9:41 AM, westside2 said:

If any Democrats out there can give me some reasons to vote for him, I'm all ears. Having been a Democrat my entire life, up until recently that is. I would love to return.

Some questions I would like to know.....

1. Do you consider antifa/BLM part of the Democrats? If not, who do they belong too?

2. How does Biden plan to restart the economy when he plans on closing coal and oil?

3. Will Biden get rid of free trade with China? Will factories and pharmaceuticals return to China?

4. Will Biden cancel the tax cuts that has saved thousands of dollars for the middle class?

What exactly is his plan for health care other than Obama care and all of its flaws?

I would love to have a reason to return back to the party I grew up with. But I need to know what they actually stand for.

Thank you in advance.

This is a fantastic idea for a thread, westide2.  Thank you for putting yourself on the hot seat.  I'll try to take a stab at these questions of yours.

1. No.  Do you consider the KKK and neo-Nazis to be part of the Republicans?  Many of them certainly vote that way, just like many of the BLM/Antifa vote Democrat.  This question is honestly irrelevant.  
  2. Coal (now) and oil (eventually, but not anywhere close to soon) are dying forms of energy.  Solar energy, wind energy, tidal energy, and even nuclear energy are all effectively infinite for the current purposes of our species.  Recall that humans are only about 200,000 years old as a species.  Therefore, it would be ridiculous to apply the idea that these forms of energy are technically finite since "they will only last several billion years."  For our intents and purposes, they are effectively infinite.   The future rests in these forms of effectively infinite energy, and the sooner our economy retools to utilizing them the more likely we are to maintain our status as the preeminent economic power in the world.  I don't see the Republicans embracing such an approach.  We are still the most powerful economy in the world and have been for decades regardless of president.  Tax the rich -> invest in infinite energy -> reap the benefits.  That should be our goal looking forward.  
  3. With regards to China, I am overall unfamiliar with the Biden foreign policy approach outside of general assumptions regarding Democratic norms.  As a person with a chemical engineering background, I would tell you that I don't have the slightest faith in complex Chinese chemicals.  Can they make the basic feedstock stuff?  Yeah.  Can they make pharmaceuticals at the same level of precision that the West can?  For the most part, not yet (but that gap is closing faster than you think).  With regards to factories moving to China... that is simply an effect of globalization within the sphere of capitalism.  It is capitalism that brings factories to China since there is more money to be made that way.  
  4. What if Biden kept those tax cuts in place for the middle and lower classes, but revoked them for the upper class?  That is not far off from what the Obama administration did in 2012 with regards to the Bush tax cuts.  That would increase revenues for the federal government, which in turn would go mainly to the two biggest consumers of our budget:  the military, and entitlements.  The former helps everyone, but the latter especially helps the lower and middle classes.
  5. The Biden health care plan is to improve the current system by addressing these flaws you speak of.  I would add that these flaws of Obamacare were a combination of: outright Democratic contempt at the Republicans as a minority party in 2008; and the subsequent Republican response to strip the original formation of the bill at every turn thereafter.  

At the end of the day, I think whatever party you grew up with should have zero bearing on where you stand today.  People evolve.  

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/6/2020 at 8:41 AM, westside2 said:

If any Democrats out there can give me some reasons to vote for him, I'm all ears. Having been a Democrat my entire life, up until recently that is. I would love to return.

Some questions I would like to know.....

1. Do you consider antifa/BLM part of the Democrats? If not, who do they belong too?

2. How does Biden plan to restart the economy when he plans on closing coal and oil?

3. Will Biden get rid of free trade with China? Will factories and pharmaceuticals return to China?

4. Will Biden cancel the tax cuts that has saved thousands of dollars for the middle class?

What exactly is his plan for health care other than Obama care and all of its flaws?

I would love to have a reason to return back to the party I grew up with. But I need to know what they actually stand for.

Thank you in advance.

There is no voting for Biden , there is only voting against Trump , 

Just like you I was a Democrat my whole life I voted for Obama ( his first term ) I realized it was a HUGE mistake!! 

Working in the oilfield to provide for my family I can’t even imagine voting for Biden ,