QB Derek Carr 'sick of losing' after Bills loss

inthebuff

Just now, Gugny said:

Carr's little venting session to the media is indicative of poor leadership.

Overall, Carr had a pretty decent game and has played well this season.  His comments basically boil down to him calling out his teammates.

No bueno.

And that's what I was getting at with the statement that Allen is more of a "leader of men" type than Carr is. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Did you actually hear it or does anyone have a linky?  Because it's not like the media never pulls anything out of context to create controversy :rolleyes::flirt:

If he didn't wear eyeliner and mascara, I would probably have verified it before opining.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

This screams pandering to the fans

I used to work for a sales boss who loved to get in my schitt if I lost a job to the competition. I learned early on that if I lose my schitt before he lost his schitt, he'd immediately work to calm me down and I avoided him getting in my schitt. Like Ralphie working up tears so his mother wouldn't realize he almost shot his eye out.

That was Carr yesterday.

image.jpeg.cff32ce41dd61ee22e604177aa91a342.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Remember when Carr had a good supporting cast and the Raiders started the season 12-3 ? 

2016 is ancient history I guess 

Ah 1 season, every other one he has been the QB on a below .500 Team. 
we have seen our share of Carr’s as Bills fans. Glad we have Allen. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Carr is the type of QB who’s good enough to not constantly be looking for a replacement but not good enough to beat the better teams in the League.  I bet Mariota is playing by the end of the season and not because Carr gets injured.  Gruden  didn’t come out of MNF booth to go 8-8.  

Well Mariota fits that description too. And it was my fear with Josh BTW. I never thought he'd be a bust unlike so many annoying posters, but that he'd plateau as  a good/very good but not great QB  - which is a killer. Instead, as planned, Allen has all the boxes checked to be an elite franchise QB :)

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What do you think the story is with Mariota?  At one point I thought he looked like a reasonably promising QB

Mariota has trouble reading coverages and is way too eager to check down. He had college success in Chip Kelly's offense typically using only half-field reads, or he'd take off running. NFL Defenses seem too complicated for him, he may be the only NFL QB more prone to unneccesary checkdowns than Carr.

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

This comment is just bizarre.  Sick of losing at 2-2?  Call the waaaambulance.

I'm sure he's thinking of his entire career. The Raiders have not been very good with him there except one season.

17 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Ah 1 season, every other one he has been the QB on a below .500 Team. 
we have seen our share of Carr’s as Bills fans. Glad we have Allen. 

When's the last time the Bills had a 12 win season?  To then trade away one of the best defensive players in the league (Mack) and a bonafide #1 WR (Cooper)? 

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

2-2    Sick of losing

Thats the spirit.  

Carr is a loser. That's what he does and who he has been in his career. 

He isn't a bad QB, he just isn't Mahomes, Jackson or Allen...

3 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Carr is the type of QB who’s good enough to not constantly be looking for a replacement but not good enough to beat the better teams in the League.  I bet Mariota is playing by the end of the season and not because Carr gets injured.  Gruden  didn’t come out of MNF booth to go 8-8.  

And if Mariota plays they won't be 8-8

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I remember it all. I don’t want Carr anywhere near my team, that guy isn’t a winner, Allen is, thank goodness for Bills fans. 

It takes more than a Qb my man. I'm extremely surprised and happy with what we are doing, we are clicking everywhere on offense, but as you can see this year, it's the whole package that's needed to succeed.  From Qb play, WR play, right down to the oline. 

The Raiders are very close, we simply made the plays we needed to and they didn't. But I remember a time in the not so distant past where we were on the end they are right now. 

20 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

So was it Carr or Mack and Cooper? 

All of them, that's why it's a team game. 

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Yes, Allen took a bad loss on that one play. Prior to that he had actually thrown the ball away 4 times to avoid a loss. The Houston game? Really? Is that even relevant at this point with what we've seen from Allen this year so far? Carr is alright and he had some hella nice throws yesterday, but I'm taking Allen 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. Allen has a clutch gene in him you just can't teach, a trait that Carr does not possess. Allen is also more of a "leader of men" person than Carr is. At the end of the day, one team is 4-0 and their QB is a legitimate MVP candidate. The other is 2-2 and their QB is not. 

One team has a superior supporting cast, one doesn't. 

No one is knocking Allen, but it isn't all him.  There are 10 other guys out there executing out there...as a team. Until this year, Allen was the weakest link.  Now that he's hitting on all cylinders, we look like a freaking juggernaut. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

So was it Carr or Mack and Cooper? 

It was all of them. My point is that Carr was good enough to have a 12 win season when he had a strong supporting cast. 

Do you think the Bills would be 4-0 right now if Diggs and White were not on the team? 

The Raiders had a good team, but decided to blow it up for some reason. I can empathize with Carr's statement about losing 

Derek Carr is exactly the kind of QB that you don't want to have on your team in this day and age

• Takes no chances in the pass game
  • Not particularly athletic
  • Leadership?  Meh
  • Puts up decent stats without the playmaking ability to back it up
  • Really isn't getting better
  • Doesn't play big against top competition

You need to either have a top 5-10 elite guy to pay for consistent excellency, or a guy on a rookie contract that either balls out or can be easily replaced by another draft pick

Anything in the middle is not particularly useful - Cousins, Stafford, Carr, Ryan, Dalton/Flacco (before they got replaced)

• Like (+1) 1