Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Does anyone know how much the Titans usually make use of their fullback, Khori Blasingame?

I see that he is unlikely to play in this game as he has not yet been activated from the COVID Reserve list.

Do the Titans usually use a lot of 21 and 22 personnel? Could the lack of healthy fullback negatively impact their running game, or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

He played 41 snaps on offense so far.  That's roughly 18%

Also that's up significantly from last year when he took only 68 snaps or roughly 7% of the offensive snaps on the season.

Over his 6 games last year and 3 this year he hasn't carried the ball once and been targeted with a pass only 6 times.

So if's only 6 targets on 109 snaps and he is in the game you can bet hard on he's in there to block on a running play.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

Does anyone know how much the Titans usually make use of their fullback, Khori Blasingame?

I see that he is unlikely to play in this game as he has not yet been activated from the COVID Reserve list.

Do the Titans usually use a lot of 21 and 22 personnel? Could the lack of healthy fullback negatively impact their running game, or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Here it is in detail

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/personnel-grouping-frequency.html

2 RBs 1 TE 16% of time

2 RBs 2 TE 4% of time

1 RB 2 TE 21% of time

So Bills will likely need 3 LBs or Big Nickel on field 40%+ of plays.

45 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I've been trying to find something, has there been one comment- by anyone- about the Tre injury???

No, because the last time mcdermott talked to the media was before practice on Wednesday and that was before anyone knew he wouldn’t be at practice. They interviewed some players on Thursday but didn’t ask them. McDermott has not talked to the media since 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Blasingame 20% of the offensive snaps vs Jax and 25% of the snaps vs Minn

Henry 70-75% of offensive snaps those games

So potentially 20-25% of the time? 

I'd love to have a source for the formations used by teams and how frequently

At a guess, Tenn. will be trying some of the formations the Rams used against us with some success, using TE and WR to create gap assignment confusion

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Also if they're symptomatic, they're supposed to have a cardiology exam and a "progressive conditioning program" after they come off, is my understanding.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Blasingame 20% of the offensive snaps vs Jax and 25% of the snaps vs Minn

Henry 70-75% of offensive snaps those games

I'd love to have a source for the formations used by teams and how frequently

I found this. Looks accurate based on the bills 11 personnel. Not exactly mobile friendly. 

To summarize:

11 Personnel: 47%

12 Personnel: 21%

21 Personnel: 14%

13 Personnel: 8%

22 Personnel: 6%

Edited by The Wiz

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I found this. Looks accurate based on the bills 11 personnel. Not exactly mobile friendly. 

Wow, thanks!  Yeah, Sharpfootballstats pretty good site.

So according to this the Titans love them some 1-1 (47%), 1-2 (21%) but use 2-1 about 14% of the time and 2-2 6%.

Overall 2 backs on the field 20% of the time, and if you see that the second back is there to block on a run play because Henry IS their rush offense.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wow, thanks!  Yeah, Sharpfootballstats pretty good site.

So according to this the Titans love them some 1-1 (47%), 1-2 (21%) but use 2-1 about 14% of the time.

Yea I'm actually amazed how much you can break the stats down on the site.  By down/yardage/qtr.  Even taking the overall and then giving you the % breakdown of how often they ran or passed out of that formation.  

Edited by The Wiz