Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

Wow! This thread is longer than an OT Gameday Thread and it’s only Wednesday!

2020 served straight from Hell!

3 hours ago, Chandemonium said:

Just move the game to the Bills bye week. The titans are scheduled to play in Baltimore that week. They can play the Ravens at 1:00 and the Bills at 4:30 on a neutral field. I’d think given the choice the Titans would take losing a home game and being forced into a doubleheader over an outright forfeit. 

Thinking outside the box. I like it🤪

5 minutes ago, Success said:

I agree. It's time to see how we match up w/ the league's best, and see Mahomes & Allen head to head.

That said, if it did happen & Mahomes couldn't play, Patriots fans would pull all of their hair out - they already think we've benefited from an easier schedule & timing.

Ask me if I care what Patriot fans think

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I am going to go on record here and say that, if this is true and they violated protocol to practice together when they were told not to, I want the Titans to forfeit. I doubt McDermott would allow something like that, but we'd deserve it if it the situation was reversed.

It's not just risking themselves and their teammates, but the staff, their families...and the Bills! Even if there wind up being no fatalities this is now a scheduling and logistical nightmare.Throw the book at them!

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I am going to go on record here and say that, if this is true and they violated protocol to practice together when they were told not to, I want the Titans to forfeit. I doubt McDermott would allow something like that, but we'd deserve it if it the situation was reversed.

It's not just risking themselves and their teammates, but the staff, their families...and the Bills! Throw the book at them!

The Titans and The Raiders are stupid teams, what cluster ***** of a disaster. Move the Titans to 12/20 and let us play the Broncos. 

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

It's not just risking themselves and their teammates, but the staff, their families...and the Bills! Even if there wind up being no fatalities this is now a scheduling and logistical nightmare.Throw the book at them!

Steelers fans are already raising high hell that forfeit is even being discussed. Id usually say fug em, but they are the NFL's precious love child and I dont see it happening.

22 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Heard on One Bills Live:  Apparently last week, while the Titans facilities were closed, Titans players took it upon themselves to have an unauthorized practice session on their own, in violation of league protocols.  Now they're wondering why they keep on having positive COVID tests.  Duh!  Make them forfeit.

Wow, if true that is definite grounds for a forfeit.  On top of everything else I mean.

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

Steelers fans are already raising high hell that forfeit is even being discussed. Id usually say fug em, but they are the NFL's precious love child and I dont see it happening.

I understand the Steelers' frustration, but when that game was rescheduled, there had not been an investigation to determine if the Titans had violated league protocols.  The investigation that is underway may change the league's position from accomodating to punitive.

9 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Patriot fans think?

There's no evidence to support this... In fact, if someone capable of thought talked like that, they would surely just shut their damn mouths and never speak again so as to prevent that noise from entering the atmosphere... 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

I understand the Steelers' frustration, but when that game was rescheduled, there had not been an investigation to determine if the Titans had violated league protocols.  The investigation that is underway may change the league's position from accomodating to punitive.

Yeah there's a big big biiiiig difference between "oh no, despite our best efforts a highly infectious disease hit us" and "whoopsies we blatantly violated a rule while already under scrutiny"

Teams are going to have cases without a bubble. I'm fine for rescheduling due to acts of nature, like when we have blizzards or hurricanes. But this would just be due to reckless indifference

As a side note on the whole covid situation: I’m sure most already do (at least those with larger resources) but I think this whole situation has likely pressed upon guys to have a good home gym setup. If I’m an agent, I’m pushing for that constantly. I don’t care how close you live to the facility or to a public gym.