WTF

Foxx

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is hysterical. 

I can see who warns and bans every poster. I can read what's said about it in the mod's forum. 

And you're telling me you're 'pretty sure you're not wrong' about what happened when I tell you "wasn't me"?

You're So Pretty!

Ehh, I think you're the one of the, if not the best, Mods on this site. So that that!

Edited by Paulus

Just now, shoshin said:

Let’s check back in 2 weeks and see if life has moved on. I think that guy got banned before and the board somehow survived. 

Well done mods and good luck. Flush the whole thing and the world will spin on its axis as long as Josh stays Covid free. 

Yay yay I got my way.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, shoshin said:

Let’s check back in 2 weeks and see if life has moved on. I think that guy got banned before and the board somehow survived. 

Well done mods and good luck. Flush the whole thing and the world will spin on its axis as long as Josh stays Covid free. 

No one’s dead, life will move on but he was a poster who posted content to which 85% I strongly disagreed.  Now the bot/content ratio just got worse but at least your feelings won’t be hurt.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, shoshin said:

"Get rid of everything I don't like."

You are what is wrong with the world.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, meazza said:

No one’s dead, life will move on but he was a poster who posted content to which 85% I strongly disagreed.  Now the bot/content ratio just got worse but at least your feelings won’t be hurt.

My feelings weren’t hurt but your obsession with my emotional state is creepy. 

A bully got banned. Bravo. 

39 minutes ago, GOBUFFALO716 said:

And you’re a moderator? No wonder people have no idea what is right and wrong here. 

@SDS

Yep.  For probably around 20 years.  My standards ain't high, which is why even the trolls barely get a sideways glance from me. 

It's politics,  not kindergarten.   It's not supposed to be an echo chamber for the weak.  Historically,  it's always been messy.  But thanks for narcing.  You're clearly exactly what PPP needs more of.  LOL

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, shoshin said:

My feelings weren’t hurt but your obsession with my emotional state is creepy. 

A bully got banned. Bravo. 

You have continually cried like a child with a skinned knee.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LB3 said:

"Get rid of everything I don't like."

I support our American president in many things. I don’t want him censored or canceled. 

1 minute ago, LB3 said:

You are what is wrong with the world.

This is a private club. It’s better now IMO. Go chat on Twitter and you can say every thing you want. Have a blast. 

Different communities different standards. 

I support our American president in many things. I don’t want him censored or canceled. 

This is a private club. It’s better now IMO. Go chat on Twitter and you can say every thing you want. Have a blast. 

I was spot on, Karen. You joined a club just to complain about and change it. You're pathetic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

That's a little strong IMO but he is a major snowflake.  A lot of people grow up though and he might someday.

Your standard for adult is anonymously insulting strangers on the Internet. 

Cool bro. 

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

And as long as this community has your high fallutin standards we'll all be better off.  What we have done without you to tell us all how we should behave?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LB3 said:

I was spot on, Karen. You joined a club just to complain about and change it. You're pathetic.

I am here. I hope it can be better. 

Horrible, isn’t it to think we can make a place better? 

Edited by shoshin

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Yes, and who the ***** do you think you are, exactly, to come down here, to the PPP community, and demand the standards that have been in place for decades change?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, shoshin said:

I am here. I hooe it can be better. 

I know you have not appreciated DR's contributions. That is a shame as he has sources and contacts the rest of us can only dream about.  His being banned will result in an enormous loss of quality information being posted in this community.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, shoshin said:

I am here. I hooe it can be better. 

Great job, Karen. For your next trick, join a fishing club and then try to get rid of everyone that likes to fish.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The content on this board will suffer without posters as intelligent and well rounded as Deranged Rhino, that is beyond dispute despite what some of the lesser lights here say. 

He did not suffer fools gladly and with the ever increasing number of fools on PPP I know many of his replies caused some to head to their fainting couches, but maybe they learned something 

Also, I am concerned that DR’s defense of our President may have been a contributing factor to this “ban”. It seems that the free speech forum is only for some views. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I for one want him back. I have never complained about anyone on this board or any other. Not my style.

But if and when he's back I'd like to see people call him on his more out-there conspiratorial thought. I tried to do that. He got defensive and tried to drive me out of here. And from that long "Save PPP" thread it was obvious that he thinks those who disagree or are prone to calling him out on what is, quite frankly, his b.s., have no place here.

I'm old to TBD, new to PPP. I mostly enjoy discussing political analysis and polls. And I am not thin skinned. Bring it on, but be ready to defend your position with something other than "you are not awake; do your own research; what you see is not what is really going on."

You sound  sorta thin-skinned to be honest.  I read many of your threads back and forth with DR  and you didn’t seem all that fearful of being “driven out of here”.  Any reasonable reader picking up a topic might well conclude you were the offending party.   

As for seeking to gather others to help you in your quest to call the man out, three thoughts:

1.  Being the guy who tells the other guys where the torches and pitchforks are hidden doesn’t mean you’re not part of a larger problem;

2.  Unless you’re brand 🤬ing new as of this very moment, if you haven’t seen countless posters taking shots at the guy, often in what appears to be a coordinated fashion, welcome to this country and all the best on learning the language and all the subtleties contained therein;
3.  Even if you personally believe that something is a conspiracy theory, why do you care?  Ignore it. Move on. Consider that you might be a tad condescending in calling out what someone else may believe.  Hell we’ve got morons running about thinking the FBI just had a bad day when they sought to unseat The President. 

True story—after some $#@*bird whined the last time (and for God’s sake what a weasel that person is), I suggested the old saying “When you lie down with dogs, you might get fleas” might well be one he wanted to revisit.  As @Buffalo_Gal has said many times, DR seems at times to have the patience of Job. 

This comes from a person, btw, who enjoys reading some of your thoughts on certain issues.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

And as long as this community has your high fallutin standards we'll all be better off.  What we have done without you to tell us all how we should behave?

You can do whatever you want. Turns out someone here would like to raise the standard and it’s someone with some power. 

Debate him/her. I support the effort to make this a more civil community. If you don’t, I guess it’s on you. 

If PPP disappeared tomorrow, would you be OK? My guess is you’d be mad for a day, troll until banned maybe on the other board and move on. 

Would the entirety of TBD be more like what the founder envisioned? Only a question he can answer. 

But why can’t we talk here like we would in person and not like internet tough guy jagoffs, the culture of which has not lead to anything particularly positive in human relations. 

Night all. Long day hiking in the ADKs. Driving home tomorrow but thank you scheduling gods for the 4pm kickoff.

Again, I wanted DR here. I was quite clear that I wanted to expose exactly how poisonous some of his conspiratorial thinking was getting.

But in shoshin's defense: he did seem to think that this wasn't Politics, Pundits, and Polls, but rather "Anti-Trump Insurrection, World Conspiracy, and the Coming Reckoning." Everything revolved around that. And from what I've learned -- thank you DR, you led me into studying how bizarre this whole world is -- that is unfortunately typical for those who have gone off the mega-conspiracy deep end.

It doesn't foster conversation or even arguments of the less polite type when someone is always out there thinking their political opponents are child molesters. Yes, some things are beyond the pale. I'm not for banning people from saying them, but I am, and always will be, ready to call them on it whenever and wherever I see it. 

19 minutes ago, GOBUFFALO716 said:

And you’re a moderator? No wonder people have no idea what is right and wrong here. 

@SDS

On other boards moderators are known and have a "moderator" designation under screen name. They should be involved in the discussion. Who complains should be known to all.

7 minutes ago, shoshin said:

You can do whatever you want. Turns out someone here would like to raise the standard and it’s someone with some power. 

Debate him/her. I support the effort to make this a more civil community. If you don’t, I guess it’s on you. 

If PPP disappeared tomorrow, would you be OK? My guess is you’d be mad for a day, troll until banned maybe on the other board and move on. 

Would the entirety of TBD be more like what the founder envisioned? Only a question he can answer. 

But why can’t we talk here like we would in person and not like internet tough guy jagoffs, the culture of which has not lead to anything particularly positive in human relations. 

Night all. Long day hiking in the ADKs. Driving home tomorrow but thank you scheduling gods for the 4pm kickoff.

The important question is that if PPP was dissolved, as you appear to want, would it drive down traffic to this site? I think it will. I think banning DR will have that effect, as well. Also, I'm not sure if advertisers want to pay to advertise to bots...

Edited by Paulus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

You think you're being subtle when you talk down to people and I find that hysterically funny.  You're calling for civility while at the same time insinuating that people beneath you are incapable of your standards because you think you are so much smarter than most.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Paulus said:

The important question is that if PPP was dissolved, would it drive down traffic to this site? I think it will. I think banning DR will have that effect, as well. Also, I'm not sure if advertisers want to pay to advertise to bots...

Thanks for the laugh before bed. I’m sure TBD can survive a banning. 

Thanks for the laugh before bed. I’m sure TBD can survive a banning. 

Surviving and losing revenue to appease a couple of randos are two different things. 

I dont know the stats on site traffic, but I do think PPP is not as insignificant as you think. 

Edited by Paulus

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You think you're being subtle when you talk down to people and I find that hysterically funny.  You're calling for civility while at the same time insinuating that people beneath you are incapable of your standards because you think you are so much smarter than most.  

No one is beneath any of us brother! We are all friends and fans of a football team. 

Let’s crush the Raiders and hope McFrazier figures out the run D. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Sounds like DR. 

4 minutes ago, shoshin said:

No one is beneath any of us brother! We are all friends and fans of a football team. 

No

2 minutes ago, The Trump Virus said:

Sounds like DR. 

Another new account alarmingly spamming the board... 

This is a raid, huh?

Edited by Paulus
  • Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, GOBUFFALO716 said:

Didn’t meant to trigger you by highlighting the fact that DR INTIMIDATES those who counter and damage his Q Analysis.

that’s just because your dumb and he’s kicked your ass 52,000 times.   

go get your participation trophy 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I just hope for a civil and spirited contest, and most certainly hope that if anyone feels uncertain about their role in the game, body image or just whatever—that someone gets ejected to make things more holistic.  Healing is feeling. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

And that’s exactly how DR operated here