Trump, Melania Test Positive for COVID 19

39 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

President Donald Trump was seen in a photo taken at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center apparently signing a blank piece of paper with a marker, further undermining the credibility of the White House when it comes to the president's health.

The White House on Saturday night released pictures of the president working at the hospital, where he remained for a second night after he and First Lady Melania Trump both tested positive for the coronavirus. 

Ivanka Trump, the president's daughter and a senior aide, shared one the pictures on her Twitter page, adding: "Nothing can stop him from working for the American people. RELENTLESS!"

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-walter-reed-photo-op-blank-paper-1536238

My guess is the Rudy G and the rest all have stock in that too

Trump did something similar when he first took over. He had a table spread with a bunch of folders full of paper. Turned out it was all just blank pages:

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/313907-trump-didnt-allow-reporters-to-see-documents-detailing-split

43 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Trump did something similar when he first took over. He had a table spread with a bunch of folders full of paper. Turned out it was all just blank pages:

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/313907-trump-didnt-allow-reporters-to-see-documents-detailing-split

That is why I laughed when they were posting the picture in this thread. I was thinking they are on the tiger side of the post with a tear coming down their eyes going "That's my president getting work done" in reality the president said "Get me a folder with some papers and take this picture"

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I heard he had "2 dips in oxygen."  If the lowest it dropped was 93% (90% and above is acceptable while obviously the closer to 100 the better), that's not really worth reporting.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

I heard he had "2 dips in oxygen."  If the lowest it dropped was 93% (90% and above is acceptable while obviously the closer to 100 the better), that's not really worth reporting.

In my experience (40 years) you usually wouldn't even apply oxygen at 93%, although I am sure with a serious virus such as this (and a POTUS) it is understandable.

But as you say, they HAVE to make it sound bad.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, B-Man said:

FAKE! hahahahaha. 
He probably actually believes he's "working" like when you handed your little brother an unplugged Nintendo controller.

The Trump administration’s credibility crisis continues as the president is mocked for apparently signing a blank piece of paper with a marker in photos taken at Walter Reed military hospital, in a vain attempt to show him working while fighting coronavirus.

On Saturday night, the White House released photos of Donald Trump appearing hard at work while in hospital, where he remained for a second night after a “very concerning” period.

His daughter, Ivanka Trump, shared one of the photos on her Twitter, with the caption: “Nothing can stop him from working for the American people. RELENTLESS!”

But Mr Trump’s attempts to appear undefeated by Covid-19 were quickly picked apart by eagle-eyes commentators, who took to social media to accuse him of staging the photos.

Jon Ostrower, editor-in-chief of aviation publication The Air Current, took a closer look at data embedded in the photos shared by the White House, and found they were taken just 10 minutes apart but showed the president working in two different places.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-coronavirus-photo-op-staged-walter-reed-b778464.html

• Thank you (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Doc said:

...sadly there are those here saying "dammit....go lower".......this society gets sicker by the nanosecond........respect and co-existence vanished long ago......SMH....

6 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

There's nothing there showing its not him signing a blank piece of paper. It's just offering an explanation as to why the paper looks blank.

Re-read your statement,

poor logic.

There's nothing there that shows it is actually Donald Trump too, if you want to go down that silly road.

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, B-Man said:

In my experience (40 years) you usually wouldn't even apply oxygen at 93%, although I am sure with a serious virus such as this (and a POTUS) it is understandable.

But as you say, they HAVE to make it sound bad.

He was reportedly sat’ing at 96% on room air, which for his age and body habitus is actually pretty good. A drop of 3% wouldn’t have concerned me and I would’ve just had him cough and deep breathe, and given him an incentive spirometer. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

He was reportedly sat’ing at 96% on room air, which for his age and body habitus is actually pretty good. A drop of 3% wouldn’t have concerned me and I would’ve just had him cough and deep breathe, and given him an incentive spirometer. 

....and sickeningly, how many are depressed with your news?.......we're socially sinking by the nanosecond.....effed up???..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 2

Trump's last tweet was his video message on Twitter more than a day ago which appeared to have been recorded earlier.   He tweeted nothing overnight, which is his favorite time to tweet  and which may say more about his condition than all of the propaganda coming out of the WH.

2 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Doesn't  anyone in the press  know what HIPPA is or  is it true that it doesn't apply tp Trump?

Anything that they release at a press conference is fine, Trump realizes that.

It is the ridiculous wild speculation and unsubstantiated rumors that the press does that everyone should object to.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, B-Man said:

Anything that they release at a press conference is fine, Trump realizes that.

It is the ridiculous wild speculation and unsubstantiated rumors that the press does that everyone should object to.

That's what I meant.  The docs at WR are adhering to the HIPPA rules.  Anything else the press "puts out" (makes up) is total BS.

Edited by Wacka

Taking steroids now. That’s a pretty serious thing to do for a mild case. Hang in there Mr President. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Dropping 3% with Covid gets a lot of attention. 

5 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Taking steroids now. That’s a pretty serious thing to do for a mild case. Hang in there Mr President. 

Dropping 3% with Covid gets a lot of attention. 

It’s a concern while it’s dropping because you don’t know how low it’s going to go. But if it doesn’t drop any more than 3% and it goes back up, it’s not a big concern.  

• Like (+1) 4

51 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

That is a lot of people wishing him well... in Bethesda, Maryland!

And yes, the press had a melt-down over this.

LOL:

Basically:

So Covid Donnie was cruising around the DC area in a motorcade this afternoon ... crusin' and playin' the radio with no particular place to go?

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

So Covid Donnie was cruising around the DC area in a motorcade this afternoon ... crusin' and playin' the radio with no particular place to go?

What rationale person here, infected with a deadly virus would tell someone please drive me around for a political stunt/photo shoot knowing you're risking the life of the person you are asking and their families?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

What rationale person here, infected with a deadly virus would tell someone please drive me around for a political stunt/photo shoot knowing you're risking the life of the person you are asking and their families?

It's baffling isn't it?  Just when you think you know what's going to happen next...

2 times at least his oxygen levels dropped and he’s had oxygen. Plus the steroids, Remdesivir, and monoclonal antibodies. This is not a little case of Covid  for him but a more serious one, the car parade rally notwithstanding. Hang tough Mr President. 

8 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

I spent the day catching all the action on the Red Zone Channel for the early games, and then watching the Bills go 4-0 with another impressive offensive show, so when I wandered over to PPP and saw the posts showing this presidential motorcade, I thought that this was some dumbass tweeterhead stringing together a few clips of past presidential motorcades and trying to pass them off as a current event (Sunday afternoon).   It wasn't.  The POTUS, infected with covid-19, intermittently being on oxygen, and being treated with drugs generally reserved for patients seriously ill from the disease, went for a f'n joyride around Bethesda, MD like a sixteen-year-old trying to impress some girls with his fancy wheels on a Saturday night!!!  :doh:

There's a recent thread in PPP based on the question of would Trump suffer long-term mental effects that would make him unfit to serve a second term.   I think that question is moot.  Covid Donnie has demonstrated that he's irrational now.   He's behaved like your 90-year-old grandfather starting the slide into age-related dementia.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Covid Donnie has demonstrated that he's irrational now.   He's behaved like your 90-year-old grandfather starting the slide into age-related dementia.

Except that this grandpa is also evil.