My hope for Brian Daboll

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

This makes no sense why would he want to go someplace else to rebuilding all over again when he's just getting to the point where he's going to be getting some results here? They're going to extend him only a matter of time.

While I do believe that Beane loves it in Buffalo and has very close ties to McD.

Still, you need to consider what a huge promotion to team president it would be for a GM along with all that power goes with it. A huge payday along with final say over the entire side of football operations is what these men dream about. 

I dunno, perhaps it's just me. I just worry about losing the best thing this franchise has had since the mid eighties to early nineties. The Bills started their long slide into oblivion right after Polian left Buffalo in 1992. He then went on to help build two different franchise's into super bowl teams. Meanwhile the Bills were a skid mark for the longest time. 

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

While I do believe that Beane loves it in Buffalo and has very close ties to McD.

Still, you need to consider what a huge promotion to team president it would be for a GM along with all that power goes with it. A huge payday along with final say over the entire side of football operations is what these men dream about. 

I dunno, perhaps it's just me. I just worry about losing the best thing this franchise has had since the mid eighties to early nineties. The Bills started their long slide into oblivion right after Polian left Buffalo in 1992. He then went on to help build two different franchise's into super bowl teams. Meanwhile the Bills were a skid mark for the longest time. 

The only person above him here is the owner of the team, how would that be different somewhere else?

12 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Since this board loves to talk about eating crow so much, shouldn't there be a big feast in celebration of Brian Daboll? 

I mean we love to blame the OC every time something goes wrong, but the guy isn't the one executing on the field. Seems like now the personnel is there, the skill is there, and the QB is there, and suddenly our offense is playing like a top offense should.

It talks about eating crow so much because too many posters take extreme stances and act like they know more than people who actually worked in industry and have attitudes like people at PFF.

15 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

We've all heard the talk about Daboll becoming a likely candidate for more head coaching interviews in the future, and that will likely continue as Josh Allen ascends.

I have to admit, I'm holding out a bit of hope that as the Bills continue to move into the top echelon of teams, that Daboll will pump the brakes on his own career aspirations and stay focused on bringing a championship to his hometown.

Or maybe, Pegula revisits his contract and sweetens it a bit in light of Allen's development?

Is this hope on my part completely irrational?

Hadn't thought of this. While I don't think home town discounts exist (Brady was getting a brinks truck delivered to some garage).... I didn't consider this. Thats gotta mean something, I mean damn what a legacy!  Let's hope 

Edited by BillsShredder83

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I would bet money on him ending up as the Jets head coach with Trevor Lawrence as his QB. What kind of odds would I get for that?

I don't know he's a Buffalo boy would he really want to go to Jersey? Wait never mind he was the TE coach in NE I retract my objection.

16 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

We've all heard the talk about Daboll becoming a likely candidate for more head coaching interviews in the future, and that will likely continue as Josh Allen ascends.

I have to admit, I'm holding out a bit of hope that as the Bills continue to move into the top echelon of teams, that Daboll will pump the brakes on his own career aspirations and stay focused on bringing a championship to his hometown.

Or maybe, Pegula revisits his contract and sweetens it a bit in light of Allen's development?

Is this hope on my part completely irrational?

I think he should take his shot at a HC job if he gets it, selfishly I want him to stay but a HC job in the NFL is one of the rarest jobs you can get, take it if it's offered.

Just now, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Dabes deserves the spotlight and the glory. I'm just afraid he's looking for the latter, and won't be at all comfortable with the former.

Does anybody know who's the current assistant OC in Carolina? Just thought I'd start getting to know him now. 😄

I'd bet if Daboll goes Ken Dorsey gets a shot.

Funny how things can change so fast. I remember last year many were not fans of Daboll even as recent as coming off the playoff loss where he abandoned the run in the 2nd half. Yes the offense is rolling right now and JA is ballin out, but how much of that is Daboll and how much of that is Allen? I would say it's a bit of both, maybe more of Josh and it being year 3 in the system. I feel like he's a fairly decent coordinator, I think he needs to build a stronger running game to be considered an elite OC and HC material. 

17 minutes ago, Raleigh • √eff said:

Funny how things can change so fast. I remember last year many were not fans of Daboll even as recent as coming off the playoff loss where he abandoned the run in the 2nd half. Yes the offense is rolling right now and JA is ballin out, but how much of that is Daboll and how much of that is Allen? I would say it's a bit of both, maybe more of Josh and it being year 3 in the system. I feel like he's a fairly decent coordinator, I think he needs to build a stronger running game to be considered an elite OC and HC material. 

Last year, there's a thread probably at most a few pages back that's Titled "Daboll on the hotseat after today." or something.

Edited by Warcodered

On 9/28/2020 at 4:31 PM, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Saying that Daboll will have a head coaching spot next year, especially because of what he accomplished with Josh Allen is super high on my list of things I thought were so obvious they wouldnt receive any push back.

OCs like Eric Bieniemy who has developed Patrick Mahomes haven't become HCs. 

At the current rate, he'll get interviews, but none of us know how he'll interview and bear in mind whilst he success in the NFL as an OC, he also failed. 

On 9/28/2020 at 5:13 PM, cle23 said:

Bienemy's hangup is he has never called plays, and the Andy Reid effect.

Roman has only been successful with running QBs.

And before Buffalo, Daboll wasnt successful as an OC in the NFL with any QB. 

Edited by Mountain Man

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 3:02 AM, Nihilarian said:

Beane isn't going anywhere IMO. How often to GMs leave one franchise (without being fired) to join another. Polian did it Carolina to Indianapolis but I honestly can't remember another occasion.

20 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

OCs like Eric Bieniemy who has developed Patrick Mahomes haven't become HCs. 

At the current rate, he'll get interviews, but none of us know how he'll interview and bear in mind whilst he success in the NFL as an OC, he also failed. 

And before Buffalo, Daboll wasnt successful as an OC in the NFL with any QB. 

Bienemy should be a Head Coach in my mind. I think the things that are going against him are a) the credit Andy Reid gets for the offense and b) they made it to the AFCCG followed by the Superbowl. I know the 9ers did with Kyle Shanahan (and it has worked) and I think Dan Quinn went straight from a Superbowl to Atlanta job but generally the deeper you go in the Playoffs the harder it is for you to land a HC job that hiring season because teams don't want to wait.

If Josh continues to play as he has Daboll is getting the credit because McDermott is known as a "defensive guy" and the best bet the Bills have of keeping him is to go right to the end of the post-season. Otherwise if I am Jacksonville or the Jets or maybe the Lions and I think I am going Quarterback early in 2021 then Daboll would be one of my choices.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Bienemy should be a Head Coach in my mind. I think the things that are going against him are a) the credit Andy Reid gets for the offense and b) they made it to the AFCCG followed by the Superbowl. I know the 9ers did with Kyle Shanahan (and it has worked) and I think Dan Quinn went straight from a Superbowl to Atlanta job but generally the deeper you go in the Playoffs the harder it is for you to land a HC job that hiring season because teams don't want to wait.

If Josh continues to play as he has Daboll is getting the credit because McDermott is known as a "defensive guy" and the best bet the Bills have of keeping him is to go right to the end of the post-season. Otherwise if I am Jacksonville or the Jets or maybe the Lions and I think I am going Quarterback early in 2021 then Daboll would be one of my choices.

Yeah, I think we have to face facts that if Allen keeps playing lights out that Daboll is a goner.  What pathetic team wouldn't want the guy that made Allen a superstar?

On 9/28/2020 at 8:33 AM, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

It's not. You know who everyone's first pick for their new head coach is? The guy who taught the young QB how to be a franchise guy.  If Allen didn't get any better, Daboll would already be a lock for a head coaching spot next year. 

How so?