Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Inigo Montoya

NFCE Dumpster Fire

Recommended Posts

The NFCE is clearly the worst division in football this year.  Not content to just be this year's most dysfunctional clown show, they seem determined to achieve historic levels of incompetence.  The combined records of the Eagles, Redskins, Cowboys, and Giants are 2-9-1.  It bares repeating.... 2-9-1.

 

One of those victories came when the Redskins played the Eagles, and someone had to win, and the other win was because the Atlanta Falcons were too stupid to just fall on an onside kick.  The one tie?  Today the Eagles and their $128 million QB managed to tie the 0-2 Bengals who are rolling with a rookie QB.  Maybe I'm being too tough on the Eagles, after all, they were the only NFCE team that didn't lose Sunday.

 

They say one of the reasons the NFL has been so successful is because it has managed through the salary cap and other initiatives to maintain parity, and there is no better example of that than the four teams that make up the NFCE in 2020... they all suck.

 

 

 

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Confused 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This division is arguably the worst that I can remember. The NFC West was atrocious the year that Marshawn ran through the Saints. I thought that was the worst in my lifetime but the NFC East is giving them a run for their money this year.

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barring the comeback and the negative outlook from it 

 

I had said as much heading into this game.   Some media talking mouths were saying that the Bills only played the Jets and Fish.  Newsflash.  Fitzmagic can be very good. 

We'll see FitzTragic again. 

 

The Rams beat the 1-2 Cowboys and 0-2-1 Eagles. They get the Giants next and the Washington team the following week.   Talk about a Cake Walk.  

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This division is arguably the worst that I can remember. The NFC West was atrocious the year that Marshawn ran through the Saints. I thought that was the worst in my lifetime but the NFC East is giving them a run for their money this year.

It’s not THAT bad.  Dallas is a pretty good team.  They lost two close games on the road against good teams and they get to feast on the other scrubs in the NFCE.  I’d say they finish 9-7 at the very worst.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cowboys came within a play or so of beating the Seahawks last night. Their QB threw for almost 500 yards and 3 TDs. They could be 0 - 3 right now, and also could be 3 - 0 if a few plays went differently. I know it feels good to bash the Cowboys, but I wouldn't overlook them.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dallas could go 6-10 and win that division. The Eagles are really, really, really bad.

 

That said, my writing off the Eagles is normally followed by them reeling off 6 wins on the bounce. But they have so many problems it isn't even funny.

 

Dallas's defense absolutely sucks. Mike Nolan is finding out what Mike Smith, and Marvin Lewis and Rex Ryan have found in recent years.... the 2000 Ravens defense is an outdated relic. "Oh we are so multiple, we can do so much, we can blitz form anywhere." Yea. That ain't the modern NFL folks. You want to be good on defense now you better know what you are and play with great discipline and control. Those are players that look totally befuddled by the amount of reacting they are asked to do at the line. However, their offense is good. Dak has played pretty well, his receivers are good and while they have issues in protection with injuries they can win some games in shootouts. They have lost to the Rams and Seattle who both look like pretty good teams to me. They will outscore some of the lesser teams they play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Dallas could go 6-10 and win that division. The Eagles are really, really, really bad.

 

LOL I texted a buddy of mine in Philly last night that 7-9 will win that division.

 

Dallas has the offense to win them enough games despite a shoddy D.  Nobody else has any semblance of balance or even one-half of a good football team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eball said:

 

LOL I texted a buddy of mine in Philly last night that 7-9 will win that division.

 

Dallas has the offense to win them enough games despite a shoddy D.  Nobody else has any semblance of balance or even one-half of a good football team.

 

And the Cowboys have lost to the Rams and Seattle while beating (though only just) Atlanta. Philly have lost to Seattle, fine, they also lost to Washington and tied with Cincinnati.

 

There is a difference there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Eagles stuck with the wrong QB, their defense is bad, and the OL fell apart almost seemingly overnight. 

 

The Redskins are in a rebuild mode and have some nice pieces on defense. I know they spent a 1st on Haskins and this is only his 2nd year, but I don't think he is the answer long term. The talent level on this roster overall is not good by any means outside of that defensive front. 

 

The Cowboys are still the Cowboys no matter who the coach is. They are loaded with talent everywhere, but they always underachieve. Dak, though being a solid QB, almost always shrinks on the field in the biggest of moments for them. 

 

The Giants? Geez, they're on the same level as their NY counterparts the Jets. It's early in Judge's coaching career, and they lost Saquon, but dang this is a bad team. I don't know what to think about Jones because they basically have nothing around him. 

 

The NFCE is on par with the rest of everything else we've seen in 2020, in every facet of life in general for the most part, a complete and utter :censored: show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mannc said:

It’s not THAT bad.  Dallas is a pretty good team.  They lost two close games on the road against good teams and they get to feast on the other scrubs in the NFCE.  I’d say they finish 9-7 at the very worst.

I agree on Dallas but that division may not have another team win 7 games. That division is going to be something like 24-39-1. That’s awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The NFCE is clearly the worst division in football this year.  Not content to just be this year's most dysfunctional clown show, they seem determined to achieve historic levels of incompetence.  The combined records of the Eagles, Redskins, Cowboys, and Giants are 2-9-1.  It bares repeating.... 2-9-1.

 

One of those victories came when the Redskins played the Eagles, and someone had to win, and the other win was because the Atlanta Falcons were too stupid to just fall on an onside kick.  The one tie?  Today the Eagles and their $128 million QB managed to tie the 0-2 Bengals who are rolling with a rookie QB.  Maybe I'm being too tough on the Eagles, after all, they were the only NFCE team that didn't lose Sunday.

 

They say one of the reasons the NFL has been so successful is because it has managed through the salary cap and other initiatives to maintain parity, and there is no better example of that than the four teams that make up the NFCE in 2020... they all suck.

 

 

 

 

Clearly as the Eagles showed this week, someone DIDN'T HAVE TO win when they played the Redskins...in an ending that would have made Dick Jauron proud, they played for the tie this week in OT.

Edited by matter2003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Washington is actually slightly better than I thought (still not good though).

Eagles appear worse than I thought, but I still think they can turn it around a bit...and put together a 'decent' season.

I do not like Dallas, and said many times on this board they are over-rated when people had them in the top 5 in power rankings..but if things go right for them, they can be a 10 or 11 win team.

Giants?  wow, they were awful yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could be the division/season that causes the NFL to realign the current 4 team format. If a team wins that division and makes the playoffs with a 6-10 record look out! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

The Cowboys came within a play or so of beating the Seahawks last night. Their QB threw for almost 500 yards and 3 TDs. They could be 0 - 3 right now, and also could be 3 - 0 if a few plays went differently. I know it feels good to bash the Cowboys, but I wouldn't overlook them.

 

I agree Dallas is a good team, but Dak seems like the master of big yardage passing games that end up a loss.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cowboys should win that division with 8 or 9 wins, Eagles are a 6ish win team and the Washington and Giants teams are 5 or less win teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...