Lamar Miller visiting Buffalo

BillsMafi$

4 hours ago, Doc said:

True, but his options are running out at this point. 

which begs , what could he truly offer the Bills ?

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

slightly tangential to this thread...I love the NFL and they way people have such varying opinions with little information for the upcoming year.

A: “Singletary, coming off of a strong rookie campaign, is primed with the eye of the tiger and ready to take the next step in year two.”

B: “Singletary is a dumpster fire with fumbly-wumbly hands.  What were the Bills thinking?!”

There is no reason to think he won’t progress, unless he sees limited time if Moss outplays him.  Even then I believe he still will have better stats this year.

edit: I could honestly see one back going for 900 and the other going for 600.

I can see more than that for each, These guys will be a catch passing threat as well.
This is going to be fun ☺️ :)

3 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

I thought Bills should have grabbed Dare Ogunbowale after Tampa cut him. ST captain and gunner and a solid backup / 3rd down back. We could have then cut both Taiwan Jones and T.J. Yeldon. Then could add a extra receiver or corner. Makes too much sense to me.

Good eye by you.

yes and yes.
Miller ?  hmmmm...

Miller would be a decent back in our system. He's a one cut back similar to Arian Foster was, only difference is that Miller has better speed. I'd take Miller over Yeldon in a heartbeat, he's averaged 4.3 for his career behind some really really awful OL too

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm not talking about DE though... regardless of the combo they got. I think Dobbins gives your offense a different dimension it doesn't currently have out of the backfield. 

There is no question in my mind that Epenesa and Moss was the best route for this team. Each was far and away the Best Player Available on the board when we picked, regardless of position. Looking at what was available at every position in Round 3 - we'd have ended up with a real lackluster pick there had we went with Dobbins. The drop off from Dobbins to Moss is negligible. The drop off from Epenesa to who we would have been able to get in the third is massive. Dobbins would have been nice. But at the cost of losing out on one of the top DE's in the draft who I have little doubt will be starting for us for years to come in the future? No way.

Side note: Gabe Davis was also considered a steal for us at the end of the 4th. Brandon Beane loved him throughout the process. Looking at what's on the board in the 3rd, I'm willing to bet Beane would have took him there instead of being able steal him in the next round.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Monty98 said:

Miller would be a decent back in our system. He's a one cut back similar to Arian Foster was, only difference is that Miller has better speed. I'd take Miller over Yeldon in a heartbeat, he's averaged 4.3 for his career behind some really really awful OL too

If healthy, I agree with you.

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Many think Epenesas ceiling is a solid 6-8 sack rotational DE but nothing special. Same goes for Moss as a rotational RB.

Many think Dobbins is a potential really good/star back in this league. I'd take that over the former. 

I know you're a Dobbins fan. But I think you're really discounting Epenesa and Moss to prove your point.

Epenesa was considered the 2nd best DE in the entire class by most and pretty much everyone had him as a First Rounder. Saying his CEILING is as a rotational DE is simply absurd. That's his floor now. Especially after all the praise and some really nasty looking clips coming from Training Camp. He will be a starter as soon as possibly next season

Zack Moss doesn't have Dobbins speed. But we've got plenty of speed coming from the WR and TE position. Beane and McDermott value shiftiness and brute force from the RB position. As for people saying Moss is just a guy, I'm wondering where you're seeing this. Because just like Epenesa, Moss is being praised left and right. Hell, Peter Schrager had him #7 on his list of 2020 Breakout Players in the ENTIRE NFL.

Again, I like Dobbins as a player. Wouldn't have been upset if we picked him. But seeing how the entire Draft played out - the value of Epenesa/Moss is just so much higher than if we would have went RB in Round 2. It's really not even a question. 

• Like (+1) 5

16 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

People here that I trust who have a rep of knowing college game and players inside and out. Particularly @GunnerBill and @Kirby Jackson..... both of whom are not that high on Moss and Epenesa as others seem to be..... not that they won’t be solid NFL players, but really good/ star potential? Nah.... is Peter Schrager a scout? 

With all due respect to those posters - I'm gonna defer to Brandon Beane's opinion (and his scouts and the vast majority of others). The guy has been pretty much never wrong.

And from a purely philosophical standpoint, you almost never pass on a top pass rusher for a flashy RB. Especially when you can get a comparable one at least an entire round later. Every year star RB's are made from the bottom rounds and as UDFA's. Overvaluing Running Back over positions like Defensive End is something we did in the past and it's not a good recipe for building a team.

16 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Like I said I think it depends. Many don’t see Epenesa as a “top pass rusher” in the NFL. 

Beans has pretty much never been wrong? His 2018 offseason was abysmal offensively and the team hasn’t fielded a better than average offensive team since his arrival. He’s been wrong plenty on that side of the ball. 

You mean the year when he was *specifically* taking the roster down to it's roots in the middle of his rebuild and fixing of our salary cap? The year we were stockpiling draft picks so that he could maneuver the board and Draft our cornerstones in Josh Allen and Tremaine Edmunds? I don't even know how to respond to that argument. Especially when you look at where we are today coming from those rebuilding years.

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Because the dudes going to be a beast in this league... Epenesa may develop into a solid DE.... 

Playmaking, home run threat back for a struggling offense or a solid depth DE? Not that I hate the Epenesa pick but in today’s game I’d go Dobbins 100 times over. 

I didn't you know can tell the future. What's more important, getting DE when we need one, or Dobbins when we have Singletary and Moss? Who is the DE you would have taken after Epenesa?

Edited by BillsFan2313

3 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

I see. So we are still placing a premium on RBs, when Singletary showed our and adding Moss. 

Who is we?  I really liked JK Dobbins because he brings something different to the table with great speed. 2nd rd as opposed to a 3rd. You can’t be serious about this comment.  You realize we used a 3rd on Moss right?  McB obviously did. I wanted to take a rb one round earlier.....is that SO much different? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Who is we?  I really liked JK Dobbins because he brings something different to the table with great speed. 2nd rd as opposed to a 3rd. You can’t be serious about this comment.  You realize we used a 3rd on Moss right?  McB obviously did. I wanted to take a rb one round earlier.....is that SO much different? 

You and the RB fanatics. I do realize we used a 3rd on moss. I also realize our youngest DE was 30+ before Epenesa, and we already had Motor on board 

775 yards, on 151 carries. 5.1 average. That Dobbins though....

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

What’s more important is drafting a impact player. Not drafting for need. 

I like both Moss and Epenesa, but I think Dobbins can be a star player. I don’t think the same about Moss or Epenesa. 

You think doesn't mean you know. Singletary has already showed out. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

You and the RB fanatics. I do realize we used a 3rd on moss. I also realize our youngest DE was 30+ before Epenesa, and we already had Motor on board 

Awesome.  Thanks.  I’m happy with our draft.  At the time I wanted a game breaking back.  Sue me

17 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

775 yards, on 151 carries. 5.1 average. That Dobbins though....

You think doesn't mean you know. Singletary has already showed out. 

He’s also shown that he fumbles. A lot. 4 fumbles in 180 touches.

It matters more than you think

Edited by NewEra

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Awesome.  Thanks.  I’m happy with our draft.  At the time I wanted a game breaking back.  Sue me

He’s also shown that he fumbles. A lot. 4 fumbles in 180 touches.

It matters more than you think

Fumbles are definitely not correctable. What was I thinking. 

https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/1302773793916551169?s=20

22 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Fumbles are definitely not correctable. What was I thinking. 

https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/1302773793916551169?s=20

What happens when you have a explosive game breaking rb that fumbles?  You draft a RB in the 3rd round.  We may have drafted one in the 2nd if Akers, Swift, Clyde or Taylor we’re available.  

You act as is he already fixed his fumble problem.  Yes, he may fix his fumble problems.  Until he actually fixes them and has shown it’s not a problem, it’s still a problem.  McD has made it a point to let him know, taking jabs at the ball he’s carrying in practicing.

We’ll see when Moss is getting all the carries in the 4th when we have a lead.

Edited by NewEra

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

What happens when you have a explosive game breaking rb that fumbles?  You draft a RB in the 3rd round.  We may have drafted one in the 2nd if Akers, Swift, Clyde or Taylor we’re available.  

You act as is he already fixed his fumble problem.  Yes, he may fix his fumble problems.  Until he actually fixes them and has shown it’s not a problem, it’s still a problem.  McD has made it a point to let him know, taking jabs at the ball he’s carrying in practicing.

We’ll see when Moss is getting all the carries in the 4th when we have a lead.

?