Buffalo one of only two stadiums that will require face coverings on sideline

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, TroutDog said:

Cheers Mike. I come down to your neck of the woods from time to time and will happily treat you to lunch when I make it next. People here know what I’m dealing with and these a** hats claiming an infringement on their liberty is comedic. WWII anyone?

Same here. Calling them a**hats is generous.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, todd said:

Absolute bull crap. I’d like to see studies supporting your theories from reputable sources. Masks work. That’s why medical professionals have been wearing them for years. Tinfoil hat much?

You are suggesting herd immunity in NY, which is so laughable it stupid. 

People who can’t see the value in wearing masks ANYWHERE you can’t stay over 6 feet away from people are ... not smart. Indoor or out. 

We should be doing everything possible to ensure people who are at risk of catching the disease and being killed by it are safe. Surely you know someone in that boat?

I can show you it but you will just dismiss it because leftists always scream they are for science, but never follow it. what’s stupid is you. People in NY are not behaving any different than people in Florida. But magically it doesn’t spread in WNY. Sweden hasn’t hit what is considered herd immunity but numbers show once 20% infections occur, spread slows to controllable levels. Wouldn’t  expect you to understand that. By the way, your wonderful governor still managed to kill twice as many as any other state Good job....

Published: July 30, 2020; Updated: September 1, 2020
Share on: Twitter / Facebook

An overview of the current evidence regarding the effectiveness of face masks.

1. Studies on the effectiveness of face masks

So far, most studies found little to no evidence for the effectiveness of cloth face masks in the general population, neither as personal protective equipment nor as a source control.

1. A May 2020 meta-study on pandemic influenza published by the US CDC found that face masks had no effect, neither as personal protective equipment nor as a source control. (Source)
  2. A July 2020 review by the Oxford Centre for Evidence-Based Medince found that there is no evidence for the effectiveness of cloth masks against virus infection or transmission. (Source)
  3. A Covid-19 cross-country study by the University of East Anglia found that a mask requirement was of no benefit and could even increase the risk of infection. (Source)
  4. An April 2020 review by two US professors in respiratory and infectious disease from the University of Illinois concluded that face masks have no effect in everyday life, neither as self-protection nor to protect third parties (so-called source control). (Source)
  5. An article in the New England Journal of Medicine from May 2020 came to the conclusion that cloth face masks offer little to no protection in everyday life. (Source)
  6. An April 2020 Cochrane review (preprint) found that face masks in the general population or health care workers didn’t reduce influenza-like illness (ILI) cases. (Source)
  7. An April 2020 review by the Norwich School of Medicine (preprint) found that “the evidence is not sufficiently strong to support widespread use of facemasks”, but supports the use of masks by “particularly vulnerable individuals when in transient higher risk situations.” (Source)
  8. A July 2020 study by Japanese researchersfound that cloth masks “offer zero protection against coronavirus” due to their large pore size and generally poor fit. (Source)
  9. A 2015 study in the British Medical Journal BMJ Open found that cloth masks were penetrated by 97% of particles and may increase infection risk by retaining moisture or repeated use. (Source)
Additional aspects
  1. There is increasing evidence that the SARS-2 coronavirus is transmitted, at least in indoor settings, not only by droplets but also by smaller aerosols. However, due to their large pore size and poor fit, cloth masks cannot filter out aerosols (see video analysis below): over 90% of aerosols penetrate or bypass the mask and fill a medium-sized room within minutes.
  2. The WHO admitted to the BBC that its June 2020 mask policy update was due not to new evidence but “political lobbying”: “We had been told by various sources WHO committee reviewing the evidence had not backed masks but they recommended them due to political lobbying. This point was put to WHO who did not deny.” (D. Cohen, BBC Medical Corresponent)
  3. Japan, despite its widespread use of face masks, experienced its most recent influenza epidemic with more than 5 million people falling ill just one year ago, in January and February 2019. However, unlike SARS-2, the influenza virus is transmitted by children, too.
  4. Many states that introduced mandatory face masks on public transport and in shops in spring or early summer, such as Hawaii, California, Argentina, Spain, France and Japan, still saw a strong increase in infections from July onwards, indicating a low effectiveness of mask policies.
  5. Austrian scientists found that the introduction, retraction and re-introduction of mandatory face masks in Austria had no influence at all on the infection rate.
  6. In the US state of Kansas, the 90 counties without mask mandates had lower coronavirus infection rates than the 15 counties with mask mandates. To hide this fact, the Kansas health department tried to manipulate the official statistics and data presentation.
  7. Contrary to common belief, studies in hospitals found that the wearing of a medical mask by surgeons during operations didn’t reduce post-operative bacterial wound infections in patients.
  8. In children, the risk of Covid-19 disease and transmission is very low – much lower than for influenza – and face masks for children are therefore, in general, not indicated.
  9. During the notorious 1918 influenza pandemic, the use of cloth face masks among the general population was widespread and in some places mandatory, but they made no difference.
hawaii-masks-cases.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/5/2020 at 7:02 PM, Not at the table Karlos said:

You called yourself a moron. I said you called yourself that in sarcasm. You said you weren’t being sarcastic. You said it not me

Not at all. 

Let’s add intellectual dishonestly to the list of rhetorical short comings that prevent you from being capable any meaningful exchange. 

Off with you now. 

Edited by K-9
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, todd said:

Example please from a credible source?

I have a pic on my phone that I can't post because it's too big but it does say it on the box from the makers themselves. I promise you it does. Do a google imaging search. You will find a ton of them

Just now, BuffAlone said:

CDC says only 6% of fatalities were due to Covid alone. THAT  is listening to scientists

Actually, that is 100% incorrect. You might want to understand what a co-morbidity actually is. 

You can have a co-morbidity, say a rare form of cancer called chordoma, get radiation which probably saves your life, cures the cancer, but leaves your immune system damaged for 6 months. You get coronavirus, and you can’t fight it off and get respiratory problems from it and you die. On your death certificate your co-morbidities are listed, not just corona, and therefore you aren’t counted as dying from corona alone, even though you actually did.

whoever interpreted the cdc data for you was 100% wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I'm happy that you can read at that level.

Why are you such a prick? I'm specifically stating what it says on the box. It says it doesn't protect from covid 19 or other viruses. Just because that goes against what the CDC says doesn't mean the makers who put the warning on the box are wrong

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Ooooohhhhh...Scientists are 'out to get you'!

Where did I say that?

Like I said you need to learn how to read before trying to insult. Weak insults at that. Can’t even come up with your own just repeating what you struggle to do. you just pretty much say I know you are but what am i. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why SF and not LA? 

Local restrictions. SF (and Northern California in general) has done a far better job than LA/So Cal in controlling the virus. They will and should continue. As should New York. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I don't care what that says. It actually says it from the makers on the box. I have a oic but it's too big and won't let me post

So you don’t care what science says? Some lawyer made someone put something on a box and you’d. Rather believe that? Dude - wear a damn mask and save people’s lives.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Oh,I get it. Politicians 'good'. Scientists 'bad'. There is no hope for morons like you.

name calling now? I see who the tolerant ones are. I merely stated a fact. without opinion. and you resort to name calling as a response. The CDC is as "scientific" as it gets. and likely as "political" as it gets as well. But thats neither here nor there. I simply stated a fact and you got completely triggered

2 minutes ago, todd said:

Actually, that is 100% incorrect. You might want to understand what a co-morbidity actually is. 

You can have a co-morbidity, say a rare form of cancer called chordoma, get radiation which probably saves your life, cures the cancer, but leaves your immune system damaged for 6 months. You get coronavirus, and you can’t fight it off and get respiratory problems from it and you die. On your death certificate your co-morbidities are listed, not just corona, and therefore you aren’t counted as dying from corona alone, even though you actually did.

whoever interpreted the cdc data for you was 100% wrong.

lmfao. Im not an idiot. I completely understand what that means

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, todd said:

So you don’t care what science says? Some lawyer made someone put something on a box and you’d. Rather believe that? Dude - wear a damn mask and save people’s lives.

The MAKERS of the mask says it. Why would I not believe that. Don't tell me to wear a mask. You keep talking about science. There has been a ton of science INCLUDING the CDC themselves that "asymptomatic" spreading of the virus is extremely rare. My God

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

name calling now? I see who the tolerant ones are. I merely stated a fact. without opinion. and you resort to name calling as a response. The CDC is as "scientific" as it gets. and likely as "political" as it gets as well. But thats neither here nor there. I simply stated a fact and you got completely triggered

lmfao. Im not an idiot. I completely understand what that means

Apparently you don’t.

Just now, BUFFALOBART said:

You didn't state any 'fact'. Don't get snowflaky on us...

fact is...The CDC stated that of all the covid 19 related deaths in America, 94% of those were related to other health factors and co-morbidities. Do ypu not agree that they stated that?

Threads like this reveal again and again  how modern medicine and public health policy have thwarted nature's otherwise unending and inevitable efficiency at weeding out the weakest and least likely to survive, allowing their unnatural genetic propagation.

Darwin was correct for all but a single species.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

The MAKERS of the mask says it. Why would I not believe that. Don't tell me to wear a mask. You keep talking about science. There has been a ton of science INCLUDING the CDC themselves that "asymptomatic" spreading of the virus is extremely rare. My God

Wear a mask. Don’t be a fool. It can save people’s lives. I have cancer. I’m getting radiation. All it takes is one asymptomatic maskless moron to turn the corner and run into me and infect me. It has almost happened multiple times. Try living in fear like that, smartsss.

Wear a damn mask.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

READ up on the subject, and why it is important to wear masks around other people. It's not difficult. The "BOX" has told you evreything that you think you know..

Why did the CDC a few months back say that asymptomatic spreading of the virus is rare then, huh? So the CDC is right when they say what YOU want to hear but when it goes against what you want to believe then you act like it doesn't exist. I mean, afterall they are "science"

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, todd said:

Wear a mask. Don’t be a fool. It can save people’s lives. I have cancer. I’m getting radiation. All it takes is one asymptomatic maskless moron to turn the corner and run into me and infect me. It has almost happened multiple times. Try living in fear like that, smartsss.

Wear a damn mask.

They said that asymptomatic spreading of the virus is rare. The only people that should be wearing masks are the ones that are immunocompromised. It makes no sense for asymptomatics to be wearing them. I wish you the best in your treatment but don't force feed me into wearing one

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, todd said:

Wear a damn mask.

sorry to hear of your ailment. truely. I have family going thru similar issues, including my mother whom i havent seen since this started. I wear my mask in public. I never said I didnt respect that. I just stated a truth and was called an idiot. Those who are in high risk need to be protected. Those who arent should still be careful and mindful. but damn, 50 million people died from Spanish flu. The world never shut down like this. 

• Like (+1) 1

There were around 500 new cases at SUNY Oneonta, this past week, because a few dozen people held parties. That was 'asymptomatic spreading'.

i'm not gonna argue about this with you anymore. You're so far left it isn't funny

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Sounds like you do not listen to Scientists...

Spare us your false equivalences...

not sure how you got that from my post???  I proposed a simple question regarding this directive, and stated a fact about our governor.

7 minutes ago, todd said:

Wear a mask. Don’t be a fool. It can save people’s lives. I have cancer. I’m getting radiation. All it takes is one asymptomatic maskless moron to turn the corner and run into me and infect me. It has almost happened multiple times.

I’m really sorry to hear that - hope you are doing well.  If I may ask, how did you ascertain that these people were asymptomatic carriers of COVID-19?

As a Nation, we must pull together. It is not about YOU.

pull together as a nation and shut down thousands of businesses that hard working Americans depend on to preserve their lives. Hell, while we're at it, lets burn it all down too. just make sure you all wear masks while roasting your marshmallows😷

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

No. I simply have consideration for others. Express your complaint to the 500 new SUNY cases...Dumbass...

you should seriously stop with the name calling

• Like (+1) 1

Express your complaint to the 500 new SUNY cases...Dumbass...

You wanted to quote the CDC because it's science but when I bring up what they said about asymptomatic carriers rarely spreading it you went completely against that and are saying they are wrong. So, you're proving me right. The CDC to YOU is right when they say what you want to hear but not when it goes against it. You're the dumbass. Peace

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Yeah. It's a big conspiracy, right??? Do you think ANYBODY wants this?? The Buffalo Bills have almost $2600 of my money for season tickets that I will not get to use this year. I accept that, and accept what must be done.

Idk wtf you are talking about concerning a conspiracy. This is all common knoweledge to those who have their eyes open. I could care less about your money.What I said is exactly whats going on. I have no horse in the race. Im simply stating the facts

Yeah. It's a big conspiracy, right??? Do you think ANYBODY wants this?? The Buffalo Bills have almost $2600 of my money for season tickets that I will not get to use this year. I accept that, and accept what must be done.

Piss off, Junior...Enough of you...

Because I'm right? Awe, someone has their panties in a twist. Bye sweetie

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

He is trying to do a job, and he has done it very well. This is a International crisis. Some people are too goddamn selfish to care, and simply prolong the pandemic.

You think Cuomo is doing this for fun????

No one wants this, but we have to pull together, as a Nation to defeat it.

I don't object to most of his restrictions, but it's hard for me to say he did a good job when we are #1 in total COVID state deaths and #2 in per capita deaths.  He also railed against quarantines of New Yorkers, who spread much of the disease to the rest of the nation, only to enforce strict quarantines now.  

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I’m really sorry to hear that - hope you are doing well.  If I may ask, how did you ascertain that these people were asymptomatic carriers of COVID-19?

The point is they could be. While getting treatment I’m currently living in an area riddled with maskless idiot college students. You just don’t know if they are infected or not, just that they are irresponsible and stupid.

44 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

sorry to hear of your ailment. truely. I have family going thru similar issues, including my mother whom i havent seen since this started. I wear my mask in public. I never said I didnt respect that. I just stated a truth and was called an idiot. Those who are in high risk need to be protected. Those who arent should still be careful and mindful. but damn, 50 million people died from Spanish flu. The world never shut down like this. 

Thanks.

Sorry, but your truth is questionable.

That was 100 years ago. Are you really comparing our understanding of medicine and how we deal with things to now? Don’t you think it is important to do whatever is in our power to save at risk people like me, including wearing masks? Is it that hard?

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

Why did the CDC a few months back say that asymptomatic spreading of the virus is rare then, huh? So the CDC is right when they say what YOU want to hear but when it goes against what you want to believe then you act like it doesn't exist. I mean, afterall they are "science"

Coupla things going on here. First, scientific understanding evolves. “BUT IN APRIL THEY SAID” yeah, that was then, this is now new information is synthesized and applied. 

But also, the CDC has been compromised and should be regarded with extreme caution. Or at least a Nobel laureate, former director of the NIH and former director of the NCI thinks so. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arstechnica.com/science/2020/09/ignore-the-cdc-former-top-health-experts-say-some-states-already-have/%3famp=1

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

They said that asymptomatic spreading of the virus is rare. The only people that should be wearing masks are the ones that are immunocompromised. It makes no sense for asymptomatics to be wearing them. I wish you the best in your treatment but don't force feed me into wearing one

Force feed you? Really? That might be the most uncaring, ignorant, and selfish thing I’ve ever read on this board. 

I’m not sure who “they” are. They are wrong. Wear a damn mask.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, todd said:

Force feed you? Really? That might be the most uncaring, ignorant, and selfish thing I’ve ever read on this board. 

I’m not sure who “they” are. They are wrong. Wear a damn mask.

"They" is the CDC. We already went over this. The CDC is wrong?

Edited by Buffalo03

Well, this is going about as well as I expected.  🙄

I wear a mask in public not to protect myself (as the box might indicate), but because I feel I owe that little bit of effort to protect other people I encounter. If I’m in my car or outside at the park, no mask. If I head into a store I 100% wear a mask. It’s pretty easy to be a good citizen and neighbor.

HEY! I read they will be wearing masks on the sidelines! Anyone remember that? 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 3