Presidential Debates 2020

B-Man

32 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

It was just as entertaining as when the President called him dumb.   

Biden had to talk over Trump.  He had no choice.  If he doesn't go on the offensive and play the same game as Trump then we hear about how weak he is.  Its the reason he has the nomination.  Biden won the bid because he was viewed as a fighter and someone who can stand up to Trump.  That debate was a new low in American politics.

There is nothing presidential about either of them but no one seems to really care anymore.  

Would agree w/ this.

But, make no mistake, Biden showed 8 years ago that he'd have been talking over 45 whether 45 was playing nice or playing himself. 

My take is still that neither won the debate (it's hard to win a debate when you can't articulate complete thoughts & neither man can) but 45 might have lost it.  Though getting Biden to tacitly admit he'll stack the SC if he can and (paraphrasing here) that Antifa is an idea and not an organization (try telling that to people who had their businesses burned down) were a couple of solid body blows. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

Would agree w/ this.

But, make no mistake, Biden showed 8 years ago that he'd have been talking over 45 whether 45 was playing nice or playing himself. 

My take is still that neither won the debate (it's hard to win a debate when you can't articulate complete thoughts & neither man can) but 45 might have lost it.  Though getting Biden to tacitly admit he'll stack the SC if he can and (paraphrasing here) that Antifa is an idea and not an organization (try telling that to people who had their businesses burned down) were a couple of solid body blows. 

Plus he got Joe to denounce the GND, he cornered Joe on law enforcement and made him look bad, and of course nailed him with Hunter Biden's corruption and got Joe to lie (deny) about not only that but about an incident that's on tape for the world to see (calling soldiers stupid bastards). 

Trump landed a lot of substantial body blows on Joe, and I expect his media team will have a field day cutting up those ads. Joe scored some too -- just not as many or anything as meaningful. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Feeding the stupid keeps them alive longer than necessary.

People like him will never understand why we have Trump as President and he may get to spew his idiotic drivel about Trump for another 4 years.

Totally delusional.

19 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I don't think any Trump had anything to do with the New Black Panthers and their special kind of poll watching in Philadelphia. 

See the source image

fake news. 

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And yet he is winning BIGLY! 😀

13 minutes ago, njbuff said:

People like him will never understand why we have Trump as President and he may get to spew his idiotic drivel about Trump for another 4 years.

Totally delusional.

Because he is a rabble rouser. The rabble mobilized in 2016 while the good people got complacent. It happens. Won't happen this time. 

Hopefully we get to do a little cleaning up after we win the election. The tree of liberty thing...

Was Trump's second greatest achievement, foreign policy, not to be discussed last night?  That a separate debate?

Would seem to me that's important.  

Just wondering as I was reflecting on Neo Con Joe threatening Brazil with how they should conduct their business.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Why don't you actually quote what was said? You present this as a transcript but left part of it out? BTW, last night you posted the same crap over and over again. I have never reported anyone or called for a ban, but if you do that again I'm going to report you and I've got the feeling that many others will too. 

Go post another manipulated image bro

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Was Trump's second greatest achievement, foreign policy, not to be discussed last night?  That a separate debate?

Just wondering as I was reflecting on Neo Con Joe threatening Brazil with how they should conduct their business.  

Correct, it wasn't a topic. It should be for the second debate. 

CNN did a bogus insta-poll last night that showed Biden winning strongly (note the use of the power word there!)

Telemundo did one that showed Trump winning

CSPAN did this one.

They are all ... garbage. Not worth even looking at.

The Vox one just now is solid. It's the only "real" poll we have. And that one shows Biden 52, Trump 39.

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Chris Wallace himself selected the topics.

https://www.debates.org/2020/09/22/moderator-announces-topics-for-first-presidential-debate-2/

Before anyone gets all riled up, remember: all the ground rules are set by negotiations between the two campaigns.

And here's today's laugh out loud line:

"The format for the first debate calls for six 15-minute time segments dedicated to topics announced in advance in order to encourage deep discussion of the leading issues facing the country."

Edited by The Frankish Reich

31 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Plus he got Joe to denounce the GND, he cornered Joe on law enforcement and made him look bad, and of course nailed him with Hunter Biden's corruption and got Joe to lie (deny) about not only that but about an incident that's on tape for the world to see (calling soldiers stupid bastards). 

Trump landed a lot of substantial body blows on Joe, and I expect his media team will have a field day cutting up those ads. Joe scored some too -- just not as many or anything as meaningful. 

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

You're stupid. 

Look at the video that's posted right above.

"I don't know who the Proud Boys are."

Don't you think, if you're being pummeled in the (mainstream) media about you're refusal to disavow them you'd use, I don't know, the next 16 hours to find out who they are?

Then you could come out and do proper damage control (not the type that your campaign manager -- not the one in a mental ward, the new one -- is forcing you to do). It would be easy:

"After looking into the nature of that group, which I wasn't fully apprised of when my opponent threw that name in my face last night, I can say that I unequivocally denounce any violent or threatening tactics by them, which can only heighten tensions in these delicate times."

And still ... he can't do it.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Look at the video that's posted right above.

"I don't know who the Proud Boys are."

Don't you think, if you're being pummeled in the (mainstream) media about you're refusal to disavow them you'd use, I don't know, the next 16 hours to find out who they are?

Then you could come out and do proper damage control (not the type that your campaign manager -- not the one in a mental ward, the new one -- is forcing you to do). It would be easy:

"After looking into the nature of that group, which I wasn't fully apprised of when my opponent threw that name in my face last night, I can say that I unequivocally denounce any violent or threatening tactics by them, which can only heighten tensions in these delicate times."

And still ... he can't do it.

Which somehow makes you less stupid?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That makes the question even more annoying then.  The response to that question and the response to the question about opposing "corporate racial sensitivity training" (aka the Marxist program of CRT) were the 2 biggest hits 45 took IMHO, because although he was on the right side of both issues he didn't come close to saying what he needed to say & for anyone watching that was getting their 1st exposure to these questions would hear pretty much the opposite of what 45 meant.

Yes, he said "sure" a couple of times, which meant yes he disavows them & has done so repeatedly in the past, but it APPEARED like he didn't really want to do so.  And that, IMHO, was because he wanted to talk about Antifa & couldn't keep the 2 thoughts fully clear & separate from his brain to his mouth.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Go post another manipulated image bro

Oh, the irony. You might want to be a little more contrite. After all, you posted the same statement in this thread probably 15-20 times last night. Have whatever opinion you want but clean up your game and quit posting the same crap over and over. You are not trying to discuss anything, you are trying to just bring the level of discourse here down. 

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

That makes the question even more annoying then.  The response to that question and the response to the question about opposing "corporate racial sensitivity training" (aka the Marxist program of CRT) were the 2 biggest hits 45 took IMHO, because although he was on the right side of both issues he fidget come close to saying what he needed to say & for anyone watching that was getting their 1st exposure to these questions would hear pretty much the opposite of what 45 meant.

Yes, he said "sure" a couple of times, which meant yes he disavows them & has done so repeatedly in the past, but it APPEARED like he didn't really want to do so.  And that, IMHO, was because he wanted to talk about Antifa & couldn't keep the 2 thoughts fully clear & separate from his brain to his mouth.

Yep. He flubbed it. 

Read what I just said. I am not so clouded by my politics that I can't provide an objective review. Trump started strongly. Biden looked frightened. Even the aggressive interruptions worked at first. But then Trump overplayed that hand, stuck to the badgering, flubbed his own points, and wound up in a worse place than where he began the evening.

12 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Maybe update that dated line?

Yes, I am obsessed with how a seemingly mild-mannered schmuck transforms into SuperQ, vanquisher of the Deep State.

There it is again, you're obsessed with Q. :lol: 

Wonder why that is?

(not really, we all know why)

Face it, Frank. You're a homophobe (which likely means you're just repressed) who fancies me. So much so that you're willing to invent positions, assign them to me, and then argue with yourself for hours and hours just so you can have me in your digital life. You've been exposed. And it's hilarious to witness you continue to flail. 

24 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No. Because Trump continues to curry favor with white nationalist groups and fringe conspiracy theorists. He can put an end to that anytime he wants to; he doesn't want to.

If you assume this to be true, then you should very easily assume it to be true that BIden-Harris curry favor with Antifa and BLM, no? Harris even urged them to continue rioting.

Why won't Joe denounce Antifa and BLM? Are we supposed to believe that Biden honestly sees Antifa only as an idea? Then can he at least denounce the idea? Why is there not equal questioning on this? 

Is it possibly because when you go to www.Antifa.com, it takes you to a Harris-Biden fundraising page?

• Like (+1) 5

24 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Oh, the irony. You might want to be a little more contrite. After all, you posted the same statement in this thread probably 15-20 times last night. Have whatever opinion you want but clean up your game and quit posting the same crap over and over. You are not trying to discuss anything, you are trying to just bring the level of discourse here down. 

Actually it was only ten times -  you can clearly count them up on my profile.

But whether you like it or not - it was a very important message to drive home and CLEARLY TRIGGERED YOU:

The President of the United States told a White Supremacist group to stand back and stand by.

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

There it is again, you're obsessed with Q. :lol: 

Wonder why that is?

(not really, we all know why)

Face it, Frank. You're a homophobe (which likely means you're just repressed) who fancies me. So much so that you're willing to invent positions, assign them to me, and then argue with yourself for hours and hours just so you can have me in your digital life. You've been exposed. And it's hilarious to witness you continue to flail. 

You got me. I got a thing for those Proud Boys in the polo shirts.

But seriously: you know better than to post idiot "insta polls" or impressionistic "I've see more guys waving Trump flags on interstate overpasses in the lasst week than I've seen Biden flags in my life."

I actually like engaging in good discussions and arguments about Politics, Polls, and Pundits.

But I call people out for posting confirmation bias specials like this. And for posting crap like "Fake News" or "That's what the mainstream media wants you to believe" in response to every scientifically-conducted poll. And when I call people out on that I point out where they're coming from if I know about it. In your case, that's a far fringe conspiracy theory that causes you to believe that nothing in the mainstream news or polling is "real" and it should therefore be discounted without further discussion (unless, of course, it is the rare one that confirms your hopes). THAT is fair play. THAT is separate and apart from exchanging juvenile insults, which is clearly also a tradition here, and one that I do enjoy partaking in from time to time ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich