The NFL Follows Suit With "Social Justice" Message

H2o

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I honestly would hate to lose friends I have made on this site over politics.....and admittedly I am a reactive poster (see something stupid......post that it is stupid)

but

This particular issue runs deep......The NBA season was nearly CANCELED earlier this week.......teams like the lakers and clippers literally didnt want to play and Obama steps in and helps out........

Bottom line........people need to start listening and stop denying........or their WILL be a hard time keeping these sports going because the stars wont play.....which in term would greatly affect this site.

Still......I understand your point......voice of reason is still a good thing to hear

The NBA was extremely divided over the decision to stop play and cancel the season.  LeBron thought the stoppage was stupid and I agree.  A work stoppage with no agenda, no plan, is asinine.  Furthermore, they did it before any real facts were known.  Are they going to stop play every time someone is shot by a LEO?  Do the circumstances matter?

Postponing games may look like a powerful statement to some but I don't know what the message is.  The NHL followed suit because the media mob demands it and they don't want to look bad.

If the stars don't want to play then I wish them all the best of luck applying their skills in other fields.  LeBron and Mahomes will have hard time competing with me in the world of financial services.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Scenario one

A man of color walks away from cops....reaches into his car (where later a knife was found) and is shot several times in the back

Scenario two

A automatic weapon wielding young man kills 2 people and injuries another.....and police approach....ignore the one WITH THE WEAPON with people screaming that he had just killed someone.......he is allowed to leave the scene....drive home.....and sleep in his own bed before finally being apprehended.   Video surfaces that the police in the area actually gave this young man bottles of water and THANKING him for being their WITH HIS WEAPON.

And you cant see the "evidence"?

I’ll save you the embarrassment of having unwittingly proven my point—literally proven my point—and just let you see yourself out. 

Yikes.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsSB2020KO said:

Good. Sports should be cancelled then. Because the average person is incapable of defending themselves against high level psychological operations such as the blatant race baiting propaganda that is propelled by media operatives and influencers. And these people are puppets used to influence you. 

Follow a backless narrative if you want, but just realize you’re being mind f***ed by people who know your psychology inside and out and mean to destroy this country from within. It’s actually astonishing how such basic divide and conquer tactics work on the majority of the population. 

If no no one in sports has the courage to challenge a narrative that is utterly untrue then screw sports. 

Typical Trump cultists......if you were eating chicken ***** and he told you were eating chicken dinner......you would believe him.    If you get rid of sports this very site goes away.....but hey you will be happy while the majority would not

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsSB2020KO said:

Good. Sports should be cancelled then. Because the average person is incapable of defending themselves against high level psychological operations such as the blatant race baiting propaganda that is propelled by media operatives and influencers. And these people are puppets used to influence you. 

Follow a backless narrative if you want, but just realize you’re being mind f***ed by people who know your psychology inside and out and mean to destroy this country from within. It’s actually astonishing how such basic divide and conquer tactics work on the majority of the population. 

If no no one in sports has the courage to challenge a narrative that is utterly untrue then screw sports. 

This is insane.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

The NBA was extremely divided over the decision to stop play and cancel the season.  LeBron thought the stoppage was stupid and I agree.  A work stoppage with no agenda, no plan, is asinine.  Furthermore, they did it before any real facts were known.  Are they going to stop play every time someone is shot by a LEO?  Do the circumstances matter?

Postponing games may look like a powerful statement to some but I don't know what the message is.  The NHL followed suit because the media mob demands it and they don't want to look bad.

If the stars don't want to play then I wish them all the best of luck applying their skills in other fields.  LeBron and Mahomes will have hard time competing with me in the world of financial services.

They wouldnt need to because they have already made their money......the ones who would suffer would be the players coming up behind them

and.....life without sports would totally suck

I’ll save you the embarrassment of having unwittingly proven my point—literally proven my point—and just let you see yourself out. 

Yikes.

You joined last week to bring such wisdom? my guess is a burner account for one of the other gems on here.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Typical Trump cultists......if you were eating chicken ***** and he told you were eating chicken dinner......you would believe him.    If you get rid of sports this very site goes away.....but hey you will be happy while the majority would not

Hey bub, you’re truly outside your range here. So I will no longer waste time and energy on you. I am not engaged in the fake right left paradigm. 

I hope you come within hailing distance of objectivity one day. I truly truly do

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsSB2020KO said:

Yikes.

Or you could defend the undefensible......I will wait

Hey bub, you’re truly outside your range here. So I will no longer waste time and energy on you. I am not engaged in the fake right left paradigm. 

I hope you come within hailing distance of objectivity one day. I truly truly do

Got it...you cant defend it so your out.....typical

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsSB2020KO said:

The most amazing conceit of the far right neo-fascist flyover state lunasphere is believing that their own sad addled bigoted brains are worthy of being hacked into and manipulated.  Go peddle your Pizza Gate garbage in PPP.  This place isn’t the sewer.  We don’t need Lyndon LaRouche flyer distributors up here.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Now wait wait......one of those protesters who got killed this week was "armed" with a skateboard.......and of course he had it acomin because he should have ignored that the shooter had just KILLED someone

Love that one. Because people who are trying to stop people from killing other people should definitely be killed. The world needs fewer people trying to stop people from killing and needs more guns. We all know that to be fact! Gotta protect what’s mine!

13 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Pretty sure if i fight the cops, and have a knife, and continue refusing their commands, and then re-engage them in physical conflict while in possession of said knife, i have given them plenty of justification to shoot me as many times as it takes to end the threat. So, since i have this common sense, i ask again, why would i do this?

A cop has justification to shoot someone 7 times if they reach into a car and dont come out with the knife in hand?

WTF are you smoking?

6 minutes ago, BillsSB2020KO said:

Compelling argument. Haha I love people like you I really do. Everyone’s mind is twitter-fied. Incapable of creating and articulating a position. Just snipes and insults. 

You cant even justify your own position and your complaining about someone else?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

A cop has justification to shoot someone 7 times if they reach into a car and dont come out with the knife in hand?

WTF are you smoking?

Honestly, John, don’t bother with this guy. Go to PPP and see his posts. He is definitely never going to agree with you. He leans so far right that he just tipped over and fell right into the cesspool. He’s kind of like the joker when he comes out of that nuclear waste stuff. You just can’t get through to him

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

WTF are you smoking?

You cant even justify your own position and your complaining about someone else?

Oh you poor dear.  You can’t see that the media and George Soros are developing a fake vaccine in response to a fake disease, in order to control your mind and turn you into a pedophile?  Silly dear.

• Haha (+1) 5